Name for Baby Girl

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all,

We are expecting a little girl and need help deciding on a name.

[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Dixie[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] ([name_u]Charlie[/name_u])

1 Like

I think all of those names are lovely. Personally, I’d cross of [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] as being too unique (even though it is super sweet) and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] for being too common, so I’d be left with [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. I love all three of these names, so which one I’d pick changes day to day. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have a middle name or last name picked?? That might help!

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] are my favorites off your list. I’d avoid using [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] if you live in the US.

Great names!
I would advise to avoid [name_f]Dixie[/name_f], since it’s the name of movable toilets here :grimacing:
the dixi

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] is definitely my favorite! It’s such a sweet name, and it works well on an adult! [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] are also lovely!

I like [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] the most.

The only one I don’t like is [name_f]Dixie[/name_f], which wouldn’t be usable where I live (teasing potential in the first syllable).

1 Like

We were thinking [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], and [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u]. Our 2 boys are [name_m]Matt[/name_m] and [name_u]Jay[/name_u]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] all of them!! Especially [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f], and it works well with your sons’ excellent names!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_m]How[/name_m] are my thoughts on your list:

[name_f]Stella[/name_f]-I love this! It’s on my top ten. I also like [name_f]Estella[/name_f], which is more unique. It’s a bit more dramatic though. [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is spunky & sassy, but still sophisticated & classic.

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]-I like this a lot too. It’s a bit less common than [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. It’s not as pretty in my opinion, but it’s sweet, spunky & a little sporty. Especially w/the nn [name_f]Tess[/name_f]. That’s adorable.

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]-This is a nice name. It’s cute & old fashioned, but it’s quite over done. Especially if you count all of the Sophias that occasionally go by [name_f]Sophie[/name_f].

[name_f]Dixie[/name_f]-I’m not super into this one. It’s sort of cute, but I kind of think that it should be a name for a bird or something…not sure why!

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] ([name_u]Charlie[/name_u])-I like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] enough. It’s strong, feminine & classic. It’s sooo popular though. I think more-so than [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. And I don’t like [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] for a girl. It seems like a weird nn for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] too, because the ‘Ch’ sound is different, you know? I think that [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] is a cute nn though, & more unique.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I love all of your choices, but my favourites are [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Dixie[/name_f]! :heart:

They’re all nice but my favorite is definitely [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] but feel because of the cuteness factor, it’s best in the middle. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Dixie[/name_f], for instance, would be lovely.

I like [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] & [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], & [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] are both rather popular, so [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] might be the more unexpected choice. [name_f]Stella[/name_f] & [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] don’t match well with [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] and [name_u]James[/name_u], imho. In fact, [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] might seem a little nickname-y with them.

So my vote is either [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (if you don’t mind the popularity, it’s a gorgeous choice and perfect with your sons’ names) or [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] (spunky and unexpected, but classic enough to fit in well with your boys).

Congratulations :slight_smile:
Here’s my ranking (1=favorite!)

1. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] ([name_u]Charlie[/name_u]): I love this name. The nickname [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] is so sweet.
  2. [name_f]Stella[/name_f]: [name_u]Unique[/name_u], magical sounding! All for it.
  3. [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]: I’ve been thinking about [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] a lot recently, and the more I hear it the more I enjoy it! Quiet and artistic, with a beautiful flow.
  4. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]: Personally, I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. Mix of negative associations and the immense popularity- however that shouldn’t really matter!
  5. [name_f]Dixie[/name_f]: Honestly, I think it’s cute. But I agree with others that there are some unsavory connotations. For me the most prevalent one is the confederate flag/antebellum south association in the united states.

[name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] are my favorite names. I would probably go with [name_f]Stella[/name_f] or [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is adorable too! All these options sound lovely next to your boys’ names.

In order of favorite to least favorite:
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] ([name_u]Charlie[/name_u])- I am obsessed with this name. I absolutely love it.
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]- This name is also super nice- it goes really well with [name_m]Matt[/name_m] and [name_u]Jay[/name_u].
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]- The only problem with this name is that people will probably constantly forget if her name is [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] or [name_f]Sophia[/name_f].
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]- This name has negative connotations for me- I know someone named [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] that I strongly dislike. Which is sad, because it’s a super cute and spunky name, especially nn [name_f]Tess[/name_f].
[name_f]Dixie[/name_f]- This would probably be a better middle name or pet name.

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] is beautiful. I love [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] too but can’t stand [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] as a nn. [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] is much prettier imo.

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is a cute combo. [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] is sweet too.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the top three, especially [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f]!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites in order:

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]- [name_m]Just[/name_m] love the sound, simple to say and spell and would be good for any age I think. [name_u]Love[/name_u] this one!

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]- Cute but also sophisticated sounding to me, [name_u]Love[/name_u] this nameee!

[name_f]Dixie[/name_f]- I actually really like the sound of [name_f]Dixie[/name_f], but I feel like it has more side eye/ teasing potential. Its the name of a fried chicken take out restaurant not far from where I live, which it makes me thing of but aside from things like that I actually really love this name!

[name_f]Stella[/name_f]- Nice name too, it makes me think of stars and constellations, but also HIMYM and [name_m]Rocky[/name_m], haha. But I think it is popular enough to go beyond those associations for sure.

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]- Very pretty name, I just hear of it so often that I’m a little bored by it? Or bored of [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] on a girl, I guess. But nothing wrong with the name at all, just my personal thoughts!!

Overall, I really enjoy all the names! I think I would do a deeper google of [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] and see what comes up but you are for sure on a good track!! good luck!