Name our Foster kittens

I have just taken in three foster kittens (1 female, 2 male) and they need names! I want 3 names that match or follow a theme but I have no idea where to start. So my question to you: What would you name 3 tiny kittens?

Some ideas:

[name_u]Robin[/name_u], [name_u]Jay[/name_u] & [name_u]Wren[/name_u] (birds)
Éowyn, Legolas & [name_m]Gandalf[/name_m] (Lord of the Rings)
[name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f] & [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] (flowers)
[name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] & [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] (gemstones)
[name_f]Hypatia[/name_f], [name_m]Socrates[/name_m] & [name_m]Aristotle[/name_m] (philosophers)
[name_u]Max[/name_u], [name_u]Alex[/name_u] & [name_m]Felix[/name_m] (x endings)
[name_u]Tiger[/name_u], [name_m]Lion[/name_m] & [name_u]Lynx[/name_u] (cats)
[name_u]Cirrus[/name_u], Stratus & Cumulus (clouds)
Muppy, Huppy & Guppy (rhyming)

Cute!

Maybe…

[name_u]Nature[/name_u] names e.g. [name_u]Fern[/name_u], [name_f]Clover[/name_f], [name_m]Moss[/name_m], [name_u]Forest[/name_u], [name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_u]Brooks[/name_u], [name_m]Bramble[/name_m], [name_m]Woody[/name_m], [name_u]Sky[/name_u]

Space names e.g. [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_u]Nova[/name_u], [name_u]Vega[/name_u], [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m], [name_u]Mars[/name_u], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_u]Comet[/name_u], [name_m]Astro[/name_m]

[name_u]Or[/name_u] names ending in y like [name_f]Maisy[/name_f], [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] & [name_u]Percy[/name_u]

[name_u]Nature[/name_u] and F:
[name_m]Forrest[/name_m] (G)
[name_f]Fauna[/name_f] (G)
[name_u]Finch[/name_u] (B)

Gemstones:
[name_u]Garnet[/name_u] (G)
[name_f]Emerald[/name_f] (G)
[name_u]Onyx[/name_u] (B)

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], and [name_u]Florian[/name_u] (-ian endings)
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], and [name_u]Ash[/name_u] (trees)
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f], [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], and [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] (rose endings)
[name_u]Marie[/name_u], Berlioz, and [name_m]Toulouse[/name_m] (Aristocats)
[name_f]Io[/name_f], [name_m]Cy[/name_m], and [name_m]Al[/name_m] (2 letters)
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f], [name_u]Sylvester[/name_u], and [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] (Sylv starts)
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f], [name_u]Harry[/name_u], and [name_m]Ron[/name_m] (Harry Potter)
[name_u]Harper[/name_u], [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u], and [name_u]Cooper[/name_u] (occupational names)
[name_f]Joy[/name_f], [name_u]Ace[/name_u], and [name_u]Zen[/name_u] (3 letter virtue names)
[name_f]Leona[/name_f], [name_u]Taika[/name_u], and [name_m]Otso[/name_m] (Leona means “lion”, [name_u]Taika[/name_u] means “tiger”, and [name_m]Otso[/name_m] means “bear”. Oh my!)
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_u]Onyx[/name_u], and [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] (gemstones)
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_u]Basil[/name_u], and [name_u]Sage[/name_u] (herbs)

Here are some threesome kitten names we have used in the past for our own litters of kittens…

Berlioz, [name_u]Marie[/name_u] and [name_m]Toulouse[/name_m] (the aristocat kittens)
Cheetah, Panther and [name_u]Puma[/name_u] (wild cats)
Malibu, Bacardi, and [name_m]Captain[/name_m] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] (types of rum)

1 F & 2M:

[name_f]Juno[/name_f], [name_u]Mars[/name_u] & [name_m]Pluto[/name_m]
[name_u]Prince[/name_u], [name_f]Lady[/name_f] & [name_u]Duke[/name_u]
Tolouse, [name_u]Marie[/name_u] & Berlioz

2 Likes

some ideas!

different types of flowers/weeds: clover, thistle, daisy, dandie (dandelion), bluey (bleubells)

Ooh, I love a theme! I might go with…

Kids’ books: [name_f]Ramona[/name_f], [name_m]Peter[/name_m], and [name_u]Henry[/name_u]
Colors: [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], and [name_u]Hunter[/name_u]
TV show: [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_u]Joey[/name_u], and [name_m]Ross[/name_m] for example
Superheroes: [name_f]Wanda[/name_f], [name_m]Bruce[/name_m], and [name_m]Steve[/name_m] for example

[name_u]Banjo[/name_u], [name_m]Bandit[/name_m], and Bubbles :heart:

When I worked in a shelter they’d follow themes. They’d do tv shows or film characters, or perhaps flower names, tree names, animal names etc. I love matching pet names, it’s so cute.

Space:
[name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Arche[/name_f], [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] (all moons)
[name_f]Astra[/name_f], [name_m]Altair[/name_m], Albireo (all stars)
Cassopeia (cassie), [name_u]Orion[/name_u], [name_u]Leo[/name_u] (all constellations)
[name_u]Mars[/name_u], [name_u]Jupiter[/name_u], [name_m]Saturn[/name_m] (all planets)

Plants/flowers/trees:
[name_u]Fern[/name_u], [name_u]Sorrel[/name_u], [name_u]Basil[/name_u]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_u]Cedar[/name_u], [name_u]Elm[/name_u]

Birds:
[name_u]Peregrine[/name_u], [name_u]Jay[/name_u], [name_u]Raven[/name_u]
[name_u]Dove[/name_u], [name_m]Hawk[/name_m], [name_m]Crow[/name_m]

Colors:
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f], [name_u]Indigo[/name_u], [name_u]Red[/name_u]

Fruit:
[name_f]Peaches[/name_f], Kiwi, Melon
[name_f]Cherry[/name_f], [name_f]Apple[/name_f], [name_u]Mango[/name_u]

Food:
Muffin, Bagel, Churro
Twinkie, Waffle, Pancake
Spaghetti, Macaroni, Ravioli
Lettuce, Broccoli, Cabbage

Gems:
[name_u]Jade[/name_u], [name_f]Citrine[/name_f], [name_u]Garnet[/name_u]
[name_f]Agate[/name_f], [name_f]Lapis[/name_f], [name_f]Emerald[/name_f]
[name_f]Amethyst[/name_f], Alexandrite, [name_m]Quartz[/name_m]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_m]Zircon[/name_m], [name_f]Topaz[/name_f]

TV:
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f], [name_m]Frodo[/name_m], [name_u]Pippin[/name_u] (lotr)
[name_f]Cersei[/name_f], [name_m]Jon[/name_m], [name_u]Stark[/name_u] (GoT)
[name_m]Bruce[/name_m], [name_u]Tony[/name_u], [name_m]Steve[/name_m] (marvel)
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_u]Gray[/name_u], [name_u]Natsu[/name_u] (Anime, [name_f]Fairy[/name_f] Tail)
[name_f]Debra[/name_f], [name_u]Dexter[/name_u], [name_u]Harry[/name_u] (Dexter)
[name_f]Ziva[/name_f], Gibbs, DiNozzo (NCIS)

Etc.
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you find some cute names!

I have often used themed names for my pets. :smiley:

[name_f]My[/name_f] sister and I had guinea pigs named Skor, [name_u]Storm[/name_u], and [name_u]Shadow[/name_u].

I’ve also head betas with Z names - Zipper, [name_u]Zen[/name_u], [name_u]Zion[/name_u], [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f], Zodiac, [name_m]Zally[/name_m], [name_m]Zebedee[/name_m] are the names that have currently been used. :slight_smile:

[name_f]My[/name_f] aunt and uncle have had lots of litters of puppies and they’ve had some cute names in themes (my examples are not all or limited to the names they used, the the themes have been adorable). These included chocolate (Hershey, Toblerone, Lindor), seeds (Chai, [name_f]Sesame[/name_f], ), nuts (Peanut, [name_u]Brazil[/name_u], Pistachio), cars (Chevy, [name_m]Ford[/name_m], Toyota), popcorn (Jiffy, [name_m]Orville[/name_m], Cheddar), and space (Galaxy, Asteroid, Jupiter).

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite suggestion though? :heart: They had two “twin” puppies named YouToo (in honour of a past dog named Mitu) and Ditto. [name_m]Add[/name_m] in [name_u]Jinx[/name_u] and I think that’s my favourite suggestion. :wink: