Name order of Mary / Charlotte?

[name]Hi[/name] All, while I”m not a big fan of 2 middle names, we kind of have no choice in order to make the family happy :slight_smile: She will go primarily by [name]Charlotte[/name], but we also need to incorporate [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] in her name. Which one you like the best:

[name]Mary[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]?

(Older brother is [name]Christopher[/name] [name]William[/name])

Thanks for the help!

I think it depends on your last name. Hmm…

[name]Mary[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: I think this is really pretty! (I like [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], too.)

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]? I personally prefer [name]Charlotte[/name] as a first name to [name]Mary[/name], so I’ll go with this one. :slight_smile: I think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Mary[/name] _______ is lovely, too.

I think it just boils down to which first name you prefer. Good luck! :slight_smile:

Hello. [name]Both[/name] of your name choices are beautiful I like them both but my favorite if definetly [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]May[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name].

If she will be going by [name]Charlotte[/name] then have this as the first name. I like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]

I think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Mary[/name] flows best, although of course it depends on your last name somewhat.

My daughter has two middle names, after her two grandmothers, and I’ve always regretted the order we used, which may have sounded better but put my husband’s mother first and mine second. I realized only later that my husband’s mother, who had eight children, was going to have lots of little girls named after her, while my mother had only two children, and only one married, so ended up with only one little namesake!

The point: In choosing the order of the names, think not just of euphony but of who needs to be honored more for whatever reason and put that person first. Also, I would normally say that if your daughter is going to be called [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] should be her first name, but the old tradition of using [name]Mary[/name] as a first name that is not really used could work in your favor here, in terms of honoring everyone nicely: [name]Mary[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name].

[name]Both[/name] are beautiful choices but since she will be called [name]Charlotte[/name] I think that you should use [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I also happen to think [name]Charlotte[/name] is a prettier name than [name]Mary[/name] but that’s just my opinion.

A word of advice, as a person who has two middle names, I think that if it is important to you that both of these are consistantly used as part of her name you should hyphenate the middle name because otherwise it will never show up on most of her official douments. My driver’s licence, passport, bank records, school records etc. all only display my first middle name even if I list both on applications. The most that has ever shown up on anything from my second middle name is the initial G. on my driver’s licence. So, with that I think you should go with [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name] if you really want to include both in her name. Good luck with your decision!

If you are going to call her [name]Charlotte[/name], then [name]Charlotte[/name] should be her first name. Also I agree that giving her two middle names might make her adult life if filling out documents more difficult. [name]Just[/name] my thoughts.

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

Thank you all so much for your very constructive advice and opinions. It’s definitely been very helpful!

Best wishes to you, [name]Krista[/name]. Please keep us posted! :slight_smile: