Name for No.4

Hello!

I’m expecting number 4! I would appreciate some thoughts on our lists and some middle name suggestions for the names. Surname is [name]Hedley[/name], Siblings: [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Laurence[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] Minuette. He/she will always be called by his/her full first name as DH doesn’t like nicknames…

Girl:
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Jemima[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Morgana[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Nadia[/name]

Boy:
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]James[/name]

Other suggestions are always welcome.

Thankyou! [name]Minnie[/name] x

Congrats! I would stick with another 2 syllable name. That way it is less likely for people to try and shorten it. [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name] are my favorites with your other kids names. [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Leland[/name] also come to mind.

[name]Flora[/name], [name]Arthur[/name], and [name]Elliot[/name] are my absolute favorites.

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Minnie[/name], you have great taste in naming your children, [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Laurence[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] Minuette. Here are my honest opinions on your name list with my faves in bold. Best wishes!
Girl:
[name]Julia[/name]- OK but very popular. [name]Julia[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] is a mouthful. It may be the two l’s
[name]Lydia[/name] - OK but shares a first initial with [name]Laurence[/name]. If that doesn’t bother you then this name would be ok.
[name]Iris[/name] - This has the same feel to me as [name]Rowan[/name] so it could be his sister sibling. [name]Laurence[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] are already the classic pair so these two could be the “nature” pair as one is a tree and the other a flower. I also think that [name]Iris[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] looks well balanced. This is my fave from your list.
[name]Jemima[/name] - Nice
[name]Flora[/name] - See [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Morgana[/name] - Not my cup of tea
[name]Emma[/name] - A timeless classic name but very popular along with [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Nadia[/name] - Mismatched with your other children’s names

Boy: You can’t go wrong with any of the names below. [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] are my top picks. Unfortunately I think [name]Elliot[/name] and [name]Samuel[/name] have too many syllables and l’s so they don’t flow as well with your surname.
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]James[/name]

Your children have beautiful names!

If #4 is a girl, I vote for [name]Flora[/name], [name]Iris[/name], or [name]Lydia[/name]. Like [name]Mischa[/name] said, I love how well [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Flora[/name] pair with [name]Rowan[/name], since [name]Laurence[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] share a similar feel. (But they’re all such lovely classics that they all go together.) But [name]Flora[/name] would be my very favorite. I think it’s so pretty and underused; it’s absolutely charming and perfect in your set.

It’s hard to choose between the boys, but I’d have to go with [name]Thomas[/name] or [name]James[/name]. Something about [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name], and [name]James[/name] just sounds right. I’ve never been a fan of [name]Joseph[/name], don’t care for the sound of [name]Peter[/name], and am not crazy about the full name [name]Samuel[/name]. I like [name]Arthur[/name] and [name]Elliot[/name] too, though. Sorry I can’t offer much more than just my personal preference for the boys.

Good luck to you!

I like [name]Morgana[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name].

My favorites with [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Laurence[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] Minuette:

[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]

[name]James[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]

[name]Do[/name] you have any middle names picked out?

Someone on another post is thinking of naming her daughter [name]Lydia[/name] with the surname [name]Hadley[/name]! I think [name]Lydia[/name] sounds great with both!! I also like [name]Morgan[/name] with those names.
good luck!

Haha pickles thats fab! Anyway… thankyou all for your comments and compliments on the rest of the rabble’s names! I am open to suggestions on middle names so fire away! Good point about [name]Julia[/name] being hard to say… consider that one gone! I think my fav girls name at the moment is [name]Emma[/name]. I know it’s super popular etc. but I still love it! Hubs fav is [name]Morgana[/name] - always has been… Does [name]Emma[/name] [name]Morgana[/name] sound really awful? Boys names I have no idea about - we both love the 5 remaining ones equally!

Here are the revised lists:
Girl:
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name])
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Iris[/name])
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Flora[/name])
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Emma[/name])
[name]Morgana[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Morgana[/name])
[name]Julia[/name] - mn only
[name]Jemima[/name] - mn only

Boy:
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Elliot[/name])
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Joseph[/name])
[name]Thomas[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name])
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Peter[/name])
[name]James[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]James[/name])
[name]Arthur[/name] - mn only
[name]Samuel[/name] - mn only

Would love to hear suggestions of your favourite fn and mn combinations - feel free to suggest any middle name you think sounds good! (doesn’t have to be on these lists)

Thankyou! [name]Minnie[/name] x

[name]Hi[/name]! Now that you have all the names narrowed down and written out, I love:

[name]Emma[/name] [name]Morgana[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Emma[/name]) or
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]

[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Elliot[/name]) or
[name]James[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]James[/name])

Girl:
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]
[name]Morgana[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]

Boy:
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]
[name]James[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]

For a girl, [name]Iris[/name] [name]Jemima[/name]. For a boy, [name]Peter[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]. I like the repetition of the R’s.

[name]Elliott[/name] and [name]Morgana[/name] are my favs by far.

I love [name]Iris[/name] from the girls list and I think [name]Iris[/name] [name]Morgana[/name] works well. For the boys, I think [name]Elliot[/name] [name]James[/name] or [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Arthur[/name].

Girl:
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name])
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Iris[/name])
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Flora[/name])

[name]Emma[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Emma[/name])
[name]Morgana[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Morgana[/name])
[name]Julia[/name] - mn only
[name]Jemima[/name] - mn only

Boy:
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Elliot[/name])
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Joseph[/name])
[name]Thomas[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name])
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Peter[/name])
[name]James[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]James[/name])
[name]Arthur[/name] - mn only
[name]Samuel[/name] - mn only

Bolded my favourites and here is why. I think its [name]Laurence[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] are similar enough to make the other two names ‘stick out’ slightly. Petty reason but! I think [name]Iris[/name] would stand no chance of being shortened and is so beautiful with your other children’s names. (Well done on your names for the last three by the way!) And I don’t think I know 1 [name]Flora[/name] where I love, yet its such a recognizable name so no chance of constant misspelling or teasing. And its sunny but not silly.
I love the idea of [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]. It sounds a very literary name also, for some reason ([name]George[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] maybe?)
Its also the most individual of your boys names.

Middle name wise, I think [name]Jemima[/name] is gorgeous but maybe too frilly with [name]Flora[/name]/[name]Iris[/name]. Flowers and [name]Jemima[/name] Puddleduck associations all in one name.
[name]Julia[/name] is lovely with both. Here are some other suggestions (I might be totally off on your taste but hopefully not):

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] this, personally)
[name]Morgana[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Elodie[/name]

Most of these work if you switch them about too, in fact! Haha
Good luck X

OK! Thankyou everyone. This is going a lot better than I thought it would… Thanks for all you help/ideas! Here’s the list as it stands now:

[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Laurence[/name] [name]Christopher[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] Minuette and:

Boy:
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]
[name]James[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]

Girl: (hub insists on using [name]Morgana[/name] somewhere in the name - I’m going to let him so unfortunately [name]Flora[/name]'s gone…)
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Morgana[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Morgana[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]

Other suggestions for ? [name]Morgana[/name] [name]Hedley[/name] or [name]Morgana[/name] ? [name]Hedley[/name] are welcome!

Thanks, [name]Minnie[/name] x

Girl:
[name]Julia[/name] - I adore this name. Classic, feminine, beautiful.
[name]Lydia[/name] - This is okay. I think I’m just tired of it.
[name]Iris[/name] - Ehh. I’m not so crazy about it. It sounds too sharp and harsh in my opinion.
[name]Jemima[/name] - [name]Love[/name]! But if you’re in the US, it doesn’t have the best associations.
[name]Flora[/name] - Ehh. Not crazy about it either. [name]Florence[/name] is better, but even then. This one sounds very bland and tries too hard to sound cute.
[name]Morgana[/name] - Not a fan. [name]Morgan[/name] is better, but dated… I wouldn’t use this.
[name]Emma[/name] - I love this name, but it’s so gosh darn popular that I wouldn’t use it. But it’s all your call.
[name]Nadia[/name] - Not crazy about this one either.

Suggestions:
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Esther[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Fern[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]

Boy:
[name]Arthur[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Samuel[/name] - Cute.
[name]Elliot[/name] - Like, but I think the [name]Elliott[/name] spelling is much nicer and manlier.
[name]Joseph[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Thomas[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Peter[/name] - This name is okay. I don’t know, just not so crazy about it.
[name]James[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!

Suggestions:
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Roger[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Zachary[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Paul[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Michael[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

[name]Hi[/name]! Here are my favorites:

[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Laurence[/name] [name]Christopher[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] Minuette and:
Boy:
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]

Girl:
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Morgana[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]

Or how about [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Morgana[/name]? [name]Charlotte[/name] fits in so nicely with [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Laurence[/name], and [name]Katherine[/name]!