Name for new baby

I have recently found out I am pregnant with my 6th child. I have a 3 daughters and 2 sons.

DD1: [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] ([name_f]Mimi[/name_f]) - (7)
DS1: [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_u]Jay[/name_u] - (6)
DS/DD/DD: [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]/ [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] ([name_f]Eva[/name_f])/ [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_u]Teagan[/name_u] ([name_f]Lucy[/name_f]) - (2)

We don’t know the gender yet (or if its twins) but we have a some ideas and would love your input! Which names stand out for you? (LN - McArthur)

Girl:

Maddison
[name_u]Marion[/name_u]
[name_f]Maribel[/name_f]
[name_f]Monica[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Arielle[/name_f]
[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]

Boy:

Archie
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]
[name_m]Marshall[/name_m]
[name_u]Maddox[/name_u]
[name_m]Fabian[/name_m]
[name_u]Sam[/name_u]
[name_u]Jonah[/name_u]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_u]Jackson[/name_u]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts on your lists-

Girls-

[name_f]Maddison[/name_f]-This doesn’t do much for me. It’s just kind of trendy & over done the past 20 years. Your daughters all have interesting feminine names, so I just don’t think that this fits.

[name_u]Marion[/name_u]-Ooh, this is fun. It’s unique, smart & kind. I really prefer [name_u]Marian[/name_u], because I think that [name_u]Marion[/name_u] is more of a male spelling. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though this name is rather feminine in my opinion.

[name_f]Maribel[/name_f]-So pretty! It’s not over done, yet simple & grows up well.

[name_f]Monica[/name_f]-This is one that I don’t see on lists very often. It’s not my personal favorite, but it’s not bad. Kind of refreshing.

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]-Very sweet & simple. Super popular, but a lovely classic name. Maybe a little bit too simple w/your girls’ more fancy names, but not a deal breaker.

[name_f]Arielle[/name_f]-This is really pretty & goes well w/your crew. I think either way you spell it [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] or [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] it may have spelling or pronunciation issues. [name_m]Just[/name_m] something to consider.

[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u]-I don’t care much for this one . It’s just kind of trendy & not very interesting.

[name_f]Belle[/name_f]-Ooh, that’s nice. I personally kind of like it for a nn. Especially since your other girls have nns. [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] would be cool. Or [name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f]? [name_f]Maribelle[/name_f] may work.

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]-This is sweet. Very popular, but a lovely name that fits in pretty well.

[name_u]Avery[/name_u]-Meh, I don’t care for this one. I know that it’s used for girls (soooo popular for girls), but it just seems like a boy name to me.

Boys-

[name_m]Archie[/name_m]-Cute! Charming & a little quirky. I like it for you. I also like [name_m]Archer[/name_m] nn [name_m]Archie[/name_m].

[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]-This is fine. It’s an ex boyfriend’s name, so I’m biased in not liking it. But it’ s a good classic name that works w/your crew.

[name_m]Marshall[/name_m]-This is certainly different. I don’t personally care for it, because I just picture a marsh, you know? But I wouldn’t be disappointed to meet a little [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] since you don’t hear it much these days.

[name_u]Maddox[/name_u]-I want to like this one, because names w/the letter ‘x’ are generally really cool. I think that I just don’t like the ‘mad’ part.

[name_m]Fabian[/name_m]-That’s interesting. I don’t care much for it, but it’s different & kind of cool.

[name_u]Sam[/name_u]-I love [name_u]Sam[/name_u]. I love. [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] nn [name_u]Sam[/name_u], but I don’t mind just [name_u]Sam[/name_u] really. It fits in well w/your crew. It’s just sweet, handsome, classic & friendly. Not much not to like.

[name_u]Jonah[/name_u]-This is a beautiful boy name. Very masculine, but just beautiful. That’s totally my style of boy names. It’s a bit common if that bothers you, but a great name.

[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]-This is cute. And I love the cool nn of [name_m]Dex[/name_m]. It’s simple & not terribly common. Fits in well w/your crew as well.

[name_u]Jackson[/name_u]-I don’t hate this name. It’s kind of cool & cowboy-y. But it’s just so darn trendy & over done recently.

[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]-This is a cool cowboy name too. A little less popular. I quite like it.

Not sure if my rambling helped at all. [name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorites in general & w/your kids’ names (which are quite fun, by the way!) are [name_f]Maribel[/name_f] & [name_u]Dexter[/name_u].

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much. I love these suggestions, such pretty names!

Wow! This was so helpful thank you for your opinions :slight_smile:

In my opinion [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] and [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] seem to match best with your other children and have some good nickname options for you too.

1 Like

Any suggestions would be really appreciated! Thank you so much

For other suggestions how about:
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]/Beatrix
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]

Bartholomew
[name_m]Davis[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacob[/name_m]
[name_u]Paxton[/name_u]
[name_m]Marcus[/name_m]

1 Like

Maribel and [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] really stick out to me, so that’s what I’d go for. [name_m]Fabian[/name_m] does too, but I always advise against repeating initials as it can get confusing in the future. (By confusing I mean things like mail addressed to Mr F McArthur when there are 2 of them)

1 Like

I feel like the following names from your list seem dated and don’t match your other kids’ names: [name_f]Maddison[/name_f], [name_f]Monica[/name_f], [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u], [name_u]Avery[/name_u], [name_u]Jackson[/name_u], [name_u]Sam[/name_u].

I would also eliminate [name_m]Fabian[/name_m], [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] and [name_m]Joshua[/name_m], since you already have an F and J name.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps narrow it down! You have so many lovely options!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Maribel[/name_f] and [name_m]Archie[/name_m] would be lovely.

1 Like

[name_u]Marion[/name_u] and [name_m]Archie[/name_m] stand out to me! I have a soft spot for [name_u]Marion[/name_u] over [name_u]Marian[/name_u] as its a family name and reminds me of [name_u]Marion[/name_u] Cotillard. Also, I think the O gives it a bit of spunkiness that [name_u]Marian[/name_u] lacks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats firstly, I’m about to welcome baby number 6 too!!
Your names you had are fab btw. Out of your list I like [name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] ( I’m thinking of using [name_f]Belle[/name_f] myself) and [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] [name_m]Marshall[/name_m]. :blush:

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Maribel[/name_f] for your 6th baby, if it’s a girl. Unexpected, but traditional and elegant. [name_u]Marion[/name_u], [name_f]Belle[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] would sound beautiful with your kids names too.
For a boy, I really like [name_m]Archie[/name_m], [name_m]Joshua[/name_m], [name_m]Marshall[/name_m], [name_u]Sam[/name_u], [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] and [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]. Your list for a baby boy is amazing!

1 Like

Sophie, [name_f]Belle[/name_f], and [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] are my favorites for girls on your list. [name_m]Archie[/name_m] and [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] go well with your other kids

1 Like

Thank you, and congratulations - hope you are doing well!

Thank you! I love [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] but DH isn’t a fan unfortunately

1 Like

Great suggestions put forth already! [name_f]May[/name_f] I suggest a few:

Maristelle (Stellie)
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] ([name_f]Nell[/name_f])
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] ([name_f]Belle[/name_f] or [name_f]Bella[/name_f])
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] ([name_f]Willa[/name_f])

Harrison
[name_m]Brooks[/name_m]
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is lovely!
I also love [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] but its one of my uncles names so I am hesitant to use it.

Madison and Wyatt stand out to me!

[name_u]Maddox[/name_u] and [name_u]Avery[/name_u]