Name Lists

[name]Hi[/name] so I have a list,
and I would love, thoughts on names. Name suggestions. Middle name suggestions. Otherwise I may end up with a bubba with 20 first names!

Girls
[name]Arwen[/name]
[name]Esther[/name]
Fluer
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
Clemintine
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Gwen[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]

Boys
[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]/[name]Eliott[/name]
[name]Ewan[/name]/[name]Euen[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Hamish[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Albert[/name]

Thank you !

Girls
[name]Arwen[/name] - Masculine sounding to me
[name]Esther[/name] - Too old
Fluer - Not substantial enough [name]IMO[/name] to stand as a first name
[name]Grace[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]. Especially in the FN spot.
[name]Poppy[/name] - Too nicknamey
[name]Vera[/name] - It could work but there is the [name]Vera[/name] Wang connection
[name]Wren[/name] - Like but it’s a boy name for me so I would use it
[name]Quinn[/name] - Look at [name]Wren[/name]
Clemintine - Good for a middle but I can’t see a doctor with the name [name]Clementine[/name].
[name]Cleo[/name] - [name]Love[/name]
[name]Gwen[/name] - [name]Love[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] - [name]Love[/name]

Boys
[name]Louis[/name] - It’s okay
[name]Elliot[/name]/[name]Eliott[/name] - I knew someone with this name and he was a prick so no for me
[name]Ewan[/name]/[name]Euen[/name] - [name]Ewan[/name] McGreggor?
[name]Theodore[/name] - Like. [name]Theo[/name] is a great alternative or a NN
[name]Hamish[/name] - That character from [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland.
[name]Leo[/name] = It’s okay
[name]Samson[/name] - No
[name]Thaddeus[/name] - No
[name]Ezra[/name] - [name]Love[/name] but I have a feeling this is going to get really popular
[name]Emmett[/name] - Twilight but I would use it regardless. It’s a great name.
[name]Albert[/name] - Okay

Girls
[name]Arwen[/name] - pretty, a bit too [name]Lord[/name] Of The Rings for me, I’d prefer [name]Ceridwen[/name], Eirwen…
[name]Esther[/name] - nice enough, but I’ve never been able to warm up to her.
Fluer - I can never say this…
[name]Grace[/name] - love it, especially up front - classy and timeless.
[name]Poppy[/name] - cute a spunky, though I definitely think it’s best suited as a nickname.
[name]Vera[/name] - cute ans vintage
[name]Wren[/name] - interesting. not my favorite, but I can see the appeal.
[name]Quinn[/name] - I prefer it on a boy, but it’s not terrible on a girl.
[name]Clementine[/name] - [name]Love[/name], love love
[name]Cleo[/name] - best as a nickname, [name]IMO[/name].
[name]Gwen[/name] - again, best as a nickname, I love [name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Gwyneth[/name].
[name]Hazel[/name] - cute

Boys
[name]Louis[/name] - I like this, I’d love to meet a little boy named [name]Louis[/name].
[name]Elliot[/name]/[name]Eliott[/name] - love [name]Elliot[/name].
[name]Ewan[/name]/[name]Euen[/name] - very cool.
[name]Theodore[/name] - classic and strong, I like it.
[name]Hamish[/name] - can’t warm up to him, either.
[name]Leo[/name] - I love [name]Leo[/name]. It’s short and quirky.
[name]Samson[/name] - I prefer [name]Sampson[/name], [name]Samson[/name] doesn’t sound the same way as [name]Sampson[/name], to me.
[name]Thaddeus[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name] - adore
[name]Emmett[/name] - cute
[name]Albert[/name] - love

Overall I like your boys’ list more than your girls’ list. Of your girls’ list I really [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Grace[/name]. I also don’t mind [name]Esther[/name], [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Gwen[/name] (although I personally prefer a full form of the name [name]Gwen[/name], such as [name]Gwendolen[/name]). I notice you listed a few ‘flower names’ for girls - do you like the names [name]Florence[/name]/[name]Flora[/name], [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Iris[/name]?
For your boys’ list, I actually love almost all of them. ([name]Hamish[/name] is a family name so I love it, and [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Elliot[/name] are on my own lists of favourites - they also have beautiful meanings). I think my least favourite of your boys list might be [name]Leo[/name] (but that’s just personal preference…I’m not sure why I don’t care for it).
I think I prefer your boys’ names because they are strong and classic, but not over-used. Somehow many of your girls’ names sound a little harsh or overly masculine to me (ie. [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Arwen[/name], [name]Wren[/name]). These might not be too masculine if they occupied the middle position and were paired with something more feminine, like [name]Grace[/name] or [name]Rose[/name].

A few possible combinations, using both your names and a few alternatives:
GIRLS:
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Arwen[/name]

[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Iris[/name]

[name]Esther[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Esther[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Esther[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

BOYS:
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]

[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Elliot[/name]

[name]Hamish[/name] [name]Albert[/name]

[name]Ezra[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]

Girls
[name]Arwen[/name] – Beautiful beautiful name! I love it.
[name]Esther[/name] – This name probably tops my “names I really want to like” list. There is something so beautiful about it, her story in the Bible is wonderful, and every [name]Esther[/name] I’ve ever known has been a great person. At the same time I find the name harsh and unattractive. :frowning: I want to love this name so badly!
Fluer – It’s one of the names that I feel like belongs to a character in a novel. It just doesn’t seem real to me.
[name]Grace[/name] – Beautiful. It’s overued now, but that is because it is such a stunning name!
[name]Poppy[/name] – My first thought is either all the dogs I know named this or several of my friends grandfathers.
[name]Vera[/name] – Still an old lady at a diner to me.
[name]Wren[/name] – Awesome name! I love [name]Wren[/name], especially as a quirky middle to punch up a more staid first name.
[name]Quinn[/name] – [name]Quinn[/name] is cute, but doesn’t wow me.
Clemintine – Oh my darlin’
[name]Cleo[/name] – I want to meat someone named this. I think I would like it if I knew one, but I just don’t know.
[name]Gwen[/name] – [name]Love[/name] love love! Many of the long forms are pretty too, but you just can’t beat the beautiful [name]Gwen[/name].
[name]Hazel[/name] – Still an old lady to me.

Boys
[name]Louis[/name] – I don’t like it. When I picture a [name]Louis[/name], he isn’t very attractive or nice.
[name]Elliot[/name]/[name]Eliott[/name] – [name]Love[/name] this! Personally I like [name]Elliott[/name], but [name]Elliot[/name] is nice too. My biggest beef with this name is that no one will know how many L’s or how many T’s, but it’s so cute!
[name]Ewan[/name]/[name]Euen[/name] – Does nothing for me.
[name]Theodore[/name] – I don’t like the whole name for some reason, probably the “dore” sound. [name]Love[/name] [name]Theo[/name] though
[name]Hamish[/name] – I can’t get past the fact that it makes me wonder how much like [name]Ham[/name] he really is. I know it’s not pronounced that way, but it’s what I see.
[name]Leo[/name] – Handsome!!!
[name]Samson[/name] – Eh.
[name]Thaddeus[/name] – Very cute! Like [name]Thad[/name] and [name]Tad[/name] as well, but [name]Thaddeus[/name] is awesome.
[name]Ezra[/name] – It’s still a bit old man to me, but it fits in with a style I like so I’m sure I’ll come around.
[name]Emmett[/name] – Very nice handsome name, if a bit trendy right now.
[name]Albert[/name] – Fat [name]Albert[/name]