Name Pronunciations We All Want To Hear

how do you guys pronounce Kosi?

1 Like

I meant to respond to you earlier - sorry for the delay!

I also haven’t found much about it, but I’ve posted podcasts, radio shows, etc. on SoundCloud, which I’ve voiced and produced, and I haven’t ran into any trouble as far as my voice goes. In fact, over a period of three years, they’ve had about 30,000 plays combined, compared to a combined 35 plays of old Nameberry challenges from six years ago (52 if you count my responses to them :wink:).

I do agree with [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], though; you always have the option to delete your recordings once the other Berries have heard them!

2 Likes

thank you! i’m torn between the two pronunciations (your first and third)… i’m not sure which one sounds better or what it would be more commonly received as…

1 Like

I thought I posted this last night, but now I can’t find it, so here are some names that I thought of (If they’ve already been done, just tell me. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t worry about doing it again :slight_smile: )

[name_m]Alaric[/name_m]
[name_u]Calypso[/name_u]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] (Is it different for a girl and boy?)
[name_f]Felicia[/name_f]
Gaia
[name_m]Geoffrey[/name_m] (This one’s always confused me. Is it the same as [name_m]Jeffrey[/name_m], or different?)
[name_u]Maria[/name_u]
[name_f]Oralie[/name_f]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_m]Sigmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]

1 Like

No problem! I would probably guess the first one, but I’m also not sure.

Hey Berries!

After quite a bit of thought, I’ve actually regretted deleting my files from here. When I first joined Nameberry three months ago, I came across this thread from early 2014 which included a SoundCloud link, and I wanted to hear the recordings that other Berries made pronouncing names on that list! However, I only found that all the tracks on that SC account had been deleted, so I decided to record the list using that account for others to hear. I eventually created an SC account for other Berries, but I’ve since deleted it now that direct uploads are possible here.

Because of my experience, I’ve decided to re-post all the recordings that I made here this past week for newcomers to this thread! Besides, I personally don’t mind sharing my voice and pronunciations with the world at all. I tried to sort it in chronological order as best I can.

Master alphabetical names list as of [name_u]July[/name_u] 2nd, 2020 (with commentary):

@BronwynParry1’s list:

@miss_montreal’s list and @anon68906791’s second list:

@rorawhale’s list:

@EJpuddlejumper’s second list and my second list:

[name_f]Elena[/name_f]'s third list:

[name_f]My[/name_f] third list:

@alatari’s list and [name_f]Elena[/name_f]'s fourth list:

@daniemc’s inquiry on Kosi:

@the.vintage.scribe’s list:

As always, don’t hesitate to ask if you want me to record new names!

4 Likes

Yay [name_m]Stuart[/name_m]! I’m glad you’ve reuploaded! I’ll go through and have a listen tomorrow :smiling_imp:

I’m personally not worried about security as this is such a niche recording and can’t really be used for much else. People upload YouTube videos of themselves with their whole face and home in the background! This is relatively quite safe I reckon.

I’ll tackle some of the new names tomorrow as well!

3 Likes

how about these:

Bastian
Blaise
Celestine
Celine
Esperanza
Hadassah
Hugh
Ilyria
Isabel
Mariae
Mariana
Mireille
Nadia
Xavien
Xavion
Zelie

here’s mine:

and a creepy recording cause i forgot 2 names:

3 Likes

Kirsi
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_f]Laureline[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Evanthe[/name_f]

2 Likes

Here are mine!

@EJpuddlejumper

@mermuse

2 Likes

Hey Berries! Here are some more names that I’d love to hear!

[name_m]Alejandro[/name_m]
[name_f]Ally[/name_f]
[name_f]Ambre[/name_f]
[name_u]Andrea[/name_u]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_u]Cade[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Chrystal[/name_f]
[name_u]Dana[/name_u]
[name_f]Hanna[/name_f]
Kamie
[name_u]Kayden[/name_u]
[name_f]Kaylyn[/name_f]
[name_u]Kendall[/name_u]
[name_f]Mikaela[/name_f]
[name_u]Peyton[/name_u]
[name_f]Tamara[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamera[/name_f]
[name_m]Terrell[/name_m]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_m]Tyrus[/name_m]
[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u]

1 Like

Hey Berries! I thought of some more names that I would love to hear; most of them came from @dogs_books’s poll thread!

[name_u]Addison[/name_u]
[name_m]Alessandro[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_f]Aravis[/name_f]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_m]Carolus[/name_m]
[name_f]Elva[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Katerina[/name_f]
[name_f]Katia[/name_f]
[name_f]Katie[/name_f]
Kharis
[name_f]Merlene[/name_f]

2 Likes

here’s those few!

1 Like

and yours!

1 Like

this list:

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Marguerite is my full name!

Mar-geh-reet is how I pronounce it (but a little more [name_u]French[/name_u]).

1 Like

You have a beautiful name! And thank you, I’m always curious as to how it should be pronounced :slight_smile:

1 Like

So this was fun! :grin: I did the long list from [name_u]July[/name_u] 7, plus everyone’s additions since then. Sorry for a couple of pauses and corrections (my brain had to catch up with my mouth… oh and the last name really threw me on pronunciation - apologies if I butchered it). [name_f]My[/name_f] voice was also getting tired toward the end.

For context, I’m Australian (although I often get asked “where I’m from” so I don’t know that “sound” particularly Australian). Heritage-wise, I am half [name_m]Dutch[/name_m] and the other half is Scottish, Irish, [name_f]English[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] first language is [name_f]English[/name_f], and second language is (now very rusty) Spanish.

Update: it uploads the sound and then gives me an error message :sob::thinking: I’ll keep trying…

1 Like

Maybe try multiple times when you try to post a response? I’ve noticed that it usually works around the fourth or fifth time that I try to upload a recording.

3 Likes