Name poetry

Hello, my husband and I both really like the name [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and I would like to use the name [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], as it is a family name, although I feel disappointed that it is so popular right now. I am trying to decide what flows better…[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] or [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]…thoughts? [name_u]Or[/name_u] are the two names too much together?

Congratulations! and welcome to Nameberry

I love love love [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] & [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] flows much better, and it gets rid of your worries about popularity too.

1 Like

You don’t think the two vowel sounds are too much together?

I prefer the flow of [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] as it helps that the ending and starting L’s become one when they are that way around. There are a lot of similar sounds, so you may prefer to go with just one. However, if these are your two favourite names then they could work, especially if your last name is without L’s, Z sounds and A’s.

Welcome to Nameberry :grinning:

1 Like

Yes, last name is two syllables and rhymes with art.

Congratulations :partying_face::partying_face:

Both are really classic choices and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]’s popularity is understandable it’s very pretty, understated choice. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] deserves more attention I’m surprised she isn’t in use more commonly. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is elegant, chic and very feminine. I think [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] makes an unexpected first name.

Personally I would go with [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] I think [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] upfront feels unexpected and refreshing. I also love the nickname [name_f]Lulu[/name_f]. [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] sounds gorgeous with [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. Great choice!

Thank you for your feedback! We had narrowed it down to [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f], although now are having a hard time choosing, so are considering combining the two first names we love :grimacing:

1 Like

I adore [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]! It’s classic but unexpected and has such a happy sound, plus excellent nickname potential ([name_f]Lulu[/name_f]? [name_u]Lou[/name_u]? [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]? :heart_eyes:). So [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] would get my vote! One other idea–I think [name_u]Lou[/name_u]isa [name_f]Bel[/name_f]le would be perfect to honor an [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]!

2 Likes

The flow isn’t perfect, but I think they are fine together! Both are lovely classics – not too much at all. Besides, using the names you love and that are important to you is more important than flow. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] gets my vote! :slight_smile:

I prefer the flow and feel of [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] :slight_smile:

Seconding! [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] would be real cute.

2 Likes

I think either combo could work, just choose which flows best with your last name :slight_smile:

I agree with other posters in that I prefer [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] as a first name! It’s so lovely and not over-used, but still follows some current trends like reviving classics, and using some of the popular sounds. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is darling.

Isabel is also lovely, but more common which makes it feel less classic and timeless than [name_f]Louisa[/name_f].

Louisa [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is beautiful

There are a lot of the same sounds in both names, but if you love them both, go for it. I agree that [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] flows better and I love [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] as a name more. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is stunning!

I think [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] flows better but I much much prefer [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] as a first name! I know so many Isabels, Isabelles, and Isabellas that it doesn’t feel exciting anymore, but [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is stunning!

1 Like

Isabel [name_u]Louise[/name_u] is really beautiful. If you’re worried about [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]’s popularity, you could use the [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] spelling? Obviously it sounds the same but it’s much rarer…

Though I think [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] as a fn solves your concerns about popularity, I prefer the order of [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. This order gives some space between the similar sounds the SA makes. Also, no one said a person couldn’t go by their middle name… my grandma did for 80+ years.

The flow of [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is better. I think it’s easier to pair names that don’t have the same number of syllables so I can see why you like both [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]. [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] doesn’t work as well since the Ls run together, but of course it’s still pretty :smiley: Good luck deciding!

Thank you so much for all of the input! Definitely gives me a lot to think about…I think I am leaning either [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] or [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Cheers!

3 Likes