Name Rants

I can only come up with combos for the names that I like but don’t love.

12 Likes

Same here! It’s almost like the names I love are so perfect that no middles could possibly measure up to them.

8 Likes

I love the sound and imagery of Lainey/Lainie/Laney but all of the spellings look wrong??

15 Likes

Yessss

The pain of wanting a smaller condensed UC but having a ton new combos you want to show off

14 Likes

The pain of wanting a huge and stuffed UC but having very very few combos

11 Likes

I second this :unamused:

Why is Rafael / Raphael the most awkward name to say in English? Like the a-e bit just doesn’t work for me at all because the sounds are so close together…

3 Likes

how come i can easily make all these combos for other people, but making combos i like for myself is impossible??? :sob:

10 Likes

if Polly were usable for me it would be so perfect :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

I recently learned some family drama that has me questioning my number one name I’ve had in mind since I was a child naming my dolls. So conflicted/upset

5 Likes

so true. this also reminds me that i just found out the school in my area nicknamed saint ray’s (that i assumed was saint raymond for some reason even though who knows if that would be a saint’s name) was actually saint raphael pronounce ray-fee-uhl??? :sob:

3 Likes

I agree, the one I like is [name_f]Lainy[/name_f]

2 Likes

Why do I not like any boys names

10 Likes

Why does [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] have to mean “lily?” [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] would be the most divine combo :pleading_face:

10 Likes

update i’ve started to like angus but there’s no way i’m naming my son after a type of cow/beef why does it have to be a type of beef

10 Likes

[name_f]Every[/name_f] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] I’ve ever met (and I’ve met many) goes strictly by [name_u]Alex[/name_u]. [name_u]Alex[/name_u] is fine enough but :sparkles: [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] :sparkles: is just such a stunning name :pleading_face: It hurts my name-nerd soul that they never use it in full

21 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] nephew only goes by [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. He refuses to allow a nickname. I fully agree with you. It is so much better than [name_u]Alex[/name_u]. So, perhaps your name nerd soul can rest a little easier knowing there are a few Alexanders out there refusing to give in. :joy:

3 Likes

Yay! love to hear it haha

it makes me so sad when the intuitive nickname is a downgrade 🥲 seraphina ‘sarah’ has to be the worst culprit :sob:

8 Likes