Name List - A-E

I am into baby names once again after long time hiatus; here is a list of mine now that I would use WDYT? I still love a lot of unusual names that are out there.

[name_m]Anakin[/name_m] (male)
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] (ahna-stay-shuh)
[name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]
[name_f]Anne[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] (male)
[name_m]Arrow[/name_m] (both)
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f] (both)
[name_f]Amethyst[/name_f] (female)
Avonlea
[name_f]Amity[/name_f]
[name_u]Addison[/name_u] (male)
[name_f]Antigone[/name_f]
Arachne
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] (male)
[name_f]Aravis[/name_f] (female)
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]
[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u] 9male)
Apprentice (female)
[name_u]Avery[/name_u] (male)
Adventure (female)
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]

[name_m]Bruin[/name_m] (female)
[name_m]Beckham[/name_m] (female)
[name_u]Barrett[/name_u] (both)
[name_m]Bates[/name_m] (female)
Baelfire (both)
[name_u]Bailey[/name_u] (male)
Barrow (both)
[name_m]Basil[/name_m] (male)
[name_f]Briar[/name_f] (male)
[name_f]Belle[/name_f] (female)
[name_f]Brier[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] 9male)
[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]
[name_u]Bayou[/name_u] (female)

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] (male)
[name_u]Cedar[/name_u] (male)
[name_m]Clyde[/name_m] (male)
[name_f]Cypress[/name_f] (male)
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f]
[name_f]Cicely[/name_f]
Colony (female)
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] (klar-uh)
[name_u]Cairo[/name_u] (both)
Chapter (female)
[name_f]Claudine[/name_f]
Creek (female)
[name_f]Clover[/name_f] (both)
Church (female)
[name_u]Cloud[/name_u] (male)
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] (male)
Cactus (female)
[name_f]Cadence[/name_f] (male)
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]
[name_u]Cheyenne[/name_u] (male)
Cavern (male)
[name_m]Chester[/name_m]
[name_m]Castiel[/name_m] (both)

Dragon (female)
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_u]December[/name_u]
[name_m]Damian[/name_m]
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]
[name_m]Dmitri[/name_m]
Disney
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
D’Artagnan

[name_u]Echo[/name_u] (male)
Everdeen (female)
Eragon (male)
[name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] (female)
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
Ermengarde
[name_f]Earth[/name_f] (female)
Evergreen (female)
Euphrates (female)
[name_m]Ebenezer[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
Eudoxia
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
Elegance (female)
Eureka (female)
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] (male)
[name_m]Edgar[/name_m]
[name_f]Eglantine[/name_f]
[name_u]Egypt[/name_u] (male)
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_m]Edison[/name_m]
Exodus (male)
[name_u]Everest[/name_u] (male)

[name_m]Anakin[/name_m] (male): Very [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars. You might not hear the jokes all the time, but the kid most certainly will.
[name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]: I like this name a lot actually, but I can see the pronunciation getting butchered in everyday life.
[name_m]Arrow[/name_m] (both): I don’t quite get the fascination with [name_m]Arrow[/name_m] here lately; I feel like I’ve seen it everywhere on here. It’s okay I guess, but it seems like it will be a short lived trend.
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f] (both): I think of this name as feminine, but otherwise it sounds totally fine.
[name_u]Addison[/name_u] (male): I love this name too! But realistically, I wouldn’t use it on a boy. I know there’s a huge debate about traditionally boy names vs. traditionally girl names on this website, but thinking from the perspective of society at large, this kid is probably going to get mistaken for a girl a lot. Is that necessarily a bad thing? No. Would it be annoying? Probably.
[name_f]Antigone[/name_f]: Pronunciation issues.
Arachne: Same as above, and also spider jokes.
[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u] (male): See [name_u]Addison[/name_u].
Apprentice (female): This one sounds almost like an insult for reasons I can’t quite articulate. Occupational names are in, but this one hardly qualifies.
Adventure (female): Quite a name to live up to.

[name_m]Bruin[/name_m] (female): I’m not quite sure how to pronounce this one. Is it Broo-in? That’s the only reason I chose to comment on this one; otherwise it sounds fine.
[name_m]Bates[/name_m] (female): [name_m]Bates[/name_m] Motel, anyone? I also can’t imagine naming a kid anything close to “bait”.
Baelfire (both): Sounds like a character from a fantasy novel, not a real baby.
[name_f]Briar[/name_f] (male): I’ve seen this around as a female name, but never the less, it just sounds unappealing. Briars are prickly, scratchy things.
[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] (male): See [name_u]Addison[/name_u].
[name_u]Bayou[/name_u] (female): Maybe it’s because I’m from the south, but all this name brings to mind is alligators and swamps.

Colony (female): A) Doesn’t sound like a baby name. B) This could just be me, but this word sounds negative. It reminds me of colonization, which historically is rarely a good thing.
[name_u]Cairo[/name_u] (both): Seems a bit tacky if the parents have never even been to [name_u]Cairo[/name_u] and have no special reason to name their child such.
Chapter (female): Better left as a word than a name.
Creek (female): Same as above, but I can make a case for it, since nature names generally convert better to names than most random nouns do.
Church (female): I have no clue what your religious opinion is, and there’s no way of knowing what your child will grow up to believe. On that front, this name seems like it would be more of a burden than anything.
[name_u]Cloud[/name_u] (male): See Creek.
Cactus (female): No. Can you imagine all the jokes this name would attract?
[name_f]Cadence[/name_f] (male): See [name_u]Addison[/name_u].
[name_u]Cheyenne[/name_u] (male): See [name_u]Addison[/name_u].
Cavern (male): This word doesn’t sound appealing imo, especially not as a baby name.
[name_m]Castiel[/name_m] (both): Supernatural has taken this one over. On a girl, I think the connection is mitigated somewhat, but for a boy it seems over the top.

Dragon (female): This just seems like a joke. I can’t imagine yelling Dragon across a playground or hearing it called at graduation.
Disney: Tied to [name_m]Walt[/name_m] Disney, and is a near-globally known name. Unless it was a family honour name, I wouldn’t use it, and even then I’d only use it as a middle.
D’Artagnan: Over the top and will most definitely encounter pronunciation problems.

[name_u]Echo[/name_u] (male): I see this as a feminine name, but if you don’t take its mythological roots into consideration, I guess it’s just a word.
Everdeen (female): Very attached to the Hunger Games, but it has a pretty sound, at least. You could maybe ever cut it down to just [name_u]Ever[/name_u].
Eragon (male): It’s not bad overall though, but it’s too heavily tied to the book character.
Ermengarde: Too grandiose for my taste. Might be hard for people to pronounce and read.
[name_f]Earth[/name_f] (female): Too heavy of a name.
Euphrates (female): Reads as masculine to me, and I can see it giving trouble in the pronunciation department.
Elegance (female): Kind of a heavy, unusual adjective name, but it’s not bad. The sound is pretty. It might be a lot to live up to though.
Eureka (female): Too much potential for teasing.
[name_u]Egypt[/name_u] (male): Refer to [name_u]Cairo[/name_u]. Locational names come off as tacky when the parents have no connection to said place.
Exodus (male): Kind of heavily religious imo, but I guess that’s okay if that’s your thing.

I only talked about the ones I thought stood out; the rest I either think are fine or I don’t have enough of an opinion to speak on.

Sorry if I came off as harsh; we just have different taste. There’s nothing wrong with playing around with possible names— I wouldn’t even use some of the names I have in my signature right now on a real child— but if you’re 100% serious about all of these names, it might pay to test them out for yourself, like with the Starbucks test.

Nah not offended at all no plans for kids I was just having fun what I’d like to name them currently lol