Name Regret Question

When naming your child the key is to love the name and then it is more likely that you will not get name regret whether or not you like unusual names. If you go to someone for advice on whether they like your unusual choice and you know that they like names like [name]Jennifer[/name] and [name]Matthew[/name] don’t be surprised if you get negative feedback, that is to be expected. [name]Just[/name] be true to yourself.

You need to be sure that you are not giving the child the name on a whim or by relatives pressuring you for a name.

My son had a very unusual name for his time but my love for his name has not diminished over time rather it has increased over the last 30 years.

Be brave and be true to yourself and if you are doubt about a choice come to us and we will sort you out.

rollo

I honestly think whatever you name your child you will love. Think about it if you love your name or hate it; it is still your name and I couldn’t see myself getting called anything other than [name]Rachel[/name] ;). LOL. [name]Even[/name] though I have met a million of them. I still always say you have a lovely name. Haha! Really!

If it’s any consolation, my sister went through the same thing with the name [name]Ella[/name]. Her [name]Ella[/name] is 11, and when she was named I was totally envious that my sister had found such a perfect, unusual, beautiful name. A few years later…boom. It was at the top of the charts in Australia. :((

But she’s the most [name]Ella[/name]-est of Ellas, and I can’t imagine her being anything else. :slight_smile: