Name question

Thank you :slight_smile:

I personally don’t find the connection in them, but if it’s to the point where you/your husband can’t look at or hear the name without thinking of [name_f]Amy[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u], then I’d advise you not to choose it.

If [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] is her middle name and she rarely uses it, not many people will know it. Mostly just her family, who I’m assuming you’re not really in touch with any more? [name_m]Even[/name_m] if there are still mutual friends, it’s not something that will come up.

Also, there’s no way anyone would ever think your daughter was named for her father’s ex-wife.

[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] will become your daughter’s name and your first reference with the name, and other people with the name [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] or even [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] will be a second thought if you think of them at all. So use [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] if that’s the name you love.

[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] “Ev-ie” is very pretty and elegant. DH and I have a relative with a little girl named [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] “[name_f]Eve[/name_f],” the same age as our son. “[name_f]Eve[/name_f]” is a gorgeous little dolly with white-blonde [name_f]Shirley[/name_f] [name_u]Temple[/name_u] curls. Too cute! The other [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]'s I know are about 80, 30, and 18. I like [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] because it is timeless and a woman can wear it well her entire life. If you love it, go for it!

I agree with the others about it not being glaringly obvious, [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] IS a filler name so it’s very common (I’m sure there’s at least one in every family), and other than “[name_u]Lyn[/name_u],” there’s nothing similar.

If [name_f]Amy[/name_f] doesn’t go by [name_f]Amy[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] (and maybe even if she did), I wouldn’t make the connection. [name_f]Amy[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]/[name_f]Evie[/name_f] have very little in common to my ear.

Nope no connection go for it

I totally get your hesitation. Probably partly hormones but good to give it a second thought if you feel uncomfortable! They aren’t too close, plus if you start off calling her [name_f]Evie[/name_f], barely anyone will even blink? Does anyone in your future baby’s life but your DH even know her mn?

We had to steer clear of ANYTHING resembling Marilaine (my DH’s ex-GF) which was very very sad. But I agreed I wanted no connection.

Would you entertain the similar [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]? or [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] to get to [name_f]Evie[/name_f]?

[name_m]Just[/name_m] his immediate family might know her middle name. But like I said, no one calls her by both names on a daily basis. [name_m]Just[/name_m] [name_f]Amy[/name_f].

We wanted to keep our name choices a secret but because of this I asked my sister who is very honest with me. Too honest sometimes. :slight_smile:” She loves the name and she said it isn’t similar at all.

I think we are going to go with [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. I really can’t imagine her with any other name now. :slight_smile:

As someone who is named [name_f]Amy[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]…I would not think the names have any relation. :-).

Thank you :blush: