Name for baby girl #2

hello!

looking for beautiful somewhat classic name for baby girl #2. Bonus if it has an “l”, “i” or “s” in the middle of the name! Also I think names beginning with a vowel coordinate well.

no H names please

also, my SIL claimed a girl middle name two years ago and is due one month after me, but i am unsure if it is a girl. Her middle name choice was/might still be Eloise. if so, it would be her first girl. am i a horrible person to take this name since i’m due before her?? advice please.

our first daughter is
Isla Patrice (after my maternal gma Patricia) .

considering:

Olive Eloise (after my paternal grandma Lois)

-hubby doesn’t love Olive though :frowning:

Elise Anne

please share ideas!

I like [name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u]! Maybe you could ask your SIL if she’s still planning to use [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], so that you know for sure?

With [name_f]Isla[/name_f], how about…
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f]? That way round. And [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f] with the A.
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f] sound very pretty together.

i love this suggestion and never thought of it! my husband’s coworker has an [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f], so we have shied away from that version due to that. but i do love that name!!

1 Like

I’d speak to your SIL about [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], especially since she’s already mentioned it

Elise [name_u]Anne[/name_u] is sweet

Isla [name_u]Patrice[/name_u] and…

Lola [name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f] [name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]

1 Like

That way you get the name olive as a middle name. And [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f] too. [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f] is really pretty. Good luck. :full_moon_with_face:

I like [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f] together its a shame your husband isn’t a fan.

I would talk with your SIL more about it. You could use [name_u]Louise[/name_u], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] or [name_f]Elle[/name_f]/Ella instead?

Elise is nice but not my favourite with [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

Ruby
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Junia[/name_f] / [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Bree[/name_f]
[name_f]Amy[/name_f]

1 Like

There are so many beautiful names in this world and if you know she’s loved [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] for years and has plans to use it, it would probably hurt her feelings if you did. You could always talk to her about it, but honestly I just wouldn’t even go there and would pick a different name.
[name_u]Louise[/name_u] feels closer to [name_f]Lois[/name_f] than [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] imo, despite -lois- being inside [name_f]Eloise[/name_f].

I would scrap [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] given your partner doesn’t like [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and you know your SIL intends to use [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. [name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] is very pretty and [name_f]Elise[/name_f] bears some similarity to [name_f]Lois[/name_f].

Considering your daughter [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and your like of [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Elise[/name_f], maybe:
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]/ [name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_u]Louise[/name_u] (I mentioned it as a middle but this would be a great first name option here too)
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Clio[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Anise[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]

2 Likes

perhaps [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] would be a good compromise to eliminate the [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] name issue. i’ll have to work on the hubby :wink:

Carys
[name_f]Alannis[/name_f]
[name_f]Ailis[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u]
[name_f]Avis[/name_f]
[name_u]Damaris[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]Genesis[/name_u]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_u]Tannis[/name_u]
[name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]/Lucy
[name_f]Dulcie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tillie[/name_f]
[name_f]Millie[/name_f]
[name_f]Mara[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]

Some of these may not be directly what your looking for, but I thought I would throw them out there for you to consider!

I think [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] or any variation of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] could be a subtle compromise to still honour [name_f]Lois[/name_f]. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] are kinda darling

I also really like
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Avis[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f]

i came up with another middle name:

merilou. it means “drop of the sea” (our first daughter is [name_f]Isla[/name_f], after our love of water). the name is a combo of marilyn & lois, me and my husband’s grandmas!
just not sure that it compliments olive very well, but love that it could easily make her nickname “livy lou”.

does the combo sound odd or off to others??

4 Likes

I think [name_f]Olive[/name_f] Merilou is darling!
I’m guessing you you were able to get your partner on board with [name_f]Olive[/name_f]? Congratulations.

the question is: marilou or merilou? i like the second :wink:

1 Like

It works nicely either way, though I think I slightly prefer how Merilou looks next to [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Marilou[/name_f] is just as good though and is maybe a little more obvious in the connection to [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f], but i also don’t think that an honor name has to make sense to anybody but the people doing the honoring.

I think [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] go really well together.

Oh I love [name_f]Marilou[/name_f] :heartpulse:
And I love even more that it honors 2 people. It’s perfection!
I like the spelling with an A more

Definitely don’t be that person who just uses it without having a conversation first. If she’s already confided that name to you, you need to at least tell her you plan to use it.

I prefer [name_f]Olive[/name_f] to [name_f]Elise[/name_f] especially with [name_f]Isla[/name_f], but if your husband doesn’t like it you should probably keep looking and find a first name to go with the middle name [name_f]Lois[/name_f].

Examples…

Etta [name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Edie[/name_f] [name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Una[/name_f] [name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Lois[/name_f]

I was pregnant at the same time as my sister in law and we both wanted to use the same boy name. We agreed that no one could “claim” the name and whoever got there first could use the name. I was pretty bummed because she was due before me, but it turned out not to be an issue…we both had girls!

So I think you can use [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] but I definitely think you should give her a heads up first if you plan to do it.

1 Like

we had a talk at our family christmas party and i learned she is having a girl to! they haven’t officially chosen a name but still have [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] as an option. She tried to steer me towards using [name_f]Lois[/name_f] rather than [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] after i told her I like it because it would be after my grandma for our baby…but since they don’t have a name picked for sure I just don’t know what to do! :see_no_evil:

I left it as “we don’t have a name” since we are still deciding. but she wasn’t completely sold on what name they were using for a first, so makes me wonder if they have other middle names in mind. i must speak with her again i think.