Name Help Needed for a Character

Hi! I am in need of possible MN ideas for my character!

Her current name is: [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] Alderidge
I love her name, but I would like to look into a few other options for her second MN Gwen.

She’s 21 and has a daughter named [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] ([name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] Hanwi - Hanwi is a [name_f]Sioux[/name_f] word for ‘moon’ and she uses it because she is part Indigenous as her Great-Grandfather was full-blooded [name_f]Sioux[/name_f])

Parents:
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] & [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Winona[/name_f]
Siblings:
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] (married to [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]) &
[name_u]Jordan[/name_u] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] (engaged to [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] '[name_m]Frank[/name_m]")

I don’t want it to start with any initials her parents or siblings have so no J, B, C, W, M and I’d prefer it to be one or two syllables and have a classy, vintage feel.
But nothing dated or common like [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] or [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

Top considerations are:
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_u]Louise[/name_u]

For classy and vintage, I think of:
-[name_f]Francine[/name_f] ([name_u]Frankie[/name_u], or [name_f]Frances[/name_f] could also work)
-[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] (1 syllable too many!)
-[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] (Though it sounds a little too naive, in my opinion, it could work!)
-[name_f]Evanthe[/name_f]
-[name_f]Diana[/name_f] (Also, I syllable too many!)
-[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
-[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
-[name_f]Rita[/name_f]
I actually had a great-grandmother named [name_f]Opal[/name_f] and another [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. They were amazing, spunky, and wonderful women, so those are great options. [name_u]Louise[/name_u] always reminds me of [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] [name_u]Alcott[/name_u], so you could also use the name [name_f]Louisa[/name_f].
I hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the suggestions!
I love love love the name [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] and I think I’ll add that as an option! ([name_f]Frances[/name_f] is also great, but with [name_u]Jordan[/name_u]’s fiance being named [name_f]Frances[/name_f], I probably will avoid it)
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] is beautiful and one of my favorite names and her face claim is actually [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_u]Ridley[/name_u], lol and I did consider it! However, it doesn’t quite suit the style!
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] I also love! [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] I also quite like with it! I’m going to add that!

Aww that’s so sweet! yes, I love them!!
Oh [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is beautiful as well!! But trying to avoid “a” ending names due to [name_u]Dakota[/name_u], hence why I have Louse <3
Thank you again for your suggestions!

1 Like

Louise is lovely! Here are some other names I found:

Dove
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Helen[/name_f]
[name_f]Suzanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]April[/name_f]
[name_f]Nellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_u]Lacy[/name_u]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

1 Like

Thank you! I like it too!

Ohh, I really like [name_f]Iris[/name_f]! :white_heart:
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] & [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] as well! But I probably won’t use [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] because of [name_f]Elinor[/name_f]!

1 Like