Name for a Scandinavian/Scottish protagonist

I’m looking for a Scandinavian girl name for a half Scottish and half Scandinavian protagonist. The story is in a fictional place and the present.
The protagonist basically looks like [name_f]Karen[/name_f] Gillan with an introverted but sweet personality. Nothing particularly special about her she’s just an ordinary girl.
The names I am thinking about are [name_f]Ida[/name_f] and [name_f]Tove[/name_f] but they don’t seem to be the right name. I also don’t want the name to be familiar in the US. Please don’t suggest any names that are associated with Norse myths because that is part of the plot. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Kudos on not having a Special Snowflake protagonist.Very refreshing.

Hmm…

Scottish names:

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]/[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]-[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f],respectively.While they aren´t exactly well known,they are familiar to a more Western audience.
[name_f]Ailsa[/name_f]-As in [name_f]Ailsa[/name_f] [name_m]Craig[/name_m].I put it here because it´s pretty,and that´s about it,tbh.
[name_f]Jamesina[/name_f]-Feminine form of [name_u]James[/name_u],which is probably perceived as being old-fashioned,but I like it.It has spunk,imo.
[name_f]Morven[/name_f]-It comes from a place name meaning “big gap”,which may not be very appealing,but I think it´s sound and look make up for it.It also has literary cred,being the name of Finngal´s kingdom in [name_u]James[/name_u] Macpherson´s poems.
[name_f]Sorcha[/name_f]-Pronounced either sor-kha or sor-sha,it means radiance and is my one of my favorite Scottish names.

Scandinavian names:

[name_f]Anja[/name_f]-Scandinavian form of [name_f]Anya[/name_f],pronounced the same.I think it´s cute and strong.
[name_f]Birgitta[/name_f]-Either a Scandinavian form of [name_f]Bridget[/name_f],or a female form of Birger,which means “help, save, rescue”.It´s a very strong but feminine name.
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]-Pronounced leev,it means protection in old Norse,and life in modern Scandinavian.Short and sweet,but still pretty tough.It might be to familiar,though.
Ylva-[name_m]Said[/name_m] like eel-vuh,it means she-wolf,and is one of my favorite out of all the names.

I hope I gave a satisfactory list…good luck.

I don’t know much about Norse mythology, so if I accidentally suggest one, pardon me.

[name_f]Agata[/name_f]
[name_f]Anneli[/name_f]
[name_u]Dagny[/name_u]
[name_f]Kallan[/name_f]
[name_f]Karalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Solveig[/name_f]
Tyrelle
[name_f]Vigga[/name_f]

I hope this helped or inspired. Good luck and happy writing!

Thanks so much! I love [name_f]Anneli[/name_f], Tyrelle, and Ylva. I sadly can’t use Ylva because of What does the [name_m]Fox[/name_m] [name_m]Say[/name_m].

Who,Ylvis?I don´t think that´s a very big deal,especially because “What does the fox ” isnt a very big deal anymore.The variation Ulva exists,if you prefer,as well as Ulfva,which is Icelandic.[name_f]Hope[/name_f] I was useful.

Scottish:

[name_f]Fenella[/name_f]
[name_f]Morag[/name_f]
[name_f]Mairead[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eilidh[/name_f]
Doilidh
Donella

Scandinavian:

Maiken
Agnetha
[name_f]Novalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lykke[/name_f]
[name_f]Metta[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
Olette

Good luck!
I really love [name_f]Tove[/name_f] by the way :slight_smile:

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you want a common Scandinavian name or an old one? Personally I’ve only met old people named [name_f]Tove[/name_f] etc. Common names in for example Denmark are names like [name_f]Katrine[/name_f], [name_f]Signe[/name_f], [name_f]Tine[/name_f], Agnete, Alberte, Cille, Ea, [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Emilie[/name_f], [name_f]Ester[/name_f], [name_f]Freja[/name_f], [name_f]Helene[/name_f], [name_f]Jenny[/name_f], [name_f]Johanne[/name_f], [name_u]Julie[/name_u], [name_f]Kaja[/name_f], [name_f]Kathrine[/name_f], [name_f]Karla[/name_f]… that’s just a few