Name for Imogen's Irish Twin

Hello Berries!

I need your help again. I didn’t think I would be asking for it again so soon, but here I am.
My daughter, [name]Imogen[/name], just turned 3 months old and we are currently expecting baby #2 (our oopsie baby!) in mid-[name]March[/name].

Its a little early but I want to get a head start, pick a name, and keep it a secret so we don’t have an incident like we did last time. :slight_smile:

I posted a topic asking what you all would name [name]Imogen[/name]'s sibling awhile back before we knew and got some really good suggestions that we have added to possibilities for names for this baby.

[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] (though our last name is [name]Bentley[/name]…)
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name]

[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]

There are also some girl names that we were suggested when I posted our “[name]Houston[/name], we have a Problem” post.

[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name] (too matchy?)
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]

We will definitely be using [name]Daniel[/name] as the mn for a boy and [name]Mae[/name] for a girl. [name]Dan[/name]'s grandmother passed away shortly after [name]Gen[/name]'s birth and [name]Mae[/name] was her middle name.

Thoughts on these names or new suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!

I love [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Mae[/name] with [name]Imogen[/name]! I may be biased because its #1 on our list for our first daughter, but I think they work wonderfully together.

For a boy I would use [name]Phineas[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name]. I wouldn’t use [name]Sullivan[/name] because its too rhymey with [name]Imogen[/name] and seems out of place (read: trendy)

Congrats of [name]Imogen[/name] and her soon to be sibling :slight_smile:

Congratulations, [name]Bryony[/name]!

I love your current lists. For a girl, what about [name]Ursula[/name]? I’ve really grown to love it after reading “[name]Ursula[/name], Under”, and I could see a little “[name]Sula[/name]” as a sister to “[name]Gen[/name]” :slight_smile:

Of your faves, I like [name]Freya[/name] best with [name]Imogen[/name], but I’m not sure about [name]Freya[/name] [name]Mae[/name] (too much “AY”?). Perhaps another middle name to break it up a bit - [name]Freya[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Mae[/name], or [name]Freya[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Mae[/name].

For the boys, I love [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Simon[/name] with [name]Imogen[/name]. I know a lovely [name]Simon[/name], nn “[name]Si[/name]” (Sigh). Other thoughts: [name]Sebastien[/name], Allistair, [name]Gavin[/name] (similar sounds to [name]Sullivan[/name])

Best wishes for your pregnancy, and good luck in the naming process!

[name]Rebecca[/name]

You’re right about [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Mae[/name], it is adorable. What cute nns are there for [name]Penelope[/name]? I’m not a big fan of [name]Penny[/name] and DH likes [name]Pen[/name] but [name]Imogen[/name]'s nn is [name]Gen[/name]. We tried [name]Immy[/name] out for awhile but you say it long enough it starts to sound like “in me”…not cool.

I’m afraid [name]Ursula[/name] will live on forever in my mind as the villian from The [name]Little[/name] Mermaid. :frowning:
[name]Freya[/name] [name]Mae[/name] is a little much…we may make an exception for [name]Freya[/name]. We got a suggestion last time of [name]Freya[/name] [name]Luna[/name]…WDYT?

[name]Simon[/name] is out for having the same ending as [name]Imogen[/name]. We need a name that doesn’t end in N, I think.

[name]Oscar[/name] is high up on our list already, but we suddenly find ourselves drawn to [name]Alistair[/name]. We can’t decide if we like [name]Alistair[/name] or [name]Alasdair[/name] better. ALso, are there any good nns?

My favorite nn for [name]Penelope[/name] is [name]Nell[/name], but [name]Poppy[/name] is cute too. I love [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Mae[/name] to go with [name]Imogen[/name]. They work really well together.

Right, I forgot about [name]Nell[/name]…how silly. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Lola[/name] could be a cute nn for [name]Penelope[/name]. Also [name]Poppy[/name]

Congrats, bryony! what a surprise!

I love [name]Penelope[/name] with [name]Imogen[/name], although I prefer [name]Poppy[/name] to [name]Nell[/name] - I also like [name]Pippa[/name] (actually [name]Philippa[/name] might be an option too?)

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
I have a fondness for [name]Freya[/name] too - you would have to forego the [name]Mae[/name], but [name]Freya[/name] [name]Luna[/name] is pretty.

For boys, I love [name]Simon[/name] but I see it’s out due to the -n ending. I just can’t get past [name]Oscar[/name] the Grouch and there aren’t any good nn for [name]Oscar[/name] that I can think of. I liked the suggestion of [name]Alistair[/name] (I’d spell it this way), but again no really good nn’s. From your list, I think I’d vote for [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Daniel[/name].

We are still mulling over boys names but I think we have our girl names narrowed down.

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Mae[/name]

WDYT?

Having a hard time with the boys names. [name]Dan[/name] is currently obsessing (and I do mean, obsessing) over the name [name]Carlisle[/name]. He likes the name [name]Charles[/name] but we can’t use it, so he swears this is the next best thing. I honestly have to admit that I’m liking it too. Any thoughts?

Also, I’m the baby of my family and the only girl. I really would like to honor my brothers in some way so I’m posting their names in hope that somebody has an opinion about ones we could use. THanks!
[name]Gabriel[/name] [name]John[/name], [name]William[/name] [name]Raoul[/name], [name]Charles[/name] [name]Edward[/name], [name]Gregor[/name] [name]Lewis[/name], [name]Hugh[/name] [name]Fergus[/name]

Hmm, here are some suggestions on names that come to my mind when i read them. I dont know if its your style or not, but here goes.

[name]Gabriel[/name]: [name]Gabriella[/name], [name]Brielle[/name],
[name]John[/name]: [name]Jane[/name]
[name]William[/name]: [name]Willow[/name], [name]Willa[/name],
[name]Raoul[/name]: dont know
[name]Charles[/name]: nn [name]Charlie[/name], i think is cute, but dont know a full name though.
[name]Edward[/name]: [name]Bella[/name], no just kidding. No clue actually.
[name]Gregor[/name]: [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]: Like it just fine for a girl, but its unisex/boy and not superfeminine like [name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]: /
[name]Fergus[/name]: [name]Fergie[/name]

I like [name]Carlisle[/name] alot. I think its a beautiful and handsome name. I hope i was good for something :slight_smile:

Would any of my brother’s names would for a mn to [name]Carlisle[/name]? [name]Carlisle[/name] [name]Daniel[/name] sounds kind of funny…

Obviously, [name]Carlisle[/name] [name]Edward[/name] is out because it is clearly too Twilight related.

Call me crazy, but i think [name]Carlisle[/name] could honor [name]Charles[/name]. It has the [name]CARL[/name] ([name]CHARLes[/name], [name]CARLisle[/name]) in it.

I think a shorter name would be best; [name]Carlisle[/name] [name]Lewis[/name] or [name]Carlisle[/name] [name]Hugh[/name].

Maybe the same initials?
[name]Carlisle[/name] E.

[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name] (also too twilighty?)
[name]Egan[/name]
[name]Emerson[/name]
[name]Edgar[/name]
[name]Eddy[/name]

OOOOhhhh, I like [name]Carlisle[/name] [name]Hugh[/name] [name]Bentley[/name]. Hmmmm. Lemme talk to [name]Dan[/name] about it. :slight_smile:

Let us know what he thinks about it!