Name Regret (Vivienne); follow up

I posted here about a month ago because I was plagued with an immense feeling of name regret. While I did and do think the name [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is beautiful, it is simply not our daughters name. We toyed with coming up with a nickname that sort of loosely riffed on her name, but all the options felt forced. We contemplated calling her her middle name (Pearl) but it didn’t feel right either.

When I was pregnant I came across a name I fell in love with. Instantly I knew it was IT. But then I asked too many opinions and let myself get talked out of it. Wont make that mistake again.

But at only eight months old, it didn’t feel too late to make a change. One morning, seemingly out of nowhere, my four-year-old son turned to me and said “do you know what I think we should really call Vivi… Selah!” [name_f]Selah[/name_f] was the name that I fell in love with when I was pregnant. We haven’t talked about it in 10 months. But hearing my son say it out loud somehow felt like giving me permission. I smiled and let it go because I didn’t want to read too much into it and then when I picked him up from school that afternoon he said first thing, “so are we going to call her [name_f]Selah[/name_f]? [name_m]Can[/name_m] we call all the family and tell them?”

That was enough for me. I believe that children, like animals, are creatures of intuition. And I think my son somehow knew the whole time what his sisters name should be. So, [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is now [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] and I couldn’t be happier. We pronounce it the Hebrew way, like [name_f]Stella[/name_f] without a T. It is HER name. And once I got over what other people would think (probably a good life lesson in general) the solution couldn’t have been clearer.

Anyway, that’s my story! [name_f]My[/name_f] original post was so long and rambling and it got so much thoughtful reply— that I felt I owed a follow up.

63 Likes

i’m so glad you found the perfect name! and the story about your son is so sweet, it will be a great one to tell them when they’re older :blush: selah vivienne is a beautiful name!

3 Likes

I’m happy you were able to use a name you love <3

[name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is very pretty!

[name_f]Selah[/name_f] is beautiful and keeping [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] as her middle is a great way to still keep a connection to her original name. Great choice! :blush:

3 Likes

I’m happy you found the perfect name. [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is really pretty!

[name_f]Selah[/name_f] is gorgeous. Congratulations on finding the right name for you

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] you finally found the perfect name for her! [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is adorable, and what a nice story :blush:

Selah Vivienne is so adorable, I love it! I’m so glad you did what was best for you :))

Amazing story. So happy for you!

Ok if you had been pregnant and told me to pick between [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] you would have had me at [name_f]Selah[/name_f]. [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is a very beautiful name but so is [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] and with this name you get the whole package… love​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

[name_u]Happy[/name_u] Mother’s [name_u]Day[/name_u] thank you for the update!

Congratulations on finding the right name for your beloved daughter and that’s a lovely story about your son!

Good luck with Everything xx

Gorgeous name! I’m glad you found the right name :heart:

Beautiful name! Congratulations

[name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is sooo gorgeous. Congratulations! You’ve given me a bit of confidence to broach a naming issue I’m having…

1 Like

I’m so happy you had the courage to change it! I love [name_f]Selah[/name_f] soooo much !! I really do believe everyone has a name that’s meant to be!
Iv also been talked out of names so Iv vowed not to talk to family about it next time.

1 Like

i remember your earlier posts, and i’m so happy to hear this resolution! selah vivienne is gorgeous and your son’s role in his little sister’s name story is just so sweet and special :yellow_heart: congrats!

1 Like

Congratulations! Really happy to hear you followed your intuition and that your son had such a lovely role in helping it come to a conclusion too. [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is absolutely gorgeous, she’s a lucky girl.

1 Like

Congratulations!

I’m so happy that you and your family were able to overcome name regret and come up with such a beautiful soultion! [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is absolutely stunning. The part of your story where your son brought up Selah’s name is really touching. It’s definitely worth telling her when she grows up!