Name help

Ok, so i am completely lost when it comes to a girls name. We have had a boys name picked out forever, but cant seem to find anything we like for a girl. So far we like [name]Aubrey[/name], but its the only thing we have agreed on so far. I don’t like anything too trendy, and definitely not anything old ([name]Stella[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Maude[/name], [name]Helen[/name], etc…).

We do have a middle name we want to use, but i would like some suggestions on some variation of the name. DH mother passed away when he was three and we want to honor her, but not necessarily use her exact name which is [name]Marlene[/name]. The only variation i can think of is [name]Marleigh[/name] and im just not a fan. Any suggestions?

[name]Just[/name] out of curiosity, what is the boy name you have picked out? Can you give any other examples of names you even sort-of like?

Possible First Names (in vein of [name]Aubrey[/name], not sure if all of these are your style):
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]

Variations of [name]Marlene[/name] (the name comes from both [name]Maria[/name] and [name]Magdalen[/name]):
[name]Laine[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Malena[/name]
[name]Malene[/name]
[name]Marlena[/name]

Middle name variation: [name]Marla[/name], [name]Lena[/name], [name]Mara[/name]. I like [name]Marlee[/name] (spelled differently).

First name ideas…only going off the idea you don’t want vintage names:

[name]Aubrey[/name] is a great choice ([name]Aubrey[/name] [name]Marla[/name] is adorable)
[name]Carly[/name]
[name]Caitlyn[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Samantha[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name]
[name]Sidney[/name]
[name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Mallory[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] (too old?)

What your boys name is will help us!

[name]Marlaina[/name] is a nice feminine alternative to [name]Marlene[/name]. You could also choose other names that begin with [name]MAR[/name].

[name]Mara[/name]
[name]Marcella[/name]
[name]Marcia[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] / [name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Mariana[/name]
[name]Maribel[/name]
[name]Mariel[/name]
[name]Marietta[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Marissa[/name]
[name]Marjolaine[/name]
[name]Margery[/name]
[name]Marlys[/name] / Marlis
[name]Marlowe[/name]
[name]Marnie[/name]
Marpessa
Marsala

Sorry i was so vague in my original post. The boys name we have chosen is [name]Silas[/name] [name]Frankie[/name], the middle name being a family name.

As for other names i like, well i like gender neutral names, my favorite being [name]Sloan[/name]. DH isn’t too crazy about it and with the whole [name]Grey[/name]'s Anatomy connection I am sick of getting asked if that is where we got it from.

Right now the only name i can get DH to suggest is [name]Tallulah[/name]. He LOVES it, and i cant stand it.

We also have a harsh sounding last name so the name has to be something that rolls off the tongue easily.

As for bad association, i have them with [name]Hailey[/name], [name]Darcy[/name], and [name]Dallas[/name]. So nothing in those areas please!

I hope that helps a little? We just have so many boys names we love and nothing so far on the girls side. Choosing a girl name is proving to be so difficult.

[name]Jamie[/name]
[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Briar[/name]
[name]Skye[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]
[name]Marlowe[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Billie[/name]
[name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Jean[/name] ([name]Gene[/name] for male version)
[name]Hero[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]