Name Rants

Good question, because [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] is a gorgeous name! lol

i searched for the birth announcement and couldn’t find it! i think the combo was being considered but they went with another name instead, but still the combo is lovely and would love to see it being used :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’m loving [name_f]Summer[/name_f] lately but using it in a [name_m]German[/name_m] context is kind of ridiculous :roll_eyes:

[name_f]Sommer[/name_f] :relieved:

I do wonder if I could (as in legally) but not enough to try

I really like the name [name_f]Ghislaine[/name_f]! But with [name_f]Ghislaine[/name_f] [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] it’s…eh… :frowning_face:

7 Likes

I was literally gonna put that exact thing in this thread yesterday but chickened out

1 Like

If the name was more common it would be fine, right?! But this is the most well-known association :disappointed: That’s always a risk with rare names, I guess.

1 Like

Montessori with the nickname [name_m]Monte[/name_m] has been on my mind today :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

okay, so i’ve fallen back in love with reverie, all because i learned that it sounds very similar to the norwegian word revehi, which means “fox den”. along with the nickname “rev”, meaning “fox” in norwegian! :fox_face:

19 Likes

why do i love all names ending in -io for boys :pleading_face: like give me any name that ends in -io and im gonna love it

to name a few:

rio
elio
remio
caio
lio
ezio
aurelio
tiberio
dionisio
felicio
valerio
atilio
mercurio
nazario

17 Likes

You probably already have on your list but I’ll mention it anyway. I feel like [name_m]Eliseo[/name_m] would fit so well with some of your other uc favorites!

7 Likes

Speaking of one syllable names, the other day I completely changed my combo lists so that all of the one syllable names are middle names. For example, if I had a combo that was a one syllable first name and a three syllable middle name the first name would sound so quick compared to the middle name. I think it would just work better the other way for me :slightly_smiling_face:

[name_m]Ah[/name_m] yes, love that game 🥲

2 Likes

made myself go through my lists asking whether i could see names on an adult and they both halved in length :(( at least the cat name lists are getting longer ^^

8 Likes

i have him in my list! thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i like it but don’t love it, maybe gotta give it more time ;))

1 Like

Sorry, I accidentally hit the wrong post to reply to. I was actually replying to @RileyAddison13’s post immediately above the one attached.

Your post immediately brought to mind my own issue — I’ve got a slightly different problem.

I had to mute all of the “I invented a new name” threads. The first couple I went into, I literally saw the first dozen names during my ancestry searches. They usually aren’t new names (with rare exception)… just new to the person writing them in the forum.

3 Likes

I wish people would just ask how someone pronounces their name if they’re unsure rather than making something up and running with it. I have a coworker called Aurelia and the amount of times my boss/and others called her “Ari-ella” today was never ending :roll_eyes:

17 Likes

Ugh, yes. Especially when teachers and educational staff do this to kids who are in their care daily!

7 Likes

[name_m]Just[/name_m] found out [name_f]Elvira[/name_f] is pronounced el-VY-ruh and not el-VEER-uh. Thoughts and prayers appreciated :pensive::pray:

[name_m]Just[/name_m] kidding, it’s still very pretty, but I was disproportionately shocked by this for some reason. Plus now it clashes with my surname too :sob:

17 Likes