Name Help

Expecting baby number 3 in the fall, and considering the name [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think this flows well together? Also, I’d like to pronounce the name Dah lee uh, how would you pronounce? Thanks!!!

Welcome to Nameberry!

Dahlia [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is lovely! I would pronounce [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] like DAR-lee-uh though I have heard some pronounce it DAY-lee-uh.

1 Like

Thank you! I know this name has lots of pronunciations, that’s the only thing holding me back from using it!

Thank you! Really! I’ve never heard of it with an R sound! [name_m]Can[/name_m] I ask where you’re from?

I’m a [name_u]Brit[/name_u], but probably a strange one haha.

1 Like

Beautiful! I personally pronounce it dAY-lee-ah because that’s how I say the flower.

1 Like

Haha! Ok that makes sense!

[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] sounds beautiful! I would pronounce [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] the same way.

[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is the most beautiful name I’ve seen today! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f], it is such an underused gem. It is so sweet, beautiful and refreshing!
I would pronounce [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] the way you do.

I would pronounce it doll-ee-uh. [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is a great choice! Flows greatly!

It’s gorgeous! And yes. Dahl-ee-uh.

I pronounce it more like two syllables, DAHL-ya. (American.) [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is pretty!

Dahlia [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is gorgeous! I really like it

I pronounced it just like you described! I’ve honestly never heard it pronounced it any different, but clearly doll-ee-uh would be fairly common. However, my first and last name are always mispronounced and it’s not that bad. She would just need to correct others once and she’d be fine :slight_smile:
I love [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]! I think it’s a great combo. If you like it, use it!

Aw I love [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]!! I pronounce it dah - [name_u]Lee[/name_u] - ah the same as you!