Name for Baby Brother

We have two girls (Tallulah [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] Margaret). Both names are kind of 1920’s classic, while also being southern and namesakes of waterfalls we love. Middle names are always family names and this boy will almost certainly have the middle name [name_u]Joseph[/name_u]. I want his name to mesh with the other names, no “unique” spelling, nothing mashed up or made up.

So far my favorite names, in order of my preference:

[name_u]Wolf[/name_u]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u]
[name_u]Oberon[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Hurst[/name_m] (my husband’s contribution)

What do y’all think? Any suggestions? He’s due in a month and I’m not totally sure!

1 Like

I like [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] from your list :white_heart: I can see them even going together as [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] or [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] if you wanted to use both! They seem to fit nicely with your other names too! [name_u]Ever[/name_u] since seeing the movie [name_u]Wonder[/name_u], I’ve thought [name_m]Auggie[/name_m] is the cutest nickname :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_u]Joseph[/name_u] goes really well with your daughters’ names!

1 Like

I love [name_m]Auggie[/name_m] and [name_u]Gus[/name_u] for nicknames for [name_u]Augustine[/name_u]!

2 Likes

[name_u]Wolf[/name_u]!

1 Like

I think [name_m]Felix[/name_m] works best with your girls! Runners up would be [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] and [name_u]Oberon[/name_u].

[name_m]Hurst[/name_m] to me sounds like “hearse” (as in the funeral car). [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] is nice, but not a personal fan.

1 Like

Agreed.

I’m not the biggest fan of Felix, but the others are great. I love Augustine especially. It also has the most nickname options. Gus, Auggie, AJ…

Oh [name_u]Gus[/name_u] is definitely so cute!!

It’s the one I cannot get out of my head. It’s the one I find myself calling while he’s on the inside right now.

1 Like

It sounds like hearse to me too lol. I thought that’s what my husband said when he first mentioned it! He had a dream and that was the baby in it, and we’re big on dreams in my house, so I had to consider it at least. He’s not married to it though

1 Like

[name_u]Augustine[/name_u]

1 Like

I think [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] might fit the best.

Other ideas:

[name_m]Aaron[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
[name_u]Basil[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
Burtie
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_u]Carson[/name_u]
[name_u]Charles[/name_u]
[name_m]Clay[/name_m]
[name_u]Daniel[/name_u]
[name_u]David[/name_u]
[name_m]Dixon[/name_m]
[name_u]Douglas[/name_u]
[name_u]Edward[/name_u]
[name_u]Elmer[/name_u]
[name_m]Ernest[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m]
[name_u]Franklin[/name_u]
[name_u]Gary[/name_u]
[name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Gibson[/name_m]
[name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_m]Hilliard[/name_m]
[name_m]Ike[/name_m]
[name_f]Irva[/name_f]
[name_m]Irving[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_u]Lamar[/name_u]
[name_m]Larry[/name_m]
[name_u]Lee[/name_u]
[name_u]Leon[/name_u]
[name_m]Lovel[/name_m]
[name_m]Nate[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Nels[/name_m]
[name_u]Nelson[/name_u]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Paul[/name_m]
[name_m]Price[/name_m]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_u]Scott[/name_u]
[name_m]Stewart[/name_m]
[name_u]Sylvester[/name_u]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u]
[name_m]Warren[/name_m]
[name_u]Watson[/name_u]
[name_m]Wes[/name_m]
[name_u]Wesley[/name_u]
[name_u]William[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] & [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] are so darling!

Here are my thoughts on your list:

Wolf-While it’s not my personal favorite, I think that it’s unique & fits in really well with your daughters’ names. It’s not too weird or anything; I just don’t personally think that I like the sound of it. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though I do like the animal imagery.

Augustine-I do prefer the simple classic [name_u]August[/name_u], but [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] is really distinguished and interesting. I love the nns [name_u]Augie[/name_u] & [name_u]Gus[/name_u] too.

Oberon-I don’t know. I don’t care for the sound or look of this.

Felix-While this isn’t my favorite (is it too trendy? Maybe just on this website), it’s still kind of fun and quirky & fits in lovely with [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] & [name_u]Ruby[/name_u].

Hurst-I don’t know. This seems too last name-y and kind of not a pretty sound.

A few more ideas that you may like:

[name_u]Arrow[/name_u]

[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]

[name_u]Basil[/name_u]

[name_m]Bastian[/name_m]

[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]

[name_m]Caius[/name_m]

[name_m]Cassius[/name_m]

[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]

[name_m]Eben[/name_m]

[name_m]Frederic[/name_m]

[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]

[name_m]Otis[/name_m]

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]

[name_m]Simon[/name_m]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_u]Oberon[/name_u] is so interesting and really fits well with big sisters!

[name_u]Wolf[/name_u] feels really modern to me.

1 Like

[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] or [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]!

1 Like

With [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] are wonderful!!

A few ideas:

[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_u]Brody[/name_u]
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]
[name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_u]William[/name_u]
[name_u]Corbin[/name_u]
Kingsley/Kingston
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_u]Arthur[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_u]Joseph[/name_u]
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]
[name_m]Alban[/name_m] / [name_m]Albin[/name_m]
[name_m]Albert[/name_m]
[name_m]Alvin[/name_m]

1 Like

I love [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] with your girls’ names!

I could see [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_u]Augustine[/name_u], or [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] with sisters [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] strike me as hitting that [name_u]Jazz[/name_u] Age note, and [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] has a vivid visual presence to me, as do [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] and Ruby—it makes the sibset feel more Southwest to me.

I also thought of Hurston for a first or middle, as in [name_f]Zora[/name_f] [name_u]Neale[/name_u] Hurston. She was such an incredible writer of that [name_u]Jazz[/name_u] Age era and adding a syllable to [name_m]Hurst[/name_m] would make it sound less funereal.

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] are lovely!! [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] are darling. :heartpulse: