Name for an android with a Southern accent

My wife has asked me to name her new RPG character, and I’m looking for suggestions!

The character is an android in a mostly medieval fantasy setting (they come from ancient crashed spaceships and their exact origin is a bit of a mystery).

She will have named herself and has only gained consciousness in the last five to ten years. She is a gunslinger as she woke up with a rifle she had to figure out how to use and was looked after and taught by an Old spaceship scavenger/prospector. She picked up a strong southern/western stereotype accent from him.

She’s tall (6’1”), has straight, long dark hair, and wears a leather duster.

She’s very naive and very bad at reading people but at her core she’s just eager to help people and improve herself.

Fantasy names or names that aren’t real names welcome. [name_u]Axis[/name_u] is one name she has in mind.

I think [name_u]Axis[/name_u] is great. And even love [name_m]Axl[/name_m] for her as well!
Here are some more suggestions:

Phoenix (probably overly used for RPG names)
[name_u]Killian[/name_u] (I love this for a female)
Byzantine
[name_u]Revel[/name_u]
[name_f]Nia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sixtine[/name_f]
Heark/Hearken
[name_m]Ryne[/name_m]
[name_u]Kestrel[/name_u]
Amble
Tryst
[name_u]Roux[/name_u]
[name_m]Sig[/name_m]
[name_u]Harbor[/name_u]
[name_m]Croix[/name_m]
[name_m]Redmond[/name_m]
McCall
Riggins
Haize
Rook
[name_u]Lupin[/name_u]
[name_f]Styx[/name_f]

1 Like

Thank you @drfox - these are great! [name_u]Roux[/name_u], [name_m]Sig[/name_m], Haize, [name_u]Kestrel[/name_u] and Amble are the top contenders now. :smile:

1 Like

Axis is very cool! I also agree on [name_m]Axl[/name_m]/Axel.
what about:
Ruo
[name_u]Jaxx[/name_u]
[name_m]Dax[/name_m]
[name_f]Caprice[/name_f]
Lyllix
Astrin
Lyor
Katsya
[name_m]Harlin[/name_m]
[name_u]Ember[/name_u]
Kalio
[name_u]Quill[/name_u]

2 Likes

Ooh, Astrin has a nice space feel to it (like [name_f]Astra[/name_f]/Astro but more unique) and also loving Lyor. Thank you for these @copper_porcupine!

2 Likes

I agree with the [name_u]Axis[/name_u]\[name_m]Axl[/name_m] idea, as well as [name_m]Harlin[/name_m]. Some other ideas:

Sloan
[name_u]Sloane[/name_u]
[name_u]Harley[/name_u]
[name_u]Lexi[/name_u]
[name_u]Calypso[/name_u] \ “[name_f]Callie[/name_f]”
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
[name_u]Paz[/name_u]
[name_u]Nova[/name_u]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_u]Harlow[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]

1 Like

Thank you for the great suggestions @Ten_Million_Fireflie - especially intrigued by [name_u]Nova[/name_u] and [name_u]Calypso[/name_u]!

([name_u]Atlas[/name_u] is a contender for an actual child in the future - I don’t know if using it in an RPG would be a great way to test drive it or ruin it for us forever. :smile:)

1 Like