Name question

We are thinking of naming our little one [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] (undecided on a middle name), [name_f]Evie[/name_f] (eh-vee) as a nickname.

[name_f]My[/name_f] only hesitation is my husband’s ex wife is named [name_f]Amy[/name_f] and her middle name is [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]. She doesn’t go by [name_f]Amy[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u], just [name_f]Amy[/name_f]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you guys think this is too similar a name? I don’t want her to think we played off of her name to get our daughter’s name because we didn’t. Am I just being a weirdo and hormonal? ”

[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and [name_f]Amy[/name_f] aren’t similar at all… if her FIRST name was [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] I could see your hesitation but it would still be silly not to use the name you love. [name_m]Just[/name_m] because her mn is [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] doesn’t mean any name containing [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] is out, it’s such a common middle name. Use it!

I would never have made the connection. I agree with the pp that they are not similar at all.

Not too similar at all!

They only similarity between [name_f]Amy[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is that they have a ‘y’ in them. There’s absolutely no connection between the two. [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] is a big filler name, so I wouldn’t even give it a second thought.

Not remotely close. [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is beautiful.

I wouldn’t have made the connection at all if you hadn’t pointed it out,and its still doesn’t stick out a me. I think its perfectly fine and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is a beautiful name!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Not close :slight_smile: [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is a beautiful name.

Thank you :slight_smile::slight_smile:

Exactly what she said.

I dont think they are similar at all. If she went by [name_f]Amy[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] then I would say that [name_f]Amy[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] & [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] are similar.

Good luck & best wishes :slight_smile:

I think you guys are safe. [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is a BEAUTIFUL name. Go for it!

No they are not too similar and I don’t they anyone would make that connection especially since she doesn’t use her middle name on a regular basis.