Name Poll - Girl & Boy

See the results of this poll: What’s your favorite of the names we’ve thought of so far?

Respondents: 126 (This poll is closed)

• June: 19 (15%)
  • Penelope: 27 (21%)
  • Summer: 10 (8%)
  • Mary-Margaret: 5 (4%)
  • James: 20 (16%)
  • Martin: 10 (8%)
  • Henry: 33 (26%)
  • Other? We love suggestions!: 2 (2%)

I love [name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name]!
For a girl, I chose other…the names you listed do not go with [name]Cecelia[/name], (I’m sorry!) except maybe [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Margaret[/name].

Oh no! Why don’t they go?? I know [name]Summer[/name] is kind of hippie-ish vs. more traditional, but I thought the others were on the traditional side?

Does it help to know we call my DD Cece or [name]Celia[/name] for the most part?

[name]Hi[/name], GMDC! [name]Welcome[/name]!

Firstly, let me just say that [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is a lovely, feminine, beautiful name! It introduces some questions for me - 1) does Miss [name]Cecilia[/name] use a nickname, and 2) what is the last name?

Let’s move on to my initial observations of your name list…

On the girls’ side, you seem to favor classic names, sometimes with a twist (e.g., [name]Penelope[/name]). [name]June[/name], too, is a nod not only to the month but to the past. I love the combination of [name]Penelope[/name] [name]June[/name], too! [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name], separately, are lovely - especially [name]Margaret[/name] - but I, personally, do not care for hyphenated names, and [name]Mary[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] sounds slightly dated and overtly religious (think [name]Mary[/name] [name]Magdalene[/name]) to me. Was that what you were going for? The one - HUGE - outlier in your list for me is [name]Summer[/name]. I think you are trying to honor the season, but I think there could be other ways to honor [name]Summer[/name] if it is important to you…

On the boys’ side, you have a great list of classics, including one of my favorites, [name]Henry[/name]! It is playful and sturdy, like [name]Cecilia[/name], which I like, but it doesn’t really have a clear nickname, unless [name]Harry[/name] or [name]Hank[/name] appeal to you. [name]James[/name] is another favorite of mine, and [name]Martin[/name] is a handsome name that I like in the middle. Considering [name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name] is an author, I’d vote for [name]Henry[/name] [name]Martin[/name] off the list.

Another thing I noticed from your daughter’s name is that it favors the L sound. Is that a sound you particularly like, or would you like to choose a certain sound to focus on with this baby’s name, too? [name]Just[/name] a thought…

On to some more suggestions to go with Miss [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Louise[/name]!

GIRLS
[name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Gloria[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Rosalia[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]

These girl combinations feature repeating sounds - like [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Louise[/name] (L) - [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name], [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Tessa[/name] (T); [name]Rosalia[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] (L); [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Vera[/name] (V); [name]Allegra[/name] [name]Ginger[/name]. [name]Just[/name] some ideas!

BOYS
[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Augustus[/name]
[name]Francis[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Marcus[/name]
[name]Maximilian[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Summer[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] - then i saw that you already have a daughter named [name]Cecelia[/name]. I don’t think [name]Summer[/name] goes with this at all, [name]Penelope[/name] - which is my top name there, goes perfectly imho.

Other suggestions:

[name]Gabriella[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name]/la
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name]/[name]Lilian[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Michaela[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]

Boys:

[name]Henry[/name] - good choice i think.
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Francis[/name] nn [name]Frankie[/name]
[name]Larenzo[/name]

I love [name]Penelope[/name] with [name]Cecelia[/name]! I also really love pp’s suggestion of [name]Allegra[/name]. [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Summer[/name] don’t seem to go as well, although [name]Margaret[/name] by itself would.

For boys, I used to love [name]James[/name] but I’m kind of tired of it now. It is handsome, though, and goes very well with [name]Cecelia[/name]. If it were me, I wouldn’t use any nickname for [name]James[/name]. I voted for [name]Martin[/name] because it is classic and a little more unexpected than [name]James[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] these days. [name]How[/name] about:
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Ross[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Stuart[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]

I voted for [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]…

[name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Cecelia[/name] are great together! For the boys, I think either [name]Henry[/name] or [name]James[/name] would make a great sibling :slight_smile:

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]June[/name] would be adorable or [name]June[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]!

I like [name]Henry[/name] or [name]Martin[/name].

