Name search is becoming exhausting! Need advice...

I also prefer the s spelling (I suppose as it’s the one I’m used to), but either way, it’s such a lovely name. I’m so glad you’ve fallen in love with it! Have you thought as far as middle names?

[name]Edit[/name]: [name]Just[/name] seen that you’re using [name]James[/name] as a mn. I think [name]Roslyn[/name]/[name]Rozlyn[/name] [name]James[/name] is beautiful and classic. I think you’ve found THE name!

I’m so happy for you!

I also wouldn’t pronounce [name]Roslyn[/name] “[name]Rose[/name]-lyn”; I would in fact be really surprised if it happened. I prefer the “s” spelling too. Have you read “Freakonomics?” In a study of the name [name]Jasmine[/name], those parents who substituted the “s” for “z” were typically more poorly educated, and if I were considering that name it would bother me (even if I had a PhD). I think [name]Roslyn[/name] is a lovely name with a strong Shakespearean pedigree. [name]Roslyn[/name] could easily be Secretary of State. :slight_smile:

I agree [name]Roslyn[/name] is the way to go with spelling. It’s a less common but classic name and there’s no reason to change it at all. Although I don’t like boy’s names on girls [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]James[/name] flows fine. Congratulations on finding a name you both love!

[name]Roslyn[/name] [name]James[/name] is lovely!

I, too, vote for the s spelling as it will be pronounced with the z sound either way and I think the s spelling is more traditional and classier.

Another vote for [name]Roslyn[/name] with an "s,"for all of the reasons previously stated by posters.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thank you all! I do like the “S” spelling better, I think it is more feminine, too. Especially if we do use [name]James[/name] as the mn. As I said before we thought it was going to be mispronounced if it was [name]Roslyn[/name]. But since you all say it shouldn’t be (I’m sure there will be the occasional mispronounciation), then I will go with [name]Roslyn[/name]. My husband always said, as long as he likes the name, he doesn’t care how its spelled! Now I just need to make sure he doesn’t change his mind… he does that quite often, and I’m very worried that he’s going to. I keep telling him don’t even think about it, but once his sister tells him her opinion of the name (it sounds old she said to me), I’m afraid he won’t like it anymore.

As far as the mn… we are most likely going to use [name]James[/name] to honor my husband’s brother who passed away. But, it’s not definite, and we keep throwing around other family names, but we can’t find one that sounds well with [name]Roslyn[/name].
Here are some more mn we’ve tossed around - they are all family names, which is what we want to stick with for a mn. Our last name is an Irish one, that ends in -man (pn men, not man).

[name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Sue[/name], [name]Susan[/name], or [name]Susanna[/name] (his mom, but they weren’t very close)
[name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Mary[/name] or [name]Mary[/name] [name]Anne[/name] (my grandma and his grandma)
[name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name] (my other grandma)
[name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] (this is probably the only one I like other than [name]James[/name], but it is a very, very distant but, dear cousin who is named [name]Josephine[/name], and he didn’t like it too much - we would both rather go with [name]James[/name])
[name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Raquel[/name] (my husband suggested using my first name as her mn)

You’re going with the [name]Roslyn[/name] spelling? Woo-hoo!!! I think it’s so pretty! :slight_smile:

From your new middles, I love [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Josephine[/name].

I think my least favorite is [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Sue[/name], because it gives [name]Roslyn[/name] a country feel to me. (I have nothing against country feels, but prefer them with names that are meant to have more of a country/homey/cozy feel, like [name]Mabel[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name]…I’ve always thought of [name]Roslyn[/name] in more Shakespearean terms.)

I do like the idea of using your name as a middle, but with [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Raquel[/name], both names start with the same [name]Ra[/name] sound. I could better see [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Rachel[/name], because [name]Rachel[/name] has a long A sound.

You’ve got some great family names!

I love [name]Roslyn[/name]! :slight_smile:

Take care!

[name]Hi[/name] again! To add to my above post, I thought I’d ask if you like [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Marielle[/name] to honor [name]Mary[/name]. I love [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Marielle[/name]! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

You’re going with the [name]Roslyn[/name] spelling? Woo-hoo!!! I think it’s so pretty! :slight_smile:

From your new middles, I love [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Josephine[/name].

I think my least favorite is [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Sue[/name], because it gives [name]Roslyn[/name] a country feel to me. (I have nothing against country feels, but prefer them with names that are meant to have more of a country/homey/cozy feel, like [name]Mabel[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name]…I’ve always thought of [name]Roslyn[/name] in more Shakespearean terms.)

I do like the idea of using your name as a middle, but with [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Raquel[/name], both names start with the same [name]Ra[/name] sound. I could better see [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Rachel[/name], because [name]Rachel[/name] has a long A sound.

