Name help for Boy #3 😳

I’m expecting my 3rd boy and having the hardest time deciding on a name. I think part of the problem is that I love my first two boys’ names so much! It’s hard to compete with them this time. :grimacing:

My oldest is [name_u]Liam[/name_u] [name_m]Perez[/name_m] and the youngest (soon to be middle) is [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] [name_m]Luciano[/name_m].
Both of their first names are from my side of the family and represent my Scotch-Irish heritage. Their middles are from my husband’s side. He is Mexican-Guatemalan-American.

My hang up is- do we keep the previous formula since the first 2 already have that pattern or can/should we change it up?
Would our 3rd feel out of place with a Spanish first name? [name_f]My[/name_f] husband’s name is [name_m]Pablo[/name_m], so he wouldn’t be the only one. Would it mess up the flow of the sib-set?

Names on our list that we like are:

Èamon
[name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u]
[name_m]Lochlan[/name_m]
[name_f]Valen[/name_f]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u]
[name_u]Adler[/name_u]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m]
[name_u]Taran[/name_u]
[name_m]Emmerich[/name_m]

Spanish-

Emilio or [name_m]Emiliano[/name_m]
[name_m]Fernando[/name_m]
[name_m]Salvador[/name_m]
[name_u]Gael[/name_u]
NoĂ­l
LadxidĂł
Xadani
Ecaton
Toqual
[name_m]Mateo[/name_m]
[name_m]Javier[/name_m]

Thanks for any and all advice! :heart_eyes::grin:

1 Like

I think [name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_m]Fernando[/name_m] could fit in and follow your previous formula but you could also switch it up and something like [name_m]Mateo[/name_m] [name_u]Adler[/name_u] wouldn’t feel too out of place.

It could be something along the names of [name_u]Liam[/name_u], [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] & [name_m]Salvador[/name_m] if you went with a Spanish first name but you would have to use Scotch-Irish middle so that the name would have the same balance that your first two have.

1 Like

That’s a lot of names so I suggest narrowing your list down to the names you truly love most. I’d definitely recommend going with a Spanish name, though! From your list, I like [name_u]Gael[/name_u], [name_m]Mateo[/name_m], and [name_m]Emilio[/name_m] best. [name_u]Gael[/name_u] will probably be said like [name_u]Gale[/name_u] by others; up to you if that’s a deal breaker. [name_m]Emilio[/name_m] is amazing and so is [name_m]Mateo[/name_m]. [name_m]Mateo[/name_m] is becoming quite popular, so just keep that in mind, but its still a very handsome name.

2 Likes

Typically, I don’t think boys care to get very involved in name meanings and origins. Men that I know either like a name or they don’t - the end! I would use names that I love and not be overly concerned about fitting a pattern. You are a multicultural family and no one is going to stand out in any negative way. Maybe you are being lead down a different naming path this time because your third son’s personality is quite different than your other boys.

By the way, I love your children’s names.

I really like [name_m]Elio[/name_m] [name_f]Valen[/name_f], [name_m]Eliano[/name_m] [name_u]Callum[/name_u], and [name_m]Maceo[/name_m] [name_f]Valen[/name_f].

3 Likes

I vote for [name_m]Emilio[/name_m]! It’s so handsome with [name_u]Liam[/name_u] and [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] and they all share similar sounds which works!

5 Likes

The formula you have now has given you a great sibset so far but there are some nice Spanish boys names that would work pretty cohesively

Liam, Munroe, & Eamon Emilio is my favorite from your list

Other ideas

Desmond Pablo
Francisco Wiley
Thiago Ronan “Teague”
Enzo Blaine
Rafael Teague “Rafe”
Arlo Malcom
Cormac Cruz
Joaquin Knox “Cian”
Ezequiel Hamish “Zeke”
Hugo Duncan
Ignacio Fraser
Ulises Graeme “Sully”
Callum Santana
Alisdair Leonardo
Magnus Cruz “Gus”
Orran Matias
Felix Cullen
Ferris Fernado
Kellan Santiago
Fintan Guillermo “Finn”
Grady Lorenzo
Elia Kieran
Marques Evander
Pasqual Emrys
Reuben Monolo
Rhys Teodoro

1 Like

Hi there.

I think that either using an Irish or Spanish fn would be fine. [name_u]Liam[/name_u] is clearly very Irish, but [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] actually sounds more exotic that I don’t think it would sound out of place w/a Spanish named brother. It’s kind of a bridge between a Spanish name & [name_u]Liam[/name_u].

Here are my thoughts on the lists-

Eamon-I love it! [name_f]My[/name_f] nephews are [name_u]Liam[/name_u] & [name_m]Eamon[/name_m] (their other three brothers are Se@mus, Cilli@n & M@lachy.) It’s so handsome, kind of gentle but kind of sporty. Not overly complicated, but very unique. It goes perfectly w/Liam & [name_u]Monroe[/name_u]. I like [name_m]Eamon[/name_m] [name_m]Salvador[/name_m] or [name_m]Eamon[/name_m] [name_m]Javier[/name_m].

Emrys-This is okay. I think that it works w/your boys’ names really well. I just don’t love it as much as [name_m]Eamon[/name_m].

Callum-I really love this. It’s similar to [name_m]Eamon[/name_m]. Handsome, sporty but kind of softer too. Those are my favorite types of boy names. And it has the cool nn of [name_u]Cal[/name_u]. [name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_m]Fernando[/name_m] is cool. [name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_m]Javier[/name_m] sounds good too.

Lochlan-I really like this a lot, but spelled [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] looks nicer. [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_m]Emilio[/name_m] is dashing. [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_m]Mateo[/name_m] too!

Valen-Hah, this just reminds me of [name_u]Van[/name_u] Halen.

Auden-That’s okay. Not sure why I don’t love this…I really like [name_m]Aubin[/name_m] & [name_u]Alden[/name_u]. It’s okay. Kind of different, just not my favorite.

Adler-I’m not huge on this either. It sounds like a farm boy, which sometimes I like but just a little too quirky.

Evander-Interesting, but not my cup of tea.

Stellan-I don’t love this either, because it reminds me of Stalin.

Taran-That’s okay. Not my favorite, but okay.

Emmerich-Hm. I like this. I think [name_m]Emeric[/name_m] looks nicer? It’s cute though & fairly unique.

As for the Spanish names, I think that [name_m]Mateo[/name_m] fits in perfectly nicely w/Liam & [name_u]Monroe[/name_u]. It’s a super handsome name. Very charming & a little exotic. I love [name_m]Salvador[/name_m] too, & that’s way less common. The nn [name_u]Sal[/name_u] is cute, but what about the nn [name_m]Satch[/name_m]?!

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[name_m]Mateo[/name_m] and [name_u]Gael[/name_u] were used in Ireland in 2019, so they would fit in either location. It would also give a connection to your husband with both their first names having the same root.

I would switch them up and use the Spanish FN, Irish/Scotch MN if it were up to me.

2 Likes

I think a Scottish/english first name and a Spanish middle makes sense.
[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites from your list are
[name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_m]Salvador[/name_m]
[name_m]Lochlan[/name_m] [name_m]Javier[/name_m]
[name_m]Emrys[/name_m] [name_m]Mateo[/name_m]

3 Likes

Thanks for all the input! I think we’re leaning toward [name_m]Emilio[/name_m]! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband really likes it. Now to find a good Scotch/Irish middle. :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Emilio [name_m]Stellan[/name_m]/Stellan [name_m]Mateo[/name_m] or [name_m]Emilio[/name_m] [name_u]Callum[/name_u]. Good luck!

1 Like

Emilio [name_u]Douglas[/name_u]
[name_m]Emilio[/name_m] [name_m]Fraser[/name_m]
[name_m]Emilio[/name_m] [name_u]Finlay[/name_u]
[name_m]Emilio[/name_m] [name_m]Dougal[/name_m]
[name_m]Emilio[/name_m] [name_m]Brody[/name_m]

1 Like

I like [name_u]Auden[/name_u] or [name_u]Callum[/name_u] as firsts and [name_m]Javier[/name_m] or [name_m]Fernando[/name_m] as middles.

1 Like

Congratulations!

Emilio and [name_m]Emiliano[/name_m] really blow everything else out of the water. They have the sort of sophistication that a European name has. Despite how foriegn they are, they’re quite easy to pronounce. Some other of your Spanish names are more complicated that way. I also love how [name_m]Emilio[/name_m] and [name_m]Emiliano[/name_m] honor your husband’s heritage! Definitley my first choices.

Eamon is my second choice. However, the issue of pronounciation is also here. There was a kid named [name_m]Eamon[/name_m] at my school growing up and everyone who knew him called him “A-men”, the right way, but substitute teachers would call him “Ee-mon”, because that’s the way it looks. [name_m]Just[/name_m] something to consider. Regardless, [name_m]Eamon[/name_m] is a very handsome name that fits well with his brother’s names.

Best of luck to you and your growing family!

1 Like

Emilio [name_u]Callum[/name_u], [name_m]Emilio[/name_m] [name_m]Eamon[/name_m], [name_m]Emilio[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] or [name_m]Emilio[/name_m] [name_m]Alisdair[/name_m] are all nice with [name_u]Liam[/name_u] andMonroe.

1 Like

I would keep the pattern and keep first name 2 syllables personally.
I think you’ve got a great list.
Maybe don’t repeat the first initial, it’s so nice when they have different initials and you can label things & just in general.
Congrats!

1 Like

Emilio is lovely!

One name that did come to mind while reading your post, would be [name_m]Hugo[/name_m].

Liam, [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] & [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]

1 Like

I think we have decided on a winner!

Emilio [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] :star_struck:

I came across [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] a while ago but it didn’t stick. But I kept hearing it recently and then this week I learned about the Irish folklore behind The [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] tree. It just clicked and seems to fit so perfectly! I should mention that I own a forest preschool, so the nod to nature is also perfect.

Thanks for all the suggestions! :green_heart:

4 Likes

Emiliano is currently on my list so I’m a tad biased :wink: but I also like [name_m]Evander[/name_m]. Perhaps [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_m]Emiliano[/name_m]? [name_m]Emiliano[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]?

Personally, I would keep the same pattern, although I don’t think there’s anything wrong with changing it up if you want to! From your Spanish names, I think [name_m]Mateo[/name_m], [name_u]Gael[/name_u], or [name_m]Javier[/name_m] would fit best as first names with the first names of your older sons. Combinations I like:

Callum [name_m]Emilio[/name_m]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_u]Gael[/name_u]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u] [name_m]Emilio[/name_m]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u] [name_u]Gael[/name_u]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u] [name_m]Mateo[/name_m]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u] [name_m]Javier[/name_m]
[name_m]Mateo[/name_m] [name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
[name_m]Mateo[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_u]Gael[/name_u] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_u]Gael[/name_u] [name_m]Emmerich[/name_m]
[name_m]Javier[/name_m] [name_m]Lochlan[/name_m]