Name for baby #2

Our second child, a girl, will be born in [name_u]November[/name_u] and we have some trouble settling on a name. We already have a son whose name is [name_m]Alistair[/name_m]. My husband and I both love [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and they are at the top of our list right now. However, we don’t really know which one of them to pick or if we should go for a completely different name. The middle name would be [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], after my grandmother.

My husband also suggested [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], which I like, but it’s very popular where we live. We already know two [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]'s, both in my son’s class. I would be willing to consider it as an option, however. I think I would love it as much as [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] if it weren’t for its popularity. Our surname rhymes with ‘aaron’, just so you have a general idea of what the whole name would sound like :slight_smile:

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is gorgeous! If I were you, I’d go with that! You could also do [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] if you really wanted to put [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] in there. :slight_smile: but if I were you I would choose [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]!

I agree with @slothy216, [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is amazing! Sounds great with big brother [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] as well. [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] don’t come near the beauty of [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. Both sound like a mismatch with [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] as well, given that they’re both very popular unlike her big brother’s name. Other suggestions if you decide against [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]:

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]

Let me know what you think!

Seeing that [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] is my favorite girls’ name, I’m massively in love with [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] as an option! I’m not sure how I feel about [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], flow-wise, but I’m picky about [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] (et al) regardless! [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] and [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] is adorable, though!

However, I love [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], and [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] are perfection. [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] is gorgeous, as is [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], but agreed, very popular. I like [name_f]Sofia[/name_f], which is less popular still, but still sounds the same, and I think [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is equally gorgeous, but I’m not sure if that assuages your concerns at all. I’m of the opinion that if you’re using a family name, flow doesn’t matter quite so much, so I think I’m going the [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] route, but I do like [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] better as a combo than [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I prefer [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] and [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] as a pair, but I love [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is beautiful. It sounds wonderful with [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], too. I think [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] are just a hair too popular (especially [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]) to go with [name_m]Alistair[/name_m].

[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] is so cute :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] too but it doesn’t pair well with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] (double el). [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]?

I love [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

If I had an [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] (love that name!) I’d probably consider these:

[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] and [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] and [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] and [name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

Another vote for [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]!

A huge thanks to everyone who responded! My husband and I sat down and discussed our naming choices and I think we’re close to actually coming to a conclusion :slight_smile: I’ll make another thread with a poll, since there have been some minor changes to the top list of names for our girl!