Name help needed, please!

[name]Hi[/name] everyone. I have already posted this in the girls names’ section, but will copy it here as we are completely stumped for boys names!

I am posting on behalf of my mum who is not the best with computers! She got married recentley and is trying for a baby. She has two children (me and my brother) and my step dad has a daughter. We all have biblical names which is a theme they would like to continue (but it’s not a necessity). Our names are [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Esther[/name], [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Frances[/name] if that helps to imagine their style a little bit?
At the moment, they like [name]Oliver[/name] with the nn Oli and [name]Arthur[/name] with the nn [name]Artie[/name] for a boy, but they worry about possible teasing with [name]Arthur[/name] nn [name]Artie[/name]. They also like [name]Nathaniel[/name], but are not sure of a nn for this?

[name]Salome[/name] gave a fantastic reply on the girls’ names thread and included some boys names there too. From that list, there are some lovely names but most of the ones they like are already used by family members :frowning: Apart from that, they like [name]Luke[/name] (perhaps [name]Lucas[/name]?) and [name]Zach[/name] from the list (though they’re not sure about a full name for [name]Zach[/name] yet).

A family name is [name]John[/name], which has great significance on both sides of the family. [name]Oliver[/name] [name]John[/name]? [name]Arthur[/name] [name]John[/name]? [name]Lucas[/name] [name]John[/name]? [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]John[/name] sounds a little off-beat, imo.

Thanks so much for your help!!

[name]Hi[/name] there! :slight_smile:

[name]Rachel[/name], [name]Matthew[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], and:

[name]Abraham[/name] (nn [name]Abe[/name])
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name] (nn [name]Zac[/name] or [name]Ike[/name])
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]John[/name] (or [name]Jonathan[/name]…)
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]

I love [name]Nathaniel[/name], and think it works beautifully with you and your siblings’ names. It does share [name]Matthew[/name]'s TH sound, though, which may or may not bother your parents. (I love [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name], too, but I don’t think they work as well as [name]Nathaniel[/name]. To me, you’ve got a Biblical theme going on, and I think another Biblical name would be perfect. )

Some of my favorite nicknames for [name]Nathaniel[/name] are [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Ned[/name].

[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Edward[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name]

Best wishes to you and your family! :slight_smile:

Suggestions

[name]Jonathan[/name]/[name]John[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name] [name]Joel[/name] or [name]Joel[/name] [name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Aaron[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] I like [name]Aaron[/name] much more than [name]Arthur[/name], very handsome.
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Levi[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Christian[/name] ([name]Miles[/name] means soldier)
[name]Luke[/name] [name]Jeremiah[/name]
[name]Simon[/name] [name]Reid[/name]
[name]Noah[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Simon[/name] [name]Zachary[/name]

I love [name]John[/name] [name]Henry[/name] as a combo.

I think [name]Daniel[/name] is a lovely biblical name :wink:

I agree and it would make a brilliant mn choice with most of my suggestions.

[name]Salome[/name] gave a fantastic reply on the girls’ names thread and included some boys names there too. From that list, there are some lovely names but most of the ones they like are already used by family members :frowning: Apart from that, they like [name]Luke[/name] (perhaps [name]Lucas[/name]?) and [name]Zach[/name] from the list (though they’re not sure about a full name for [name]Zach[/name] yet).

• A full name for [name]Zach[/name] is [name]Zachary[/name].

A family name is [name]John[/name], which has great significance on both sides of the family. [name]Oliver[/name] [name]John[/name]? [name]Arthur[/name] [name]John[/name]? [name]Lucas[/name] [name]John[/name]? [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]John[/name] sounds a little off-beat, imo.

[name]Love[/name] [name]John[/name]. And [name]Oliver[/name]. And [name]Nathaniel[/name].

• I love all of your names, especially [name]Rachel[/name]!

Some of my other favorite biblical names are:

Girls
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name] - I think it’s in the New Testament.
[name]Evelyn[/name] - has [name]Eve[/name] in it.
[name]Joanna[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] - I think [name]Julia[/name] is in Acts.
[name]Lillian[/name] - this is a stretch, but [name]Susannah[/name] means lily, and [name]Susannah[/name] is in the New Testament.
[name]Lydia[/name]
forms of [name]Mary[/name] - [name]Marian[/name], [name]Mariel[/name], [name]Marin[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name] - especially love it as a middle name.
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]

Girls’ names that have biblical imagery or themes:
Any angel names - I love [name]Angelina[/name] the most. Also [name]Angelica[/name].
[name]Alice[/name] - means truth
[name]Anastasia[/name] - means resurrection
[name]Bianca[/name] - means white
[name]Celeste[/name] - means heavenly
[name]Faith[/name], [name]Fay[/name], [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Helen[/name]/[name]Helena[/name], [name]Elaine[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Eleni[/name] - means light
[name]Journey[/name] - I would like this as a middle name.
[name]Lucy[/name] means light
[name]Paloma[/name] - means dove
[name]Sophia[/name] - means wisdom, I think [name]Sophia[/name] is in the New Testament as well.
[name]Stella[/name] - means star, so pretty!
[name]True[/name] - love this as a middle name.
[name]Verity[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name] - means true image
[name]Zoe[/name] - means life

Some feminine forms of masculine biblical names:
[name]Andrea[/name]
[name]Gabriella[/name]
[name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Pauline[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]
[name]Raphaela[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]

Boys - there are many more biblical choices for boys than there are for girls. I will just put down my favorites:
[name]Barnaby[/name] - a form of [name]Barnabus[/name].
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Bram[/name]
[name]Cornelius[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name] nn [name]Gabe[/name] - this is one of my favorite boys’ names lately.
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Isaiah[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name], but it’s too popular.
[name]James[/name]
[name]John[/name] nn [name]Jack[/name], forms of [name]John[/name] are so much fun: [name]Owen[/name], [name]Ewan[/name], [name]Ian[/name], etc. [name]Just[/name] look up [name]John[/name] on check out a name and scroll down to find International Variations of [name]John[/name]. I think [name]Owen[/name] is my favorite form of [name]John[/name]. [name]Owen[/name] goes really well with many last names.
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Lazarus[/name]
[name]Moses[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name] nn [name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name] - I think this is in the bible, but I’m not sure.

My favorite boys’ saints’ names:
[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Bernard[/name]
[name]Bruno[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Julius[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Roger[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

Boys’ names with biblical themes:
[name]Cruz[/name] - means cross
[name]Justus[/name] - means [name]Justice[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] - this is probably a saints’ name. Means gift of God.
I can’t think of any more.

[name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Mark[/name]
[name]Micheal[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Sam[/name]
[name]Shon[/name]