Name Rants

I was literally thinking about PM’ing you about it today, I love your names, you always make combos that are so out of the box and stunning it’s amazing, be proud

1 Like

your style is amazing & i would love to name a kiddo with you !!!

1 Like

i feel like i would love louisa and yet it just reminds me of raphael’s sister from jane the virgin :sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

The name nerd in me dies inside when my friends and high school classmates pick ridiculous names for their kids. I want to message them name lists and say, “Hey, take a look at this list and see if you like any of these names better! Please!” (Note: I’ve never done that. It’s their kid, not mine. lol)

4 Likes

What’s this assigned partner thing I wanna play too lol :pleading_face:

1 Like

@wittyusername103 Here it is! Compromise with your (assigned) partner!

1 Like

[name_f]Naomi[/name_f] looks like it’s supposed to be a Japanese name or something why is it not Japanese

8 Likes

Oh wait

It’s apparently Japanese too

That makes a lot of sense [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] just doesn’t look Hebrew

2 Likes

[name_m]Just[/name_m] saw twins on social media called [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and Octavia… cute right?

Apparently not to everyone in the comment section who absolutely hated the names and pitied the babies for having to wear them :roll_eyes: Saying “have fun getting bullied”. UGH

13 Likes

The most bullying I can see happening for those names is being lightly teased for their names being “pretentious”

It’s not as if either [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] or [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] sound like anything vulgar or funny.

4 Likes

These cute twins are always on my fyp on Tiktok!! I love [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] as a sibset.

3 Likes

I prefer Nikolai over Nicolai, but prefer nickname Nico over Niko :sob:

13 Likes

i think nikolai ‘nico’ would be fine!

2 Likes

Not really a rant because it’s not my favourite but is funny. I’ve quite liked [name_m]Boniface[/name_m] (Bonnie-fass) since I watched The [name_u]Chorus[/name_u] in Year 8 [name_u]French[/name_u], but I am not [name_u]French[/name_u] so it would 1. look pretentious and 2. be pronounced as bonnie face. :joy:

3 Likes

To me it would look more extremely Catholic than anything else.

6 Likes

When you have way more boy combos than girl combos so you try searching for new inspiration… and you just end up finding 10 more boys names that you like :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

why am I like this

14 Likes

when your favorite name for a girl is dorothea… and your favorite name for a boy is theodore…

and you don’t know who to choose :sob:

11 Likes

You ever have a word that can be so good as a name but it has such a horrible meaning or association, yea that’s me right now. Words Sucia, it means dirty in Spanish, both dirty as in “this shirt’s dirty” and a word for a dirty (literally dirty) or promiscuous woman. It could be so pretty though :sob:

13 Likes

Me with girl names

3 Likes

I’m not Catholic either. Shame their are loads of interestingly named saints. Bring back the names [name_m]Boniface[/name_m], [name_m]Bede[/name_m] and [name_f]Hildegard[/name_f].

2 Likes