[name]Hi[/name]! I love your names! :slight_smile: My favorites from your list are [name]Penelope[/name] [name]June[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name], and I also love [name]James[/name] and [name]Martin[/name]. :slight_smile:

More names I can see with [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Louise[/name] (love it!):

[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]

[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name] (C theme, though)
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]William[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]June[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], and [name]Henry[/name]. I’m having a hard time deciding which I like better with [name]Cecelia[/name], [name]June[/name] or [name]Penelope[/name].

I apologize, I wasn’t aware that [name]Penelope[/name] was a classic name! The more I thought about it, (and I looked it up on Nameberry) I realized that [name]Cecelia[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] go great together!

I think that [name]June[/name], [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] do go with [name]Cecelia[/name], but i personally don’t really like the names [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Margaret[/name] and [name]June[/name]. I love the name [name]Penelope[/name] and do actually think its the best pairing with [name]Cecelia[/name]. I think that although [name]Summer[/name] is a nice name, it is in contast to the classic, feminine style of [name]Cecelia[/name], and thus i don’t think it goes.

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Beatrice[/name]? Cece and [name]Bea[/name] is cute xx

Thank you for all the feedback! You are all so helpful. I can’t believe how much we’re struggling with naming this baby. Our first was so easy to name for some reason! She is named after our three passed-on grandmothers - [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Lucille[/name] (we think [name]Cecelia[/name] honors both of those names), and [name]Louise[/name].

We do like to include family history if we can with names. The reason [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Margaret[/name] is a contender is b/c [name]Mary[/name] is my mom’s name and [name]Margaret[/name] is DH’s mom. [name]June[/name] is the month my mom was born. [name]Summer[/name] is just my favorite season lol and right about now I’m desperate for it! [name]Penelope[/name] we just love the nn [name]Penny[/name].

[name]James[/name] is my DH’s name, but he goes only by [name]Jim[/name]. My hope would be that our son would go only by [name]James[/name] but I know that is hard to control. I like [name]Henry[/name] a lot but my DH thinks it’s a little bit “soft” - he is however a fan of the nickname [name]Hank[/name]. I’m kind of neutral about that one - I think it’s ok for maybe a sports nickname?

[name]Martin[/name] we like b/c it comes from [name]Mars[/name], God of War and my brother is currently serving in Iraq, so it honors him. It’s also the same root that the month of [name]March[/name] is after, which is when I am due. And hey, has anyone ever met an unfriendly [name]Marty[/name]? I just think of [name]Marty[/name] McFly lol.

I think right now our frontrunners are [name]Penelope[/name] [name]June[/name] and [name]James[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] or [name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name]. I guess we’ll find out in four weeks who is joining us!

Thanks also for the suggestions. Of those suggested, I really like:

GIRLS: [name]Felicity[/name]; [name]Frances[/name]/[name]Francesca[/name]; [name]Julia[/name]; [name]Greta[/name] (as a nn for [name]Margaret[/name]); [name]Josephine[/name]

BOYS: [name]Joseph[/name]

(Incidentally, I loooove [name]William[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] but family politics won’t allow either sadly! And I like [name]Wilson[/name] and [name]Calvin[/name], but I’m trying to stay away from the “en” ending.)

[name]Beatrice[/name] is adorable but DH won’t go for it!

Anyhow thanks again! This feedback is excellent!!

[name]Hi[/name]–I really like [name]Penelope[/name] [name]June[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name] or [name]James[/name] [name]Henry[/name].

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]June[/name] is to die for! [name]Love[/name] it! I like [name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name] or [name]James[/name] [name]Henry[/name]!

Good luck :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]June[/name], but once I saw that your DD is [name]Cecelia[/name], I think [name]Penelope[/name] fits perfectly!

[name]Both[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] are beautiful too!

Good luck to you! And be sure to come back here and let us know when your little one comes into the world! :slight_smile:

[name]Just[/name] wanted to let everyone know that we welcomed a baby boy on [name]Monday[/name] [name]March[/name] 8th! As soon as we met him and saw his dark black hair, we knew he was a [name]Henry[/name], so we’ve named him [name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name] :slight_smile: We’ve gotten a lot of positive feedback about his name, so thank you all for the help and comments!! Take care!

Congratulations, gmdc! [name]Love[/name] the name [name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name]!

Congratulations! [name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name] is an amazing name :slight_smile: