Name Poll...T minus 11 days until due date!

See the results of this poll: Which do you prefer?

Respondents: 75 (This poll is closed)

• Henry Arthur : 20 (14%)
  • Henry Benjamin : 9 (7%)
  • Henry Bingham : 7 (5%)
  • Henry Cabot : 9 (7%)
  • Henry James : 14 (10%)
  • Henry Pierson : 8 (6%)
  • Henry Thomas : 7 (5%)
  • Miles Benjamin : 23 (17%)
  • Theodore Edmund : 21 (15%)
  • Theodore James: 20 (14%)

I voted for [name]Henry[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name], but, to be honest, I could’ve chosen any of them! They’re great :wink:

The only ones I font really like are [name]Henry[/name] [name]Cabot[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] [name]Pierson[/name].

[name]Miles[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]… My very favorite… Much better than the [name]Henry[/name]

I love [name]Theodore[/name] [name]James[/name]! I think it would go wonderfully with [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]. For all your name choices with [name]Henry[/name] as a fn I have to admit I´m just not into that name. But [name]Theodore[/name] has always been one of my favourites and it´s a beautiful classic that will never be dated. And you can never ever go wrong with [name]James[/name] (no matter at what place as a fn or mn). Good luck :slight_smile:

I voted [name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name] but I was torn between that, [name]Henry[/name] [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name], and [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Edmund[/name]. [name]Henry[/name] is my favourite first name, [name]James[/name] and [name]Edmund[/name] are my favourite middle names :slight_smile: They all sound lovely, good luck!

I voted for [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Edmund[/name], my second choice would be [name]Henry[/name] [name]Arthur[/name].
I dislike [name]Miles[/name] so that would be my least favorite of all the options.

I voted for [name]Henry[/name] [name]Cabot[/name] (love the explorer name [name]Cabot[/name]) and [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Edmund[/name], because [name]Edmund[/name] is so grand, interesting, rich and under-used. In fact I found most your middles far more interesting than either [name]Theodore[/name] or [name]Henry[/name]-- would really love [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Cabot[/name], for example.

From your list I voted for two, [name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Miles[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]. I think that both [name]Henry[/name] or [name]Miles[/name] go well with [name]Kate[/name] ([name]Catherine[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]). Good luck!

I voted for [name]Miles[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]. [name]Love[/name] the name [name]Miles[/name] and I like the flow. I am not sure how concerned you are about popularity, but in my area, little Henrys are thick on the ground.

[name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name] made me automatically think of the author, and [name]Henry[/name] [name]Cabot[/name] made me think of [name]Henry[/name] [name]Cabot[/name] [name]Lodge[/name], the Senator. Not sure if that was your intention, but I think many people will have the same thoughts about both names.

[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Cabot[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] James

Thanks for all the input! I knew I went into this poll with way too many options (particularly for fn [name]Henry[/name]), so I’m planning to narrow the list with my husband tonight and perhaps post a poll with just a few names as we seek to determine which name is the best one for our little guy. vandychick, [name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name] makes me think of the author, too, so I initially nixed the idea. Then I realized that for nearly any combo that includes a common fn, a Google search will yield some historic or current figure with that same combo as a fn/mn or fn/ln. I’m a scholar of English literature so we figured the [name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name] combo would be a nod to that aspect of my life. [name]James[/name] is also linked to my husband’s name and a few other special things. I had never heard of [name]Henry[/name] [name]Cabot[/name] [name]Lodge[/name], though, so I’m glad you mentioned that others’ minds may jump to that politician when they hear [name]Henry[/name] [name]Cabot[/name], especially since [name]Cabot[/name] isn’t a very common name. I really appreciate all the responses!

I voted for [name]Henry[/name] [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Miles[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name], and [name]Theodore[/name] [name]James[/name]. I couldn’t choose which first name I liked better. :slight_smile:

The only combo i’m not fond of is [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Edmund[/name]. I like both names separately. I know the names have different meaning, I just don’t like that [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Edmund[/name]/[name]Edward[/name] can both have the same nickname - [name]Ted[/name] or [name]Teddy[/name].

[name]Miles[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Edmund[/name] are my favorites with a last name L—ay

I do love [name]Henry[/name] [name]Arthur[/name], but [name]Henry[/name] L—ay might be too y heavy or rhyming.

christabel, I have had a lot of positive feedback about [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Edmund[/name], but I was wondering the same thing–would it be weird for him to have two names that offer some of the same nicknames ([name]Ted[/name]/[name]Teddy[/name])? You’re the first [name]Berry[/name] to mention it, so I’m guessing that most people in the general population wouldn’t make the connection. We’d be calling him [name]Theo[/name], though I think [name]Teddy[/name] would be a sweet pet name for family to use.

kala_way, I had been wondering if [name]Henry[/name] might be a littel sing-songy with our last name, but I love [name]Henry[/name] so much that I’ve kept it on the table. Would love to hear if others think that [name]Henry[/name] L----ay is too matchy (long e fn, long a last name, both ending in letter y). My concern would be that it would come off as a bit too gentle for a boy with all the soft sounds.