Name Quiz

This is a name quiz I made and want as many people as I can to fill it out!

1. What is your daughter/future daughter’s first and middle name(s)?
  2. [name]How[/name] did you think of it?
  3. If you had another daughter, what would their name be?
  4. What is a name that you love but would never use on a child of your own?
  5. What is your favourite common first name([name]Ashley[/name], [name]Jessica[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Abigail[/name] etc etc)?
  6. What is your favourite common middle name trend if you had to choose one([name]Ann[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Marie[/name], etc ect)?
  7. Would you ever use your name as a middle name?

Mine:

1. [name]Brigette[/name] [name]Michelle[/name]
  2. I really like [name]Brigette[/name], even though I dont know exactly what spelling I am going to use. [name]Michelle[/name] is my mothers name, and I really like it.
  3. I guess the first name would be [name]Rose[/name]. I actually like [name]Rose[/name] [name]Bethany[/name] or [name]Rose[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]. The middle names always change.
  4. There is a name I love but would never use, its Jain on a boy.
  5. My favourite common first name is [name]Jessica[/name], although [name]Ashley[/name] is nice too but its not exactly common because I spell it [name]Ashlee[/name] a lot.
  6. I guess I would choose [name]Marie[/name]. I wouldnt use it really though because of its popularity, but [name]Marie[/name] is a pretty name.
  7. No. My name is [name]Isabella[/name], and I dont really like it. Maybe I would use my middle name, [name]Maryanne[/name], but not my first name. Although, I like my nickname, [name]Bella[/name].
  1. What is your daughter/future daughter’s first and middle name(s)? [name]Riley[/name] [name]Isabella[/name]
  2. [name]How[/name] did you think of it? Is like [name]Riley[/name] alot, so long I cant remember. [name]Isabella[/name] is the only female name I like so much that can be dutch pronounced (inlike [name]Eleanor[/name] or [name]Penelope[/name] or [name]Phoebe[/name] or [name]Dawn[/name], …)
  3. If you had another daughter, what would their name be? [name]Eden[/name] [name]Finley[/name]!
  4. What is a name that you love but would never use on a child of your own? Gosh, i guess [name]Penelope[/name]. I love it really, but i can see the pronounciation problems lurking from a mile!
  5. What is your favourite common first name([name]Ashley[/name], [name]Jessica[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Abigail[/name] etc etc)? Does [name]Isabella[/name] count here? Or else it would be [name]Emma[/name] (?)
  6. What is your favourite common middle name trend if you had to choose one([name]Ann[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Marie[/name], etc ect)? [name]Lynn[/name]! I like it but it is so short! I also like [name]Elizabeth[/name] as a mn.
  7. Would you ever use your name as a middle name? [name]Suzanne[/name]? No, i dont think so. Unless my future hubby wants to honor family members, and i guess as the parents we would go first in honoring!

This sounds like fun!

1. [name]Lisbeth[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name].
  2. [name]Both[/name] names come from book heroines: [name]Lisbeth[/name] Salander from the Millenium Triology, and [name]Scarlett[/name] O’[name]Hara[/name] from Gone With the Wind.
  3. Eireann [name]Estera[/name].
  4. [name]Andromeda[/name]. It’s beautiful, but probably a little too out there for people.
  5. [name]Anne[/name].
  6. [name]Elizabeth[/name].
  7. Would I use [name]Hannah[/name] as a middle name…probably not. If I gave one of my children a family name it wouldn’t be mine.
    [name]Nora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
    I’ve always loved [name]Nora[/name]. [name]Josephine[/name] is just so perfect in the middle I think!
    [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Adele[/name], [name]Maeve[/name] or [name]Rose[/name].
    [name]Harriet[/name]. I love it so much but can’t picture it with my other favourites!
  5. What is your favourite common first name([name]Ashley[/name], [name]Jessica[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Abigail[/name] etc etc)?
    [name]Sarah[/name], because its my own name :slight_smile: I think its simple, pretty and suits anyone. [name]Even[/name] with popularity I think [name]Sarah[/name] remains classy!
  6. What is your favourite common middle name trend if you had to choose one([name]Ann[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Marie[/name], etc ect)?
    I think [name]Rose[/name] always sounds nice in the middle, no matter what the fn is!
    Not with any of my favourites.
    [name]Nora[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] sounds awful. [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] sounds too sharp. [name]Adele[/name] [name]Sarah[/name], just no. [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] is alright, as well as [name]Rose[/name] [name]Sarah[/name].
    None are good enough though!

