Name Issues

A close friend has just given birth to her first child, who is named [name]Eliza[/name]. However, she and her fiance are having issues about a middle name(s). They have a few choices and have asked me to post and see what others think of them:

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

They are dead set on the middle names, but just can’t choose! So, what do others think?

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Harriet[/name]!

They’re all great names, so they can’t go wrong. The only thing that would tilt the scales too strongly in one direction is if one of these names had an extra special significance to them.

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is beautiful, but not particularly interesting ([name]Grace[/name] is sort of what you would expect to be [name]Eliza[/name]'s middle name).

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Mary[/name] doesn’t have the best flow somehow.

The others are all great choices, but [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Harriet[/name] just jumps out as the spunkiest and most distinct choice. I love it!

The only two that really has significance is [name]Charlotte[/name], as that was the name of my friends fiance’s sister, and [name]Mary[/name], as that is the name of my friends mother.

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]!

The only two that really has significance is [name]Charlotte[/name], as that was the name of my friends fiance’s sister, and [name]Mary[/name], as that is the name of my friends mother.[/quote]

As much as I love [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Harriet[/name], I think it’s really nice to honor the baby’s grandmother or aunt with the middle name.

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] is wonderful as is!

If the choose to honor the grandmother, though, [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Mary[/name] doesn’t sound great somehow. I would use a [name]Mary[/name] variant instead:
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Maribel[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Marilyn[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Marielle[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]! [name]Do[/name] they have a short or long last name?

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Mary[/name]: I think this is great!

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]: I love this, too.

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]: I love this, too.

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name]: This used to be my favorite [name]Eliza[/name] combo when I was little, but with [name]Grace[/name] being such a common middle these days, it sadly feels like a filler to me.

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Harriet[/name]: I like [name]Harriet[/name] a lot, but like the other combos more.

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]: I really love this!

I love so many of these combos, but [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] are my favorites.

Have a great night! :slight_smile:

Thank you to everyone who commented.

After much condsideration, little [name]Eliza[/name] finally has TWO middle names.

So, please welcome…

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Harriet[/name]

Many thanks again!

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]

Help me out! Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums