Name Rants

EE-dee, but I don’t like either pronunciation :woozy_face:

2 Likes

ee-dee for me as well, though I don’t mind Ed-ee

1 Like

EE-dee. [name_u]Eddie[/name_u] is ED-dee.

1 Like

!! aaa the conflict between elektra and ellie though

the elektra i know doesn’t go by a nickname though so ?! hope

3 Likes

ugh im so jealous of people with cute short name lists since my current name list are over 300+ names for girls and 250+ for boys :weary::weary:

6 Likes

Not exactly a rant, but I’ve been looking at the names I had on my shortlist before I was pregnant with Barnabas and at the start of my pregnancy, which means before I really talked to my SO about names, and how on earth did my taste change this much? :exploding_head: It’s like it was made by another person.

I still love my Icelandic names, but apart from that… Wow.

8 Likes

why do I actually love that ?? saddy sounds great ??

1 Like

The loving a full name but really disliking its nickname is me with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]? [name_f]Lovely[/name_f]. Fabulous. [name_u]Josie[/name_u]? I find the sound very unappealing, and my biggest association is someone’s Rottweiler. :rofl:

4 Likes

When you love a name enough to use it as a first name, but it just sounds so much better in the middle spot no matter what combo you put it in :grinning::triumph:

Annoying.

23 Likes

i’m trying to create some double middles for characters, and my favorite so far is Margot Elisabeth Pearl, but… i’m sure y’all see why that doesn’t work </3

6 Likes

… no? Unless you mean because [name_f]Margot[/name_f] means “pearl”, but that wouldn’t bother me (although I know a lot of berries probably feel differently). [name_u]Or[/name_u] is it something else?

3 Likes

yeah it’s the meaning of margot!! it doesn’t really bother me either but i wouldn’t want someone to see that combo & be like “oh this guy knows nothing about names”

if i can’t find anything else, i’m sure i’ll keep it (':

3 Likes

fantastic! a new weird compulsion regarding the names in my UC that will prevent me from adding combos i like to my list!

(not only can i not keep any combos outside the ones in my UC, but i can’t have any first names beginning with the same letter for the same gender :roll_eyes:)

5 Likes

June Halfmoon looks so pretty, but…

5 Likes

Why can’t I just name every male character [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] in my writings

8 Likes

I don’t know if this counts as it’s more of a “Nameberry thread rant” but where are my twin/triplet rolls in [name_u]Baby[/name_u] A [name_u]Day[/name_u]? I would like to name more than one baby per day, but the dice have been slacking for the past week or so.

5 Likes

Every rant is welcomed here!

Honestly I don’t use a dice for that game, get whatever I want :grin:

2 Likes

Could you declare it a “goes by their middle name” combo? It’s not unheard of :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I know we all get frustrated when we can’t find something to go with a particular name, but do you ever have one that goes with everything so you end up with like ten combos with the same middle? So annoying.

15 Likes

YES

Looking at you, [name_f]Bess[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] and [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] and [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] and [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] (and [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] but different pronunciation)

8 Likes