:slight_smile:

1. What is your daughter/future daughter’s first and middle name(s)? [name]Margery[/name] [name]Hania[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
  2. [name]How[/name] did you think of it? I love [name]Margery[/name]- I don’t know any, [name]Hania[/name] which is a form of [name]Hannah[/name] after my best friend, and I love pearl.
  3. If you had another daughter, what would their name be? [name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]/[name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Jade[/name]/[name]Scarlet[/name] [name]Adelle[/name]/[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
  4. What is a name that you love but would never use on a child of your own? [name]Florence[/name]
  5. What is your favourite common first name([name]Ashley[/name], [name]Jessica[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Abigail[/name] etc etc)? [name]Emma[/name] or [name]Abigail[/name]
  6. What is your favourite common middle name trend if you had to choose one([name]Ann[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Marie[/name], etc ect)? If I must, [name]Faith[/name].
  7. Would you ever use your name as a middle name? Probably not
  1. I don’t have a daughter yet, and I know this is terribly boring but I prefer not to share my list for privacy reasons (if I get to use my favourites, they are quite distinctive).
  2. A name has to have a few things to be my perfect name - I have to love the name on its own, then I have to love one of the nicknames (sometimes I pick the nickname before I pick the full name to go with it), and then it has to have that something extra, be it a great meaning, a great namesake or personal meaning to me, e.g. a name from a favourite book.
  3. See #1, sorry.
  4. There are a few - probably the great scarlet women names, [name]Delilah[/name], [name]Jezebel[/name] and [name]Circe[/name]. I love all of them, but wouldn’t do that to my child.
  5. [name]Isabel[/name].
  6. I love [name]Rose[/name], and like [name]Marie[/name] … but only as first names. I’ll pick [name]Marie[/name], as [name]Rose[/name] is getting so much use right now that I’m sick of it in the middle, but [name]Marie[/name]'s moment has mostly passed.
  7. No. I understand the mother-daughter connection idea, but to me it still feels like honouring myself, and I find that a little bizarre. Besides, there are too many other beautiful names that I like and aren’t already in my family! If my children want to honour me in my grandchildren’s names, though, I would be flattered.

[quote=“fabunamer”]This is a name quiz I made and want as many people as I can to fill it out!

• [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Titania[/name] (nn [name]Lenny[/name])
  1. [name]How[/name] did you think of it?
  • [name]Evelyn[/name] is a family name and [name]Titania[/name] is from a Shakespear book I was reading when found out I was pregnant.
  1. If you had another daughter, what would their name be?
  • [name]Louisa[/name] would be their first name for sure, their middle name would be from whatever book we were reading when we found out we were pregnant.
  1. What is a name that you love but would never use on a child of your own?
  • [name]Scarlett[/name] (rhymes with my last name) or [name]Atticus[/name] because it is so unknown and he may be teased.
  1. What is your favourite common first name([name]Ashley[/name], [name]Jessica[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Abigail[/name] etc etc)?
  • [name]Elizabeth[/name] for a girl and [name]William[/name] for a boy.
  1. What is your favourite common middle name trend if you had to choose one([name]Ann[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Marie[/name], etc ect)?
  • [name]Leigh[/name] for a girl and [name]Michael[/name] for a boy.
  1. Would you ever use your name as a middle name?
  • My name is [name]Sarah[/name] so I can’t see it as a middle name.
  1. [name]Juno[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
  2. [name]Juno[/name] is just my all time favorite name. I love it’s mythological connection, I love it’s sound, I love that it happens to be the name of my all time favorite movie. [name]Matilda[/name] was my favorite book when I was little and I’ve always found the name enchanting.
  3. [name]Iris[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
  4. [name]Emmanuelle[/name] - it’s too close to the masculine [name]Emanuel[/name] for me to really ever use.
  5. [name]Elizabeth[/name] & [name]Emily[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are so classic and pretty, [name]Elizabeth[/name] is still usable, but [name]Emily[/name] had its peak and now it’s just too overused.
  6. [name]Rose[/name]. It sounds amazing with any name!
  7. No, my name ([name]Lisa[/name]) doesn’t sound great in the middle. But my middle name, [name]Paige[/name], is definitely usable. I would use a form of my name as a middle though, like [name]Lise[/name] or [name]Elisabeth[/name].
    Well I don’t know for sure, but probably [name]Elizabeth[/name] and I’ll call her [name]Betsey[/name]. I don’t know the middle name yet.
    Always been my favorite name, and is also my moms favorite name
    My current choice would be [name]Susanna[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Sage[/name]. Nickname prob. [name]Sookie[/name], but maybe [name]Susie[/name] or [name]Sadie[/name].
    Sooo many! [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Francesca[/name], [name]Electra[/name], [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Apolline[/name], etc.
    I looooooooove [name]Sophia[/name]! Also love [name]Olivia[/name].
    [name]Rose[/name], [name]Marie[/name], [name]Ann[/name]. [name]Love[/name] them all.
    No, but only because i don’t like my name. I would maybe use my middle name for a daughter, after I’ve used all the other family names i want to use

Oooh, fun!

1. What is your daughter/future daughter’s first and middle name(s)? My daughter’s are Esm” [name]Suzanne[/name] and [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Delphine[/name], and my favorite right at this moment (it fluctuates) for a future daughter is [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Willa[/name] or [name]Willa[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name].
  2. [name]How[/name] did you think of it? We chose Esm” because it means “beloved” and has the cute nickname [name]Maisy[/name] - [name]Suzanne[/name] means “lily” and is in honor of my mother [name]Lilliana[/name]. I think we found Esm” when browsing a list of French names (DH is French, and we wanted a name to honor that). For our second daughter, we wanted a Norwegian name to honor my heritage, and [name]Ingrid[/name] seemed one of the most accessible. It also means “hero’s daughter”, which is a great meaning. [name]Delphine[/name] is in honor of DH’s mother who’s maiden name was [name]Del[/name] R”o (her family was originally from Spain), but ended up going by [name]Delly[/name] pretty much her entire life because of the unusualness of her last name in [name]France[/name] and her common first name. [name]Beatrix[/name] was actually just suggested to me, and I really like it, and [name]Willa[/name] is from my grandmother’s name, [name]Wilhelmine[/name].
  3. If you had another daughter, what would their name be? [name]Luna[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
  4. What is a name that you love but would never use on a child of your own? [name]Soleil[/name]
  5. What is your favourite common first name([name]Ashley[/name], [name]Jessica[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Abigail[/name] etc etc)? [name]Addison[/name] for the new generation and [name]Julie[/name] for my generation.
  6. What is your favourite common middle name trend if you had to choose one([name]Ann[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Marie[/name], etc ect)? [name]Marie[/name] or [name]Rose[/name]
  7. Would you ever use your name as a middle name? No because while I don’t mind my name (I think it fits me), I have always hated its spelling. Plus, there are other people I’d rather honor in the middle name spot.
  • [name]Sydnee[/name]
  1. Well there are a lot, but if I had to pick right now I would go with: [name]Alice[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
  2. I’ve just always liked [name]Alice[/name]. It’s feminine, but strong. A classic, but doesn’t feel like it needs cobwebs brushed off of it. [name]Juliet[/name] because I like [name]Shakespeare[/name] names, and [name]Juliet[/name] is one of the most accessible.
  3. Also so many possibilities in my head, but if i had to pick right now: [name]Bridget[/name] [name]Maria[/name]. [name]Bridget[/name] honors half my heritage, plus I just like it. [name]Maria[/name] because I grew up Catholic, and I always loved the name.
  4. [name]Astrid[/name]. I just love the background and how it sounds, plus it Honors the other half of my heritage, but I just think its a little too far out there for a first name right now. I would consider it for a middle though.
  5. I’d say [name]Sophia[/name]. It’s really popular right now and was my favorite for years.
  6. [name]June[/name]. It’s a hot middle right now, and I really like it.
  7. Well I’m male, so no, definitely not for my daughter. And for a son probably also not. I like giving middle names for family members, but naming your kid after yourself seems so egotistical to me.
  1. What is your daughter/future daughter’s first and middle name(s)? Not completely set on it and it will be a while before I have any children but right now my favourite is, [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Astrid[/name]

2. [name]How[/name] did you think of it? [name]Rosemary[/name] has nothing but positive associations for me, plus I adore all of the nickname possibilities, especially [name]Romy[/name]. I love [name]Astrid[/name] a lot and I have a thing for scandinavian names and I also think [name]Astrid[/name] Lingren is a genious.

3. If you had another daughter, what would their name be? [name]Althea[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], I love [name]Althea[/name] a lot and it honours my Greek heritage and [name]Juliet[/name] honours family.

4. What is a name that you love but would never use on a child of your own? I love [name]Ursula[/name], but I am a huge Disney geek so I would be pretty mean to use it.

5. What is your favourite common first name([name]Ashley[/name], [name]Jessica[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Abigail[/name] etc etc)? [name]Ava[/name], it is so beautiful and I hate how popular it is!

6. What is your favourite common middle name trend if you had to choose one([name]Ann[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Marie[/name], etc ect)? I love [name]Rose[/name] so, so much.

7. Would you ever use your name as a middle name? Nope. I don’t like the idea of naming a child after myself, and my name comes with a ton of pronunciation problems. I do really like my name though, just not that much.

Literaturegeek, I really love the idea of choosing a middle from whatever book you are reading when you find out you are pregnant … Hmm, a real consideration for the future.

[name]Auburn[/name]

1. What is your daughter/future daughter’s first and middle name(s)? [name]Iris[/name] [name]Leia[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
  2. [name]How[/name] did you think of it? We were name searching a few days after I found out I was pregnant and my husband said “what about [name]Iris[/name]” and I was in love. He always wanted to name a little girl [name]Leia[/name], being a mega-[name]Star[/name] Wars fan, so I said “what about [name]Iris[/name] [name]Leia[/name]” and we had our name that day…now, I hate using family names but my grandmother just had to make me feel guilty about not continuing the “[name]Ann[/name] as a mn” tradition in our fam so she became [name]Iris[/name] [name]Leia[/name] [name]Ann[/name].
  3. If you had another daughter, what would their name be? [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
  4. What is a name that you love but would never use on a child of your own? [name]Cadence[/name], my MOST favorite name of all time, only because we already have several [name]Katie[/name]'s in the family and I wouldn’t be able to call “[name]Cady[/name]” at our family get-togethers without at least 10 people turning around.
  5. What is your favourite common first name([name]Ashley[/name], [name]Jessica[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Abigail[/name] etc etc)? [name]Kate[/name]/[name]Katie[/name]
  6. What is your favourite common middle name trend if you had to choose one([name]Ann[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Marie[/name], etc ect)? [name]Rose[/name]
  7. Would you ever use your name as a middle name? Nope. I like my name but not that much ([name]Marcy[/name])

Yeah, my husband and I met in a library so it was fitting. this is why I also have a [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Caspian[/name] (chronicles of narnia) and am about to have a [name]William[/name] [name]Rohan[/name] (lord of the rings).

[quote=“fabunamer”]This is a name quiz I made and want as many people as I can to fill it out!

1. What is your daughter/future daughter’s first and middle name(s)? [name]Laura[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
  2. [name]How[/name] did you think of it? My husband [name]Kent[/name] thought of [name]Laura[/name] after his grandmother. I thought of [name]Elizabeth[/name] because it’s my favorite girl’s name.
  3. If you had another daughter, what would their name be? Either [name]Alice[/name] or [name]Veronica[/name].
  4. What is a name that you love but would never use on a child of your own? [name]Lucy[/name] because I don’t like it with my last name. Probably [name]Henry[/name], too. Same reason as [name]Lucy[/name].
  5. What is your favourite common first name([name]Ashley[/name], [name]Jessica[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Abigail[/name] etc etc)? [name]Abigail[/name].
  6. What is your favourite common middle name trend if you had to choose one([name]Ann[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Marie[/name], etc ect)? [name]Ann[/name] or [name]Anne[/name].
  7. Would you ever use your name as a middle name? I would use [name]Susannah[/name].
  1. [name]Lauren[/name] [name]Jeanne[/name].

2. [name]Lauren[/name]'s been my favorite name for nearly 8 years, [name]Jeanne[/name] is my mom’s name.

3. [name]Bailey[/name] [name]Grace[/name].

4. [name]Henrietta[/name].

5. [name]Lauren[/name].

6. [name]Lynn[/name].

7. Yes.

1. What is your daughter/future daughter’s first and middle name(s)?: I would like to say… [name]Pandora[/name] [name]Tuesday[/name], or [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Tuesday[/name]. <33
  2. [name]How[/name] did you think of it?: [name]Pandora[/name] [name]Tuesday[/name] came from a friend, and I just think that [name]Ophelia[/name] would work good also.
  3. If you had another daughter, what would their name be?: Hum. [name]Pandora[/name] (or [name]Ophelia[/name]) [name]Tuesday[/name] and… [name]Alastriona[/name] [name]Helen[/name]? That was spur of the moment, tehe.
  4. What is a name that you love but would never use on a child of your own?: Rhamantus, probably.
  5. What is your favourite common first name([name]Ashley[/name], [name]Jessica[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Abigail[/name] etc etc)?: [name]Sarah[/name].
  6. What is your favourite common middle name trend if you had to choose one([name]Ann[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Marie[/name], etc ect)?: If I had to choose one… well, [name]Anne[/name] or [name]Marie[/name]. I love, love, [name]LOVE[/name] them as first names.
  7. Would you ever use your name as a middle name?: No.
    I don’t plan on having children, and my favorite names change often… today, it would probably be [name]Cora[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]

I adore [name]Beatrix[/name] (and the nicknames [name]Trixie[/name] and [name]Bea[/name]), but it’s next to impossible to find a middle name that flows after that pesky x, so [name]Beatrix[/name] stays in the middle. I thought a two-syllable name ending in a would sound good with it, hence [name]Cora[/name], which is old-fashioned and sweet, like [name]Beatrix[/name].

To go with [name]Cora[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name], I like [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Mae[/name]

[name]Sage[/name] (because it’s my middle name) and [name]Eliana[/name] (the name of someone I dislike)

Girls: [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Leah[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Olivia[/name]
    Boys: [name]Caleb[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name] (it’s at #70 now! who knew it had gotten so popular?), [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Jack[/name]

[name]Rose[/name], definitely. It sounds good with almost any first name!

No way. My (hypothetical) children deserve names of their own.

[name]Helena[/name] [name]Marian[/name]

1. [name]How[/name] did you think of it?

Not sure, loved it for a long time, several occurrences have made it seem very “meant to be”. [name]Marian[/name] is a family name.

1. If you had another daughter, what would their name be?

[name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Holland[/name]

1. What is a name that you love but would never use on a child of your own?

Ugh, I’m thinking [name]Grier[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Grier[/name] – I really do, but everyone hates it. I wouldn’t want to give my daughter a name she would end up hating.

1. What is your favourite common first name([name]Ashley[/name], [name]Jessica[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Abigail[/name] etc etc)?

[name]Sophia[/name] or [name]Ava[/name]

1. What is your favourite common middle name trend if you had to choose one([name]Ann[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Marie[/name], etc ect)?

[name]Kate[/name] :slight_smile:

1. Would you ever use your name as a middle name?

It wouldn’t flow well, I don’t think. Maybe my maiden name.