1. Gennaro [name_m]Franz[/name_m]
    1. Bartholomew [name_u]Pine[/name_u]
    1. Gardener [name_u]Niall[/name_u]
    1. Malcolm [name_m]Newel[/name_m]
    1. Christopher [name_m]Swain[/name_m]
    1. Nevil [name_m]Farquahar[/name_m]
    1. Roger [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]

0 voters

Mark as many as you like. Comments welcome.

[quote=“[name_u]Harvest[/name_u]-[name_u]Endellion[/name_u], post:1, topic:359307”]
[name_m]Mark[/name_m]
[/quote]

TBH… None of the above. If I absolutely had to choose, I’d go with [name_u]Chris[/name_u].

Chris, huh? To each his/her own!

Christopher [name_m]Swain[/name_m] is my fave :heart_eyes:

Thanks! I picture a very dreamy dark-haired man.

I picture a handsome novelist who decides to clear his head from writing all day. He lives in a semi secluded house by the beach. On this particular day he discoveres a woman about to plunge to her death by attempting to jump from a cliff. However, he talks her out of it, they strike up a romantic relationship. Lol ok a bit carried away there.

1 Like

I love [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]. Although it is hard to remember how to spell, there are so many nickname options. You could even use [name_u]Ollie[/name_u].

I love it too. It is so much fun to write and say. I like [name_m]Tolly[/name_m] myself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bartholomew [name_u]Pine[/name_u] is stunning… [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] sounds strong and grounded, and [name_u]Pine[/name_u] adds a refreshing, naturey feel.

1 Like

Roger [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] and [name_m]Gamaliel[/name_m] [name_m]Viggo[/name_m] are wonderful

1 Like

I voted for [name_m]Gennaro[/name_m] [name_m]Franz[/name_m] and [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Swain[/name_m]. [name_m]Gennaro[/name_m] is a cool name, and very underused outside of Italy. It should have more recognition.

1 Like

I dated a [name_m]Roger[/name_m] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] and fell in love with the name. In fact, we named my husband’s truck that too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m a they/them. :slight_smile:

Sorry. An [name_f]English[/name_f] teacher here so years of saying it the older way. Sorry.

It’s fine; unlike a lot of other genderqueer people I don’t really get offended unless someone directly says something trans-derogatory.

Thanks, that’s not me. [name_m]Just[/name_m] years of training not to say they makes me forget sometimes.

1 Like

I didn’t know that you guys are trained not to say that! It seems like “Who dropped their pencil?” sounds a lot more natural than “Who dropped his or her pencil?” though, right? ALso, I want to go to college for education; is it taught there or just in the specific schools that you’re teaching in?

Well, I’m an [name_f]English[/name_f] major/teacher and so was my grandmother, so grammatically (at least in the past), the correct way was to say “if anyone would like to pick up her pencil” or ditto, but insert him. It was drilled into us that if you are talking about one person, you say he or she, rather than they, because they is multiple people.

But now it’s all different and 50+ years of training means sometimes I forget. :slight_smile:

1 Like