Name my baby boy!

See the results of this poll: Which sibset do you like best?

Respondents: 92 (This poll is closed)

• Violet and Arthur : 21 (23%)
  • Violet and Edward “Ned” : 10 (11%)
  • Violet and Frederick : 2 (2%)
  • Violet and George : 9 (10%)
  • Violet and Henry : 13 (14%)
  • Violet and Oscar : 11 (12%)
  • Violet and Sebastian : 12 (13%)
  • Violet and Theodore: 14 (15%)

Congratulations on the baby boy!
It’s so hard to choose between [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]! I prefer [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] on his own (so spunky and cheerful) but I do feel like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] (more serious and vintage) is a better match for [name_f]Violet[/name_f]!
No matter what way you go, you have many classicly lovely choices. You can’t go wrong with any of them.
All the best.

Ahh, a boy! Congratulations [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] :smiley: I love every name on your list, but [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], & [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] are my favourites with [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. They all go very well, though.

Congratulations! Boys are so much fun :slight_smile:

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] got my vote — both beautiful, streamlined, classy and contemporary-classic.

Also love [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Edward[/name_m] ([name_m]Ned[/name_m]!) with [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

Congratulations :slight_smile: I voted for [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Edward[/name_m] ([name_m]Ned[/name_m]). I love [name_m]Ned[/name_m] - although [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] is my favorite long form.

Congrats! I love all of your choices but voted for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m].

Congrats! I love your daughter’s name - very beautiful! - and I voted [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] as a potential brother. I think that sibset is lovely!

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] seem like the perfect pair to me!

Ooh, so hard! [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Ned[/name_m] just seems so you, somehow, but my personal favorite is [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] (such a perfect pairing!!). I also really love [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], both in general, with [name_f]Violet[/name_f]'s name, AND for your little family. :stuck_out_tongue: I think I’m voting [name_f]Violet[/name_f] + [name_m]Edward[/name_m] “[name_m]Ned[/name_m]”, though, as it just feels right. Otherwise I’d probably vote [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] or [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], though. You have a great list!

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] are my favorites with [name_f]Violet[/name_f], but especially the first. [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is lovely and very refreshing in terms of boy names. Your entire list is to die for so anything you choose will be perfectly matched with [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] would be a beautiful addition to your list though, I love him a lot more than [name_m]Edward[/name_m] and it could still lend to [name_m]Ned[/name_m].

I can’t quite choose so I’ll comment:

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] - I’m a big [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] fan - in theory. I tend to love him more on paper than said out loud (at least in English; still, he always ends up in my signature somehow).

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Edward[/name_m] “[name_m]Ned[/name_m]” - I love the idea of [name_m]Ned[/name_m]; how wonderful would [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_m]Ned[/name_m] be together?! Such a warm, friendly and cuddly set. I don’t love [name_m]Edward[/name_m] however - he just feels too formal for me.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] - I really adore the full names together; I do think [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] would get shortened by many and I’m personally not the biggest [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] fan (he’s sweet, I just don’t love him) but I still really love this set. [If it could be [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] nn [name_m]Ned[/name_m], now that would be my absolute, definite favourite!]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]George[/name_m] - I like [name_m]George[/name_m], I just don’t love [name_m]George[/name_m]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] - love [name_m]Henry[/name_m], he definitely matches [name_f]Violet[/name_f] perfectly and while I’m not the person to say “unique names are the way to go and people should be surprised by your choice”, [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_m]Henry[/name_m] might be a little too perfect - even for me

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] - another favourite set, has a similar vibe to [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_m]Ned[/name_m] as in it sounds classy, timeless yet cuddly and warm, like hot chocolate, freshly baked cookies and old movies. However, [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] feels a little more modern, a little more on-trend, which does give the set a nice current vibe.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] - my least favourite, I just don’t love the -bash- sound in [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - love this one; I love both [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] (but not Ted), definitely a name you cannot go wrong with!

My ranking would probably be:
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] & “[name_m]Ned[/name_m]”
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] // [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_m]George[/name_m]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]

I like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] the best. I do like [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] but [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is close to [name_f]Viola[/name_f] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], the sibling’s in [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]'s The Twelfth [name_m]Night[/name_m]. Something to consider, but not necessarily a deal breaker.

I have a [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Theo[/name_u],’ so I have to vote for that! [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_u]Theo[/name_u]/[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] are just perfect together!! I love your whole list though. Unfortunately, my husband doesn’t :frowning:

I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]! My second choice would be [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], but in my own opinion [name_u]Theo[/name_u] / [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] goes better with [name_f]Violet[/name_f].