Name help!

I need a name for a woman in my story. I originally wanted to name her [name_f]Rita[/name_f], but I can’t use [name_f]Rita[/name_f].
The plot is that she is the eldest of four sisters in a well-known, wealthy family. The other three sisters are [name_f]Athena[/name_f], [name_u]Averil[/name_u], and [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f]. A man who has not heard about the birth of [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] (the youngest) stops by on her 18th birthday. He curses the eldest sister to transform into a butterfly at random (because, [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f]) and the other three sisters submit to the curse as well. This curse comes as a shock because magic has only ever been learned from the ancient textbooks of the indigenous people of the land, and the books were burned centuries ago. Eventually, the man who cursed them becomes dictator and builds a giant obelisk that will force the sisters to take the form of butterflies during the day. The sisters raise a huge rebellion against him.
This sister has the most control over herself in butterfly form and is like the sisters’ leader. She’s the second-tallest of them, about 5’6”, and she has short, slightly curly brown hair that she styles in braids wrapping around her head.
I really, REALLY don’t know what to name her, something starting with A would be nice.
TIA!!

1 Like

Amalthea
[name_f]Amalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_u]Aza[/name_u]
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f]
[name_f]Aliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Aviva[/name_f]
[name_f]Aviana[/name_f]

2 Likes

Alicia
[name_f]Elvira[/name_f]
Amirabel
[name_f]Amabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Anona[/name_f]
[name_f]Elvia[/name_f]
[name_f]Atala[/name_f] - Atal
[name_u]Artemis[/name_u] - [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f]
Acha
[name_f]Enna[/name_f]
Evelen
[name_u]Idris[/name_u]
[name_f]Irisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Amaya[/name_f]
[name_f]Omaira[/name_f]
Avida
have u tried using name generator with the sisters names that u already have?

1 Like

@almostactually @flowellagrace I love [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] and [name_f]Alicia[/name_f]! I have also found another name I like, [name_f]Althea[/name_f]. Is it too similar to [name_f]Athena[/name_f]?

Alondra, [name_f]Adriana[/name_f], [name_f]Audrina[/name_f], [name_f]Andrina[/name_f], [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f], [name_u]Rhian[/name_u], [name_f]Arianell[/name_f], [name_f]Arianwen[/name_f]

1 Like

when written they do look much the same but the names have very different feelings to them so i’m not sure.
it also depends on the characters and their similarities i suppose.

2 Likes

Asta
[name_f]Astra[/name_f]
[name_f]Amia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amma[/name_f]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_u]Arya[/name_u]

1 Like

I think it might be a bit close.

1 Like

What about…

Persephone
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Gaelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Kallan[/name_f]

LMK what you think!!

1 Like

@almostactually @EJpuddlejumper @heloise_chrissa @flowellagrace I’ve decided to use either [name_f]Adriana[/name_f], [name_f]Alicia[/name_f], [name_f]Aria[/name_f], [name_f]Belle[/name_f], or [name_f]Althea[/name_f].

3 Likes

cool! glad we cld help :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m a bit late, but I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Alison[/name_f] or [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] Would suit her (that story sounds good, too)

i know i’m late, but maybe you could consider these:

Atalanta
Amélie
[name_f]Analie[/name_f]/Anelie
[name_f]Avani[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]
[name_f]Appoline[/name_f]
[name_u]Amari[/name_u]
[name_f]Alora[/name_f]
[name_f]Alessia[/name_f]
[name_f]Avia[/name_f]
[name_f]Adorabelle[/name_f]