Name ideas that fit our weird taste :)

Hey all :blush: I’m expecting a lil boy in late March… here’s some of the names on our short list. Tastes are a little everywhere. We were doing great cutting the list…and now we’re stuck! We can’t think of any middle names, or any good combinations/variants.

Edit: forgot to add the last name! The baby’s last name is Wils0n. :slight_smile:

Jasper
Lochlan (nn Loch)
Asher
Hayes
Reid
Brooks
Atlas
Cyrus
Soren
Sebastian

Family names or names we could incorporate are…
Michael
William
Charles
Omar
Joseph
Richard

Please help! :joy:

2 Likes

LOVE your list! With the exception of Hayes and Jasper (though we used Casper), every name on your list is also in my favourites.

I think if you’re going to use an honour name then think about which ones are most meaningful for you… but loads of those make great combos.

It’s a bit tricky to think about the overall flow not knowing your surname (which you understandably may not want to share, though you could share ‘syllables’ or ‘rhymes with’ or ‘sounds a bit like’ or ‘starts with’ IF you feel comfortable doing so and think it might help).

My faves from your names would be
Lochlan Joseph
Sebastian Michael
Soren Richard
Brooks Wlliam (I think Brooks flows well with any as a middle except Charles)

…but honestly, their are SO MANY combos that could work really well. I’ve put all your family names in the middle rather than as the first because I figure maybe the first name that you’ll be using day-to-day should be one you just chose because you really loved? But any could also work as firsts.

Jasper Charleston
Soren Hayes
Atlas Josiah
Sebastian Omri
Cyrus Liam

[name_u]Hayes[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u] would be my favourite combo, followed by [name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] and [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Soren[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] and [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] and really like [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] and [name_u]Asher[/name_u] too. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] names!

Combos I like:

[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_u]Joseph[/name_u], [name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_m]Omar[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Charles[/name_u], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Omar[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Omar[/name_m], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u], [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_u]William[/name_u], [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_u]Charles[/name_u]
[name_u]Hayes[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u], [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] [name_u]Joseph[/name_u]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u], [name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u]

I love some of the names on your list ! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites/ and combo suggestions are
[name_u]Hayes[/name_u] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Omar[/name_m]
[name_m]Lochlan[/name_m] [name_u]Charles[/name_u]
[name_u]Brooks[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_u]Joseph[/name_u]

Congrats! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite names from your list are [name_u]Asher[/name_u], [name_u]Hayes[/name_u], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], and [name_u]Brooks[/name_u]. I like…

[name_u]Brooks[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u]
[name_u]Brooks[/name_u] [name_u]Joseph[/name_u]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Omar[/name_m]

I like your list a lot!

In the spirit of helping cut the list, I would recommend removing [name_m]Lochlan[/name_m], [name_m]Soren[/name_m] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]. I like all three, but I don’t love that they end with the same sound as your surname.

Some combo ideas:

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Hayes[/name_u]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u] [name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u]
[name_u]Cyprus[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] :heart:

1 Like

As @acoker95 has commented, I agree that it would be a good start to remove the names that have the same ending sounds as your surname. Everyone is known by their first and last name so they are the most important that they flow well. [name_u]Atlas[/name_u], [name_u]Hayes[/name_u], and [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] don’t flow quite as well with Wils0n as some of the others because of the s’s in both. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are…

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] Wils0n and [name_u]Reid[/name_u] Wils0n which both flow beautifully.

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] has always been a dream name of mine! It would be a charming choice to think about. Here’s some more ideas for you:

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] / [name_m]Silus[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_m]Tolliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Torben[/name_m]
[name_m]Tolkien[/name_m]
[name_m]Gaspar[/name_m] / [name_m]Gaspard[/name_m]
[name_m]Lars[/name_m]
[name_m]Santiago[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
[name_m]Kingston[/name_m]
[name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
[name_u]Teddy[/name_u]
[name_u]Jay[/name_u]
[name_m]Roman[/name_m]
[name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
[name_m]Miro[/name_m]
[name_m]Bernard[/name_m]
[name_m]Jamesy[/name_m]
[name_u]Ridley[/name_u]
[name_m]Edmond[/name_m]
Cope
[name_u]Daniel[/name_u]
[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexei[/name_m]
[name_m]Anton[/name_m]
[name_m]Stanton[/name_m]
[name_m]Castor[/name_m]
[name_u]Lionel[/name_u]
[name_m]Art[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicolas[/name_m]
[name_m]Cristian[/name_m]
[name_m]Stavros[/name_m]
[name_m]Pellegrino[/name_m]

I LOVE Asher and Atlas from your list! Asher Wilson and Atlas Wilson are both stunning. Personally I prefer Asher with the surname but you can’t go wrong with either! I think Asher Richard Wilson, Asher Michael Wilson and Asher Charles Wilson are beautiful!

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u]
[name_m]Lochlan[/name_m] [name_u]Joseph[/name_u]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u] [name_m]Omar[/name_m]
[name_u]Brooks[/name_u] [name_m]Micheal[/name_m]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_u]Charles[/name_u]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_m]Micheal[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]

I love [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u] or [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u], so handsome! I also like [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] - maybe [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_m]Omar[/name_m] as a combo

Yay! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are:

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_u]Hayes[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]William[/name_u]
[name_u]Charles[/name_u]
[name_m]Richard[/name_m]