Name help please (9th child)!

[name]Hi[/name] I am coming into this very late, but I read a few of the threads and I was interested in the fact that you come from [name]Louisiana[/name] because it is one of the few places I visited when in the U.S. I just had to go and visit [name]Bourbon[/name] St!

The picture of [name]Louisiana[/name] that I have in my mind is of a laid back musical place with ladies (belles) with fabulous names. I picture willowy, mysterious women of style.

So, that brings me to [name]Evangeline[/name] which is probably forgotten by you now but isn’t that just the most feminine, classy name you could pick? Why not remember your home state too with the lovely name of [name]Louisa[/name]?

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] doesn’t that just flow off the tongue?

So, if your decision is not already fact why not have another look at [name]Evangeline[/name]?

all the best

rollo :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name], but DH nixed it long ago…
[name]Lemon[/name], I am loving [name]Sarah[/name] (I also love the way [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] sounds with [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] ([name]Sophie[/name] & [name]Sadie[/name])… I know you said you wouldn’t use [name]Katherine[/name] as [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name]'s middle name is [name]Kate[/name]… but I was thinking we could spell it with a C???
Is there any other name that would flow well with [name]Sarah[/name]? (a list of some possibilities would be great =0)
I am not a fan of Gwendloyn.

what about

[name]Sarah[/name]-[name]Louise[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]-[name]Marie[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Willow[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]-[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]

Yes to [name]Sarah[/name]-[name]Louise[/name] and

[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is a lovely combo.

Is it just me, but I keep putting [name]Sister[/name] in front of these combos?

[name]Love[/name] both [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]…oh, how do you pick just one!, but I think I prefer [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] by a hair, especially next to your other girls.
I don’t really care for [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], actually, its one of my friends names, haha. But it just lacks spark. Its a bit boring and unoriginal. Very pretty don’t get me wrong, but its predictable.

Hey there!

I still like [name]Charlotte[/name] - oh, [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]! - more than anything with [name]Sarah[/name] because of [name]Sophie[/name]'s name. They’re rather similar, especially with [name]Sadie[/name] as a nickname, even though [name]Sarah[/name] is so lovely! That being said, if you decide to go with [name]Sarah[/name], I would NOT use a C middle name. It’s too close to [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name]'s name in my opinion, even if she’s got the added [name]Juliette[/name] in there to break it up. Here are some ideas for a little [name]Sadie[/name]…

[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Bethany[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Delia[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Desiree[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Glory[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Gillian[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Helene[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] Hosanna
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Susanne[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Valerie[/name]

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]HI[/name]! I agree with [name]Lemon[/name]…I love [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] with [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name]! However, if you decided to go with [name]Sarah[/name], how about: (Sorry for any repeats.)

[name]Sarah[/name]-[name]Marie[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]-[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]-[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]-[name]Jane[/name]

uggghh…I can’t believe I am still goi ng round and round… o.k. here is where I stand… I do still really love [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]… We have a [name]Mary[/name]-[name]ELizabeth[/name], and I realize it may not have “stand out” qualities, but I do feel it is a strong, elegant, classic and timeless name. There is one new twist…one of her middle names will have to be [name]Lea[/name] (after my mother, sister and great-grandmother, it is pronounced [name]Lee[/name]) DH has agreed, and now I just need to fit it in…[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Lea[/name]… I am seriously considering no hyphen (and [name]Sarah[/name] has that “ah” quality like My [name]Emma[/name] who also has no hyphen.

I really like some of the other possibilities (though not certain how they sound with [name]Lea[/name] as the middle name)…
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] (I have heard this one over and over, I am just not sure of how it sounds when I say it outloud???)
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Glory[/name] (this is too cute and my mother inlaw is named [name]Gloria[/name]!!)

I still have [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]… I am going to have to go to the hospital with the two names for sure! I love [name]Anna[/name]- but think I like the sound of [name]Sarah[/name] just a smidge more…

[name]Hi[/name]! From your new list, I like [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Lea[/name] best! And I do really like the sound of [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Lea[/name].
Here is another idea…how about [name]Leah[/name] as the first name? [name]Leah[/name]-[name]Charlotte[/name] would be beautiful.

Okay, no hyphen? Yay!

Here’s the thing with [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Lea[/name]. If [name]Lea[/name] is really going to be pronounced as “[name]Lee[/name],” then you don’t want to use [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Lea[/name] back-to-back or else you’ll end up with [name]Sara[/name] [name]Lee[/name], like the baked goods company. At least that’s what it is in the US! Yikes! But, if you really want to use it, we’re going to work with it…

[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] (I have heard this one over and over, I am just not sure of how it sounds when I say it outloud???)
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Glory[/name] (this is too cute and my mother inlaw is named [name]Gloria[/name]!!)

[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Lea[/name] - This doesn’t flow so well. [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Lea[/name] works a tad better.
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Lea[/name] - This combination has lots of L at the end, but it is workable…
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Lea[/name] - I think this is the best one you’ve got, flow-wise!
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Glory[/name] [name]Lea[/name] - Goofy. But, [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Glory[/name] is so perfect, especially with a [name]MIL[/name] named [name]Gloria[/name]!

[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Lea[/name] works just fine, but after [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliette[/name], I still don’t think you should use the SC initials, even if they’d be SCJ and SCL before the last name. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Lea[/name] sounds not-so-good in my opinion. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Lea[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] is okay. What if you use [name]Lea[/name] as a name ([name]Leah[/name]) and use [name]Lea[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]? [name]Love[/name] that one!

Oh please be careful having a child named [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Lea[/name] or as the kids at school will point out [name]Sara[/name] [name]Lee[/name].

No worries!!! I would NEVER use [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Lea[/name] ([name]Sara[/name] [name]Lee[/name]) =0) I am well aware of the baked goods company with that name!!

DH does not like [name]Leah[/name]… so that is out… It is def. between [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] in the first name position. I am going to look over your new post, [name]Lemon[/name]… See what I can come up with. What are all of your thoughts on [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Lea[/name]??? I just really like [name]Eloise[/name] (cute and spunky!). I agree [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Glory[/name] [name]Lea[/name] sounds a bit goofy… but do like [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Glory[/name] =0) ughhh… so many possibilities!

I’ll be honest - [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Lea[/name] isn’t doing anything for me. But, I do love [name]Eloise[/name] and it was so perfect with [name]Charlotte[/name]! [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloisa[/name] [name]Lea[/name]? Eh, it’s not perfect. What about [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Gloria[/name] [name]Lea[/name], called [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Glory[/name]?

I think I like [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Louise[/name] better than [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Eloise[/name], especially if you’re going to use the full name most of the time.

I agree with elsie re choosing [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Louise[/name]

[name]Lemon[/name], I see your point with [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]…o.k. then, what about spelling [name]Catherine[/name] witha K??? [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]??? initials would be:
SCJ and SKL… I am just not loving the sound of [name]Louise[/name]…[name]Love[/name] [name]Eloise[/name], but I do see that it doesn’t have as nice of a flow with [name]Sarah[/name].

I suppose I shouldn’t object to [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] or [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Katharine[/name]. Hm. Can you use a [name]Lea[/name] variant? As in [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Leonie[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], or [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Lenore[/name]? I think [name]Lennox[/name] works even though it is surname-y/unisex - it reminds me of [name]Mary[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] in The [name]Secret[/name] Garden. [name]Lennox[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name] together are a very [name]Frances[/name] [name]Hodgson[/name] [name]Burnett[/name]-type name! [name]Sara[/name] [name]Crewe[/name] and [name]Mary[/name] [name]Lennox[/name]!

With [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name], I think [name]Sarah[/name]-[name]Louise[/name] has the best flow.

I can see the appeal of [name]Sarah[/name]-[name]Louise[/name]…I just don’t care for it, sorry…
[name]Lennox[/name] is an interesting thought… it brought to my mind the name [name]Quinn[/name]. I had thought once of Naming [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Quinn[/name]. In the end [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name] won out… so I thought …[name]Sarah[/name]-[name]Quinn[/name]? But then after saying it a few times, I don’t know it sounds like [name]Sarah[/name] “queen” or something to me…

Let me break down my big pull of [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Lea[/name]- both are family ties. [name]Katherine[/name] is for my mother who is [name]Karen[/name]… I can not come up with a better dirivited form of [name]Katherine[/name] to fit [name]Sarah[/name]…if you have suggestions, please throw them out!!

[name]Lea[/name] is after my mother, greatgrandmother and sister… I would like to keep it original in it’s spelling…as it has such a great story. I never thought of it much until a couple of weeks ago when my great grandmother ([name]Maggie[/name] [name]Lea[/name]) yes she is still alive at 95 years young =0) Proceeded to tell me the story of how the first town Dr. was named Mr.[name]Matthew[/name] [name]Lee[/name]… how he delivered her, and they thought she wouldn’t make it. He worked and worked on her,until she finally drew her first breath. Her mother ([name]Mary[/name]) named her [name]Maggie[/name] [name]Lea[/name] (after him…she changed the ending with an A as she thought it sounded more like a girl =0) I thought! Wow! what a gem of a story and a name, I would love to pass that tradition on!! That is how I came up with [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Lea[/name]…
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Lea[/name] was just too much of a mouthful, and in the end, I really loved the [name]Sarah[/name] with [name]Sophie[/name] even more so than [name]Charlotte[/name]. though, yes I do still love [name]Charlotte[/name]. So that is where i am at the moment =0)

What a true journey naming this baby has become for me, but I am grateful for it…it has taught me a lot =0) I know when she is born, and we finally decide she will have a wonderful story to share about how much thought was put into her name!!

Alright, I think [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Lea[/name] needs to be your [name]Sarah[/name] combination then. I do think [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] has a certain quirk to it, though, and I love that, but the family significance of both [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Lea[/name] seem very special to you. With [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Lea[/name], you could use [name]Sadie[/name] [name]Lea[/name], [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Kate[/name], [name]Sari[/name] [name]Kate[/name], or [name]Sadie[/name] [name]Kat[/name] for nicknames. Very cute!

As for [name]Charlotte[/name], I was thinking [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Carina[/name] [name]Lea[/name]. [name]Carina[/name] technically means “dear” and is an Italian name, yet it also a variant of [name]Karen[/name] by way of [name]Karena[/name]. You could use [name]Charlie[/name], [name]Char[/name], [name]Lottie[/name], [name]Lottie[/name] [name]Lea[/name], or even Cece as a nickname for [name]Charlotte[/name]. Otherwise, [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Lea[/name] is fine, but not as nice as [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Lea[/name]. Maybe [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Katharina[/name] [name]Lea[/name]? Eh, no.