Take care![/quote]

Well, it’ll be [name]Roslyn[/name], IF he agrees. LoL Like I said, he did always say I could chose the spelling, but there’s always the chance that he might not like it. I do like how it is more feminine though, especially if we go with [name]James[/name].

We didn’t really like any of the mn’s with [name]Rozlyn[/name]. To me, [name]James[/name] still flows the best. We’re just trying to keep our options open, and I figured I’d put our ideas up here to see what you all thought of it. Like I said [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] sounded the best out of all of them, but he doesn’t really like it too much. He said it’s too long.

What about [name]Cinda[/name]? (pp SIN-dah). It’s simple, feminine, somewhat classic sounding, and nowhere near the top 300.

I like the names [name]Anissa[/name] and [name]Cadence[/name] but Im pretty sure you dont see either of them as “the one” I think the second you hear it you should just KNOW that that is the one. Thats what happened with the name [name]Jace[/name], for my son.
So Ill give you a little list and maybe youll find “the one!”

1. [name]Lilly[/name] (bothe mom and dad usually like this name)
  2. [name]Alyssa[/name] (its kind of like [name]Anissa[/name])
  3. [name]Melody[/name] (it relates to music, like the name [name]Cadence[/name] does)
  4. [name]Harmony[/name] (also relating to music)
  5. [name]Melony[/name]
  6. [name]Faythe[/name]
  7. Storie
  8. [name]Ivy[/name]
  9. [name]Brianne[/name]
  10. [name]Robyn[/name]
    [name]Hope[/name] this helps :slight_smile:

Take care![/quote]

Well, it’ll be [name]Roslyn[/name], IF he agrees. LoL Like I said, he did always say I could chose the spelling, but there’s always the chance that he might not like it. I do like how it is more feminine though, especially if we go with [name]James[/name].

We didn’t really like any of the mn’s with [name]Rozlyn[/name]. To me, [name]James[/name] still flows the best. We’re just trying to keep our options open, and I figured I’d put our ideas up here to see what you all thought of it. Like I said [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] sounded the best out of all of them, but he doesn’t really like it too much. He said it’s too long.[/quote]

I think [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]James[/name] is really cool. It’s growing on me!

Is [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]James[/name] what you’re going with? If it is, I like it! Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

[name]Roslyn[/name] is pretty I also like [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name] & [name]Rosamund[/name] :slight_smile:

Yes! We are going with [name]Roslyn[/name] or [name]Rozlyn[/name]. Hubby is giving me a hard time about spelling it [name]Roslyn[/name] though. He still says he thinks it will be mispronounced as [name]Rose[/name]-lyn. But we still have some time (7-9 weeks), so maybe I can get him to go with [name]Roslyn[/name]. Right now he is demanding [name]Rozlyn[/name].
As far as [name]James[/name], neither of us are set on it 100% and are keeping our options open for another mn. However, we want a family name, and nothing really flows like [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]James[/name] does.

Yes! We are going with [name]Roslyn[/name] or [name]Rozlyn[/name]. Hubby is giving me a hard time about spelling it [name]Roslyn[/name] though. He still says he thinks it will be mispronounced as [name]Rose[/name]-lyn. But we still have some time (7-9 weeks), so maybe I can get him to go with [name]Roslyn[/name]. Right now he is demanding [name]Rozlyn[/name].
As far as [name]James[/name], neither of us are set on it 100% and are keeping our options open for another mn. However, we want a family name, and nothing really flows like [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]James[/name] does.[/quote]

[name]Rozlyn[/name] with the Z seems a little bit like what my grandmother refers to as a “makey-uppey” name! I think [name]Roslyn[/name] is a more elegant spelling, and I don’t think it’s that hard to pronounce. The ‘o’ in [name]Rose[/name] is elongated by the ‘e’, I have a friend named [name]Roslyn[/name] who is always called [name]Ros[/name], pn “[name]Roz[/name]!” Without the ‘e’ the o is short. Either way, it’s a beautiful name!!

As far as [name]James[/name], neither of us are set on it 100% and are keeping our options open for another mn. However, we want a family name, and nothing really flows like [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]James[/name] does.[/quote]

[name]Rozlyn[/name] with the Z seems a little bit like what my grandmother refers to as a “makey-uppey” name! I think [name]Roslyn[/name] is a more elegant spelling, and I don’t think it’s that hard to pronounce. The ‘o’ in [name]Rose[/name] is elongated by the ‘e’, I have a friend named [name]Roslyn[/name] who is always called [name]Ros[/name], pn “[name]Roz[/name]!” Without the ‘e’ the o is short. Either way, it’s a beautiful name!!

I prefer it spelt [name]Roslyn[/name], I don