Name Rants

I’ve started using the spelling [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] just on the forums even though if I were to use it in real life I would 100% use [name_f]Zoey[/name_f]. I’m just tired of “oh if it were [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] I would vote for it” or “except I much prefer Zoe” when it’s unrelated to a question of spelling…

8 Likes

I know I’m just one person but I’m Team Zoey too if it helps!

6 Likes

That’s cool! You don’t have to call me leafygreens, a lot of people on here actually go by names, I go by [name_u]Night[/name_u]. If you wanted you can start going by [name_u]Jadis[/name_u] on here!

1 Like

Why can’t parents yell the name of their kids as much as their kids yell mommy and daddy?!

11 Likes

Oh, I think it’s pretty close in this house at the moment :joy: Especially with [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m].

3 Likes

I have so many names I like but only one that I truly love and could imagine using on a child. So I guess I’ll just have to have one daughter so my other children don’t feel like their names aren’t as special!

2 Likes

I worked in a library and I remember one mom kept yelling at her little girl toddler “River” over and over again for what seemed like no real reason. Like she would find a reason to say her kid’s name every other word. Idk if she was just proud of the name and wanted everyone to know it or what but it really made me dislike the name [name_u]River[/name_u] for a while. :joy:

3 Likes

laurence ‘laurie’ and josephine ‘jo’ would make such a lovely sibset if it weren’t for little women :weary:

17 Likes

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]?
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f]?

1 Like

I have since re-done my combos (Violet [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] & [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] Lily) but [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is really gorgeous!

Why do [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] both have to mean golden??

Like [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] would be such a pretty combo…but no :weary:

6 Likes

I’d still do it too pretty not to :skull:

8 Likes

I wish I could make beautiful two-middle combos that actually flow well :sob::sob::sob:

7 Likes

Something frustrating maybe solely to me - The fact that basically all girls names end in either N , Y , R or sometimes A (less in my style). I like to make 5 kid sets because I want a big family one day but I run out after 3. I know there’s no logical reason why [name_u]Whitley[/name_u] & [name_u]Quincy[/name_u] couldn’t be sisters but my monkey brain goes 'ERROR:CANNOT PROCESS"

11 Likes

Being married to a fellow name nerd may sound like heaven to some of you, but I can tell you sometimes it isn’t. It just leads to endless lists of interesting and perfect and beautiful names that you don’t know how to chose from, and you have to accept that you’ll never use most of them :sob:

24 Likes

Does anyone else get into the mindset of you can’t put a name on your list unless you absolutely love it? There are plenty of boy names that I like, but not many that I really love or could see myself using, and so my boy list is way shorter than my girls list :joy: I feel like I need to be less picky!

12 Likes

That’s the reason why I have a master list, a long list and a shortlist - I get angry with myself if I don’t have enough names but I need somewhere to put them :joy:

2 Likes

Same! I don’t like when sibling names share similar sounds, unless it’s all the names.

If somebody creates a topic, they most likely want responses with reasonings, what’s the point of making a poll if they don’t ask you to?

11 Likes

Exactly!! If I make a topic asking for opinions if I wanted a poll to be there then I would’ve done it in quick poll thread

2 Likes