Name Help Needed

[name_m]Hi[/name_m],

We’re looking for first/middle name suggestions for our soon to arrive 3rd child and 1st daughter. With big brothers called [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], we want something a little out of the ordinary, but not too eccentric.

Names we like so far include: [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_u]Harper[/name_u], [name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Rosie[/name_f].

Any suggestions gratefully received - we can’t seem to agree!

I love your shortlist! You might like [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] which is our top name :slight_smile:

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]

Other first name ideas:
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Edie[/name_f]
[name_f]Neva[/name_f]

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] or [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] pops into my mind when I look at your other children’s names. [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] would fit in perfectly! From your list I also like [name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]. And from the previous commenter I really like [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] together. [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] keeps the double letter trend (two t’s in [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] and two L’s in [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]). [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] is also becoming more popular, especially on this website but I think it could give a more whimsical feel to the name, since [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] is a little more popular than [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] or [name_u]Ellis[/name_u].

My favorite choice for you would probably be [name_u]Teegan[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] and [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] together. Some more ideas

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]

Ha I basically just listed a bunch of my favorites names.

From what I could tell with your other two, you prefer to have the more uncommon name as the first name and then a more popular name as a middle. I’d continue with that for this one.
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]- work better as firsts or middles. interestingly, [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] ranks [name_m]WAY[/name_m] lower than I thought it did before I looked it up just now. Side note: [name_f]May[/name_f] move it into my own first name shortlist from my middles list. From these [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is my favourite.

Not all of these suggestions fit the formula of unusual, then common I suggestion above, but most do:

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Fawn[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] [name_u]Madison[/name_u]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] [name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] [name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] ([name_f]Air[/name_f]-ee-add-nee)

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_u]Harper[/name_u] work better as middles. They are both way up the popularity list, in the top ten actually.
[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Mallory[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Fawn[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Hallie[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Kaylin[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Erika[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]

[name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] are my favorites, with [name_f]Evie[/name_f] slightly edging out [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. I prefer [name_f]Rosa[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], or [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] with the nick name of [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], but for some reason [name_f]Evie[/name_f] is a stand-alone for me. Unfortunately, [name_f]Evie[/name_f] is so close to [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] that it feels almost too similar… but, like I always say with finding matching sibling names, that will only matter until the kids grow up and have their own life. They will always be known as [name_f]Evie[/name_f] Lastname, not [name_f]Evie[/name_f], sister of [name_u]Ellis[/name_u].

I have [name_f]Evie[/name_f] in my signature, paired with [name_f]Honora[/name_f] and [name_u]James[/name_u] (which you can’t use). [name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Honora[/name_f] is beautifullll, but so is [name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]!

Other names you might like (excuse any repeats please):
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]

[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]

[name_f]Edith[/name_f] nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f], or just [name_f]Edie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]

[name_f]Iris[/name_f]

[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]

[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]

[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]

[name_u]Wren[/name_u]

Of those, my favorites are [name_u]Piper[/name_u], [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f] for you and what you already like. If you don’t mind the closeness to [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], I think [name_f]Stella[/name_f] or [name_f]Evie[/name_f] would be just darling. [name_m]Beckett[/name_m], [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] goes swimmingly, though!

I like the idea of continuing the double letters pattern.

[name_m]Beckett[/name_m], [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], and

[name_u]Addison[/name_u]
[name_f]Adrienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Arianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Aubree[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Gianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Julianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Maggie[/name_f]
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f]
[name_u]Sienna[/name_u]
[name_f]Sierra[/name_f]
[name_f]Summer[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]!..

Let’s see… [name_m]Beckett[/name_m], [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] and…

[name_u]Julianne[/name_u]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_u]Halle[/name_u]

Or maybe a unique long name you can shorten to a traditional name?
[name_f]Savanna[/name_f] nn. [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] nn. [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] nn. [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]