Name for Lennon's brother

We are expecting a baby boy in [name_u]December[/name_u] and can’t come up with a name that feels just right. We want a surname name that isn’t too popular but not too weird either. Big brother’s name is [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] [name_m]Augusten[/name_m].

Names that we like, but…
[name_m]Hendrix[/name_m], but it doesn’t sound great with our last name E–is.
[name_u]Beck[/name_u], but there aren’t any good nicknames for it. Maybe [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] instead.
[name_m]Bowie[/name_m], but a friend just named his son [name_m]Bowie[/name_m].
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u], but is it getting too girly.
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u], but back when we were naming [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] this name came up and [name_f]MIL[/name_f] hated it (she thinks it’s a dog’s name).

Help and opinions are very much welcome. :slight_smile:

I really like [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] and [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]! Some other ideas:

[name_u]Lennon[/name_u] & [name_m]Asher[/name_m]
[name_u]Lennon[/name_u] & [name_m]Daxton[/name_m]
[name_u]Lennon[/name_u] & [name_m]Ford[/name_m]
[name_u]Lennon[/name_u] & [name_u]Gray[/name_u]
[name_u]Lennon[/name_u] & [name_m]Jonas[/name_m]
[name_u]Lennon[/name_u] & [name_m]Maddox[/name_m]
[name_u]Lennon[/name_u] & [name_m]Vance[/name_m]
[name_u]Lennon[/name_u] & [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]
[name_u]Lennon[/name_u] & [name_m]Zander[/name_m]

I dont think [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] sounds feminine at all! Also, are you sure you want to let your [name_f]MIL[/name_f] keep you from using a name you really like?
[name_m]Hendrik[/name_m] or [name_m]Henrik[/name_m]?
I really like [name_u]Beck[/name_u]! [name_m]Beckham[/name_m] maybe?
[name_m]Rocco[/name_m]
[name_m]Clyde[/name_m]
[name_m]Lars[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Pascal[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m], [name_u]Jameson[/name_u], [name_m]Jackson[/name_m], [name_m]Eddison[/name_m] etc
[name_m]Aksel[/name_m]/[name_m]Axel[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Calix[/name_m]

[name_u]Lennon[/name_u] and [name_u]Denver[/name_u]
[name_u]Lennon[/name_u] and [name_m]Ramsey[/name_m]
[name_u]Lennon[/name_u] and [name_u]Sterling[/name_u]

Your style seems, to me, to be not just surnames but rock-n-roll surnames. I’d suggest [name_m]Crosby[/name_m] and [name_m]Gibson[/name_m], which I’ve seen in a couple of forum posts recently and really liked. I do think [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] is trending towards the girls, which is odd to me because of the ‘son’ ending, but whatever. [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is a good name, but I’d steer away from it or your boys will be thought of as being named after the Beatles.

I might also suggest Hutchence, [name_m]Rollins[/name_m], [name_u]Henley[/name_u], and [name_m]Cohen[/name_m].

I love the suggestions of [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] & [name_m]Ford[/name_m]/[name_u]Lennon[/name_u] & [name_m]Crosby[/name_m]! Of your list, [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] & [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] would be my favorite.

are you sure you want to let your MIL keep you from using a name you really like?

No, but I do want to consider other options before deciding on a name that someone so close to the baby hates. It would be different if that was the only name we loved, but right now it’s just one of many that we like.

I really like [name_m]Gibson[/name_m], [name_m]Crosby[/name_m] and [name_m]Ramsay[/name_m]!

Aw, it’s actually [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_u]Lennon[/name_u]'s birthday today, how funny. [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] [name_m]Augusten[/name_m] is very handsome, and I’m loving your rockstar theme. What about [name_u]Dylan[/name_u], [name_u]Presley[/name_u], [name_u]Jagger[/name_u] or [name_m]Morrison[/name_m]? Some less obvious rockstar surnames like [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], [name_m]Wyman[/name_m], [name_m]Donovan[/name_m], Clapton, [name_m]Morrissey[/name_m], [name_m]Davies[/name_m], Marriott, [name_m]Gilmour[/name_m] or Townsend could work as well.

I think either [name_m]Crosby[/name_m] or [name_m]Beckett[/name_m].

[name_u]Lennon[/name_u] and [name_u]Beck[/name_u]

I love [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] and [name_m]Crosby[/name_m] as well as [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] and [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]! Other suggestions could be [name_m]Gallagher[/name_m], [name_m]Nash[/name_m], [name_m]Joel[/name_m], or [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]. [name_m]Rocky[/name_m] and [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] would also be cute, both are Beatles names but not as obvious.

I like [name_m]Nash[/name_m], but we like nicknames so something longer and [name_m]Nash[/name_m] as a nickname might work better.
[name_m]Gallagher[/name_m] is really interesting as well. The more I think about it, the more I like it!

I love [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]! I think it sounds great with [name_u]Lennon[/name_u].

I do think [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] sounds girly. Sorry. I like the suggestions of [name_u]Jagger[/name_u] and [name_m]Morrissey[/name_m] too.

Our top picks at the moment:

[name_u]Beck[/name_u]/[name_m]Becket[/name_m]
[name_m]Crosby[/name_m]
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_m]Gibson[/name_m]

I love [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u], personally, but I understand your [name_f]MIL[/name_f]'s concerns.

Other ideas:

[name_m]Merrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Nash[/name_m]
[name_m]Huxley[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Huck[/name_m]?)
[name_u]Keegan[/name_u]
[name_u]Toby[/name_u]
[name_m]Eamon[/name_m] (“AY-mon”)
[name_u]Perry[/name_u]
[name_m]Pearson[/name_m]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_m]Wilson[/name_m]
[name_m]Prescott[/name_m]
[name_m]Madden[/name_m]

I would recommend [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]!
[name_u]Lennon[/name_u] and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]