Name Imagery Game

Collins [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is a bookworm, ready for any tale, romanticising about her future life while caught to yet another of her many literary explorations in the afternoons in her armchair.

Theodore [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]?

Theodore [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] is outdoorsy, surrounded by lots of tall trees and full of adventure.

Leora [name_f]Grace[/name_f] ?

1 Like

the bright yellow-white of stars, long flowy skirts, and a chestnut bob that floats in wisps around the head

Aeryn [name_m]Cassius[/name_m]

[name_f]Aeryn[/name_f] [name_m]Cassius[/name_m]… airy and elfish yet grounded, wise beyond his years, and regal… spicy and savory too. This is the name for a half-elven king. He has an effiminate vibe about him… long, flowing pale hair, pale gray eyes and fully fringed, dark lashes. Full lips, soft voice. Yet a strong and steady hand and serious eyes. [name_f]Aeryn[/name_f] [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] is beautiful and ethereal, yet subtly masculine. His manners are as impeccably manicured as his hands. He smells delicious. Like a cinnamon scented pine forest on an ocean breeze. An accomplished horseman, he can calm and communicate with them with his hands and his soothing words. [name_u]Pine[/name_u] forests, a wind-swept grassy moor, a looming gray stone fortress dominating the land ahead. A cliff overlooking a deadly rock beach with crashing ocean waves. A falcon and a love interest, not a maiden in distress.

Sorry I got carried away… I absolutely ADORE [name_f]Aeryn[/name_f] [name_m]Cassius[/name_m].

[name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]?

1 Like

Lilibet [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] - I imagine a young woman (maybe) 18 from a well-to-do [name_f]English[/name_f] family. She has long blonde hair and she’s holidaying by herself in her family’s holiday home in the Cotswolds. She’s wearing a short, flowing yellow sundress and she’s sitting in the garden at a white table reading magazines. The garden is light and pretty but very cottage-esque and full with trees and vines. She’s alone, but not lonely and she’s just quietly wondering what her friends might be up to at home in the city. She looks up from her magazine from time to time to sip her gin and tonic and look out beyond the garden.

Iona [name_f]Florence[/name_f]?

1 Like

Iona [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is the distant green of Scottish fields when seen by the sailor, lost at sea; the rich, rolling fields a perfect respite from the harshness of the water. The protagonist of a tragic play, the isolated and harshly beautiful words of a poet and the messy manicured life of a happy hermit. A name with rich seafaring energy, some religious undertones, but mostly just the wonderful feeling of tucking your feet into a blanket to stave off the chill.

Santiago [name_m]William[/name_m]?

3 Likes

[name_m]Santiago[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] loves the outdoors. His name reminds me of deep forest greens and frosty navy blues. He is rugged, enjoys camping and skipping rocks on the lake. [name_m]Santiago[/name_m] springs to action to help others - cleaning up someone’s spill or offering comforting words to a hurt friend. He is loyal to a fault and incredibly imaginative, “rewriting” classic stories to be exciting and fresh.

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]?

Beatrix [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] reminds me of a warm orange and deep purple. She loves Halloween, is spunky and mischievous, and loves to listen to folk music. She has dark hair and big dark blue eyes. She really wants a bunch of exotic pets and loves ~witchy~ vibes.

Coraline [name_f]Grace[/name_f]?

2 Likes

@anniebrown01 this is divine - and exactly how I envision her

1 Like

Trying not to dominate the thread, but I love this too much.

[name_f]Coraline[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] reminds me of when your face hurts from laughing too much, playing outside past sunset when you’re a kid and everything feels rebellious, woolen socks on cold hardwood floors, caramel hot chocolate, the burn of your eyes after an all-nighter, sitting around a firepit talking about everything, and electric eyes that see right through you.

[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_m]Phineas[/name_m]?

1 Like

Soren [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] is sorrel leaves and vast forests, full of nothing but plants and animals. It’s muted dark greens and blacks, or the Warrior Cats. The serious part of the trip, always looking over your shoulder. It’s that quiet kid who scares you, who scratches symbols into the desks and his journal. It’s tense and impossible to understand, not without a magnifying glass and a healthy belief in the impossible.

Colleen [name_u]Marie[/name_u]?

Colleen [name_u]Marie[/name_u] - plaid skirts, test tubes, bunsen burners, chemistry labs and Notre Dame. [name_f]Colleen[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] is one smart cookie and she’s out to prove that she just as brilliant and qualified in STEM as any of her male colleagues, and probably more so! Conventional in appearance, yet progressive in thinking, [name_f]Colleen[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] is blunt determination, fall leaves on an ivy league campus, an earned scholarship amongst silver spoons.

Tamarisk [name_f]Lily[/name_f]

2 Likes

Tamarisk [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is a spunky bright toddler who can make her parents insane in one minute and cry with laughter the next. [name_u]Bright[/name_u] dress-up costumes half covered in mud because she can be a princess AND an explorer. The name reminds me of bright purple, tadpoles in a tupperware container, and singing off key but proud.

Tobias [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]

2 Likes

Tobias [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is the dark blue of the Atlantic [name_u]Ocean[/name_u], as seen from cliffs in [name_u]Maine[/name_u]. An indoor cat that found his way outside, a warm wool scarf, and a love for The Cure’s Disintegration. Intellectual and driven, with a hint of pretension, passionate and an incredible writer.

Anne [name_u]Sheridan[/name_u]?

1 Like

Anne [name_u]Sheridan[/name_u] is acorns, wheat fields, and overalls. She smells like maple syrup and apples. Her pants are usually covered in paint smears and she wears dirty converse. She has blonde hair and green eyes.

Octavia [name_f]Mystique[/name_f]

Octavia [name_f]Mystique[/name_f]: an intricate, antique, tarnished silver brooch lying in a polished wood box lined with black velvet and ropes of indigo, emerald and violet braided trim; she smells of patchouli, rosewood, vetiver, oud and dark waters; long, glossy, raven black hair and piercing blue eyes; a stormy sky, a stone-walled cottage by the sea with windswept maiden grass, ruffled dark violet irises, prickly mounds of thistle, silvery artemisia and creeping thyme, colorful wind chimes, broken china and stained glass pathways, whimsical mystic and steam-punk garden ornaments and dried herbs.

Swan [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m]?

1 Like

Let’s see if I can revive this Topic with a different name…

Eloise [name_f]Spring[/name_f]

A ballerina spinning on her toes against the hardwood floor; the sound of piano in the background playing on the far right of the instrument, making beautiful high melody and convincing everyone that the ballerina is walking on air. Her silhouette is only complimented by the large window of her dance studio, showing a beautiful afternoon sunshine. The long sheer blue drapes that just barely graze the floor can also be seen dancing with the ballerina. They jump right when the ballerina jumps, and sways right when the ballerina sways - or at least, that’s what little [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Spring[/name_f] thinks, as truthfully they are being guided by the unseen floor vents. “Papa, I love to watch mother dance”.

Othello Pembrooke

1 Like

Othello Pembrooke

The paradoxical softness of heavy rain, brambled bushes cowering in front of an imposing estate. The rich brown of an old and dusty library, the navy blue of a prep school sport coat, and the faded gray of tired eyes. He hates holidays, and finds passion in stories most passionate. He is daring, the ringleader of our well-mannered delinquents. Quick wit, and most certainly some daddy issues; complexity, fields and voids of darkness compelled by some single light.

Remy [name_f]Astra[/name_f]?

1 Like

A fluffy, light-colored dog, too big for its own good, hanging out the window of a car. Moons and stars and telescopes, [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m] within view. [name_u]Mercury[/name_u]’s in retrograde tonight, folks. Blonde hair and a kind nature, big eyes and a teacher’s pet. [name_f]Apple[/name_f] orchards, forests, and big, beautiful sunflowers.

Christine [name_f]Sara[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Chrissy[/name_f]’?