Name One Name that fits the criteria

I’m trying to expand SO’s and my list. His top names are [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_u]Montana[/name_u], and [name_m]Austin[/name_m]. Not my cup of tea at all. We have finally agreed on [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], but I’m only so-so about it. Help me expand my list!! He wants a “beautiful American name that isn’t too popular.” The American is mostly because I have a very European taste in names, and he wants something very familiar in the US.

Name he has vetoed or we can’t use:
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Sofia[/name_f]/[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]/[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amalia[/name_f]/[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]/[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f]/[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]/[name_f]Kathryn[/name_f]
[name_f]Helen[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellen[/name_f]
[name_f]Camilla[/name_f]/[name_f]Camille[/name_f]
[name_f]Mila[/name_f]
[name_f]Millie[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Maelie[/name_f]/[name_f]Maelys[/name_f]/[name_f]Maelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Diane[/name_f]/[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Leia[/name_f]

So if you had to chose just ONE name that you think meet his guidelines, what would it be?

[name_f]Elsa[/name_f] - some foreign flare but well known in [name_u]America[/name_u] because of Frozen
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] - well known but not common. [name_f]Karin[/name_f] and [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] would be cute!

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Alana[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Adele[/name_f]

I’ll give you one pick for different name styles.

Traditional: Eleanor (Roosevelt)
Biblical: Rebecca
New Classic: Allison
Word Name: Liberty
Nature Name: Hazel
Place Name: Savannah
More “Out There” Place Name: Abilene
Unisex: Sawyer
Compound Name: Annabeth
German: Lorelei
French: Juliette
Italian: Silvia
Shakespearean: Cordelia
Scandinavian: Greta

First one that came to mind for me was [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]. I think it has an American feel, but the “s” (rather than [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f]) feels more European.

[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] was my first thought. Then [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], then [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] – nms at all, but fits quite well. Might be a more recognizable place name as kid’s name than [name_u]Montana[/name_u] (though I know a girl named [name_u]Montana[/name_u] who is in her early twenties. She goes by [name_f]Tana[/name_f] exclusively).

I think a fresher all-american girl one might be [name_f]Lilah[/name_f]/[name_f]Lila[/name_f]. I love this name and it has ([name_f]IMO[/name_f]) the best part of [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] without the connotations.

Are [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_u]Montana[/name_u], and [name_m]Austin[/name_m] all girls names?

Does he approve of [name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] for a boy?

What about:

[name_f]Mary[/name_f] (he might like this since [name_f]Molly[/name_f] is a nickname for it)
[name_u]Marian[/name_u] or [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] or [name_f]Maria[/name_f] (same strategy as [name_f]Mary[/name_f])
[name_f]Mona[/name_f] or [name_f]Monica[/name_f] (instead of [name_u]Montana[/name_u])
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]/[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] (same beginning sound as [name_m]Austin[/name_m])

I love the suggestion of [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]. It does not get more American than [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]'s version of Oh [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] (if you were thinking of this as a goofy song, listen to his take on it. It is the perfect ready made lullaby.)

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought was [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]. Or, what about [name_f]Elise[/name_f]?

Edited for privacy.

What is an American name? To me that means all the ugly-trendy stuff like [name_f]Mikayla[/name_f] and Riplee… but to others it could mean Native American, Italian-heritage/Mexican-heritage/Irish-heritage names, even African American names with Swahili roots.

But along the lines of [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_u]Montana[/name_u] and [name_m]Austin[/name_m], with [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] in mind…
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f]
[name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u]
[name_u]Keeley[/name_u]
[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_u]Addison[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_u]Billie[/name_u]
[name_f]Amara[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]

[name_f]Annalise[/name_f] ([name_f]Annaliese[/name_f])

[name_f]Elise[/name_f]? [name_f]Elisa[/name_f]?

[name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]

[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Alabama[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Summer[/name_f]