Name help please!

[name_f]Morning[/name_f]! So I am 6 weeks away and having name issues.

[name_f]My[/name_f] partner and I have decided on Chloé as our middle name as it’s personal and special to us.

And as our first name we have decided on Romee as we both love it and our backup is [name_u]Halle[/name_u] incase she doesn’t look like a Romee.

So our name would be Romee Chloé or [name_u]Halle[/name_u] Chloé … the problem is is that even though we were set on this I posted the name on a pregnancy app ‘Ovia’ and loads of people commented that they didn’t like it and it didn’t flow and too many e’s

I know it doesn’t matter what other People think and a lot of lovey ladies said they love it or if I love it go with it … but it’s got in my head.

What are your suggestions or ideas/ views on this name combo ?

And if it is so bad do you have any other first names I can put with Chloé ? I like cool names and not too common- but Romee and [name_u]Halle[/name_u] are my favourite :frowning:

Thank you in advance xxxx

If you love it go with it. [name_m]How[/name_m] often does someone say their full name out loud or share it with someone else anyway? I think it’s much more important to have a middle name with personal meaning than one which has no special meaning and was picked solely because it “flows”.
Similarly, I’d never change the first name to accommodate the middle name unless you are intending your babe to be called by the middle name.
[name_u]Halle[/name_u] is probably my favourite of your two names but you go with whichever one you love the most for your baby :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, I think Romee and [name_u]Halle[/name_u] are very sweet! In terms of the individual names: I really like [name_u]Halle[/name_u] as-is (I slightly prefer the [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] spelling myself, but [name_u]Halle[/name_u] has more of a sleek vibe that I can definitely see the appeal of!); I like Romee, but I love [name_u]Romy[/name_u] and find that spelling a bit more intuitive. That said, though, if the spelling is part of what you love about Romee, I say go for it. As far as the issue of flow–I completely agree with everything @sarahjane1 said. I think it’s a lot more important that you love each individual component of the name, and less so that they sound perfect said together. Once they belong to your baby, chances are they will sound perfect together anyways. And if they don’t, you won’t hear them together much anyway! That said, between the two, I do think Romee Chloé flows a bit better than [name_u]Halle[/name_u] Chloé; the combination of “l” and “e” sounds in [name_u]Halle[/name_u] Chloé is a bit of a mouthful for me. Not a dealbreaker by any means, so certainly don’t let my bit of input on that dissuade you if you ultimately decide [name_u]Halle[/name_u] Chloé is your favorite! [name_m]Just[/name_m], if you find yourself stuck between the two, maybe something to consider.

2 Likes

If you love it, and there’s nothing inherently offensive about it, don’t get put down by what others tell you - especially if you’re not actually looking for opinions.

None of those names are my style, and neither is the sound combo, but if my friend would absolutely love it, why is it my business to tell her that it’s awful?

But since you’re asking…
Would you consider [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], nn Romee? Then you have a nice full name with the effect you like. You can even tell your friends Romee [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], and when she’s older she’ll have more options.

We talk a lot about “flow” of the first name and middle name(s), but ultimately, how a first name (or whatever name she’ll go by) sounds with the surname is much more important. That’s the form of her name that will be used most often—first and last. So if you’re worried about flow, put more weight on how Romee and [name_u]Halle[/name_u] sound with your surname.

But I also echo the other advice you’ve gotten: Romee and [name_u]Halle[/name_u] are your favorites, so go with one of those no matter how well they “flow.”

1 Like

If you love it, that’s the main thing. [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] is an important name to you and i think that’s more significant than the flow.

You could always spell it [name_u]Romy[/name_u] or [name_u]Romy[/name_u] to avoid the double e endings. Or you could do [name_u]Romilly[/name_u] [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] nn [name_u]Romy[/name_u] to break up the flow a little.

But to be honest i think your original choice is fine

It is a bit “ee” heavy, but that could actually be quite a sweet and quirky thing. The main thing is definitely to love the first name and to make sure it sounds OK with the surname, as @ceryle said :+1:

If you’re unsure, would you consider adding a second middle name between Romee/[name_u]Halle[/name_u] and Chloé? Something like Romee [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] Chloé, Romee [name_f]Grace[/name_f] Chloé, Romee [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Chloé, Romee [name_u]Willow[/name_u] Chloé… I don’t think it’s necessary though!

1 Like

It’s a bit, almost rhymey? Quite rhymey actually. However middle names don’t get used too much so it’s only a dealbreaker if it bothers you. [name_m]How[/name_m] the first and last name sound together is more relevant because it’s what will be used most.
I use my middle names quite prevalently (account handles, full name on social media, LinkedIn, etc.) But that’s because my first name was exceptionally trendy when I was born, so using my middles helps distinguish me from a vast sea of 30-somethings named [name_f]Brittany[/name_f]/[name_f]Britney[/name_f]. I don’t think that would be necessary for a child named Romee or [name_u]Halle[/name_u].

For me, the sum of the parts of a full name are just as important as the individual names I choose so this would be a no-go for me if I were doing the naming.
Not everyone feels that way though. Lots of folks pick the names they like the most individually and aren’t as concerned on how they sound together, which is totally okay.

It’s a decision that truly only you can weigh.

I do like the suggestion above of considering 2 middle names to break it up a little if you do decide the overall sound matters to you.

I don’t think it flows well, but in this case, I don’t think it matters. First and most importantly, if you love it, go for it. Second, very few people will actually even know her middle name. Third, both names are really pretty.

[name_u]Halle[/name_u] Chloé is a gorgeous name!! Romee [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] is sweet too.