Name Rants

bianca would be perfect for my list! it’s italian, it ends in -ca, and has the adorable nn bee :pleading_face: why can’t i love it?

8 Likes

i feel the same way!

1 Like

why is it so difficult to choose between cultural names and english names?? i love both and even though i am 10+ years away from having kids it’s a constant internal battle 🥲

10 Likes

i feel the same way!

when i first came up with my combos i didn’t even check if anyone else already had come up with the same combos, i just put them in my uc lol
and then i saw people asking ‘is this combo someone else’s?’ and i didn’t understand it, if you come up with a combo then keep it!

i once came up with the combo felix orion with a friend and days later i saw a birth announcement with that name!! and i was so happy, such a great name and im so glad someone else also thought of that combo and that a person is actually named that! so pretty

6 Likes

coincidentally, I also have [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u] on my list from years ago (I’m so happy to hear someone actually used it!) I agree 100%.

3 Likes

In the kindest, kindest way possible: Quick poll thread is a perfect place for all those alphabetical polls :relieved: Unless you need detailed feedback :relieved: I think it would be the good place to post them :relieved:

18 Likes

I agree! It’s alright to be concerned but the validation-seeking part doesn’t seem to be too necessary.

1 Like

Good question, because [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] is a gorgeous name! lol

i searched for the birth announcement and couldn’t find it! i think the combo was being considered but they went with another name instead, but still the combo is lovely and would love to see it being used :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’m loving [name_f]Summer[/name_f] lately but using it in a [name_m]German[/name_m] context is kind of ridiculous :roll_eyes:

[name_f]Sommer[/name_f] :relieved:

I do wonder if I could (as in legally) but not enough to try

I really like the name [name_f]Ghislaine[/name_f]! But with [name_f]Ghislaine[/name_f] [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] it’s…eh… :frowning_face:

7 Likes

I was literally gonna put that exact thing in this thread yesterday but chickened out

1 Like

If the name was more common it would be fine, right?! But this is the most well-known association :disappointed: That’s always a risk with rare names, I guess.

1 Like

Montessori with the nickname [name_m]Monte[/name_m] has been on my mind today :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

okay, so i’ve fallen back in love with reverie, all because i learned that it sounds very similar to the norwegian word revehi, which means “fox den”. along with the nickname “rev”, meaning “fox” in norwegian! :fox_face:

19 Likes

why do i love all names ending in -io for boys :pleading_face: like give me any name that ends in -io and im gonna love it

to name a few:

rio
elio
remio
caio
lio
ezio
aurelio
tiberio
dionisio
felicio
valerio
atilio
mercurio
nazario

17 Likes

You probably already have on your list but I’ll mention it anyway. I feel like [name_m]Eliseo[/name_m] would fit so well with some of your other uc favorites!

7 Likes

Speaking of one syllable names, the other day I completely changed my combo lists so that all of the one syllable names are middle names. For example, if I had a combo that was a one syllable first name and a three syllable middle name the first name would sound so quick compared to the middle name. I think it would just work better the other way for me :slightly_smiling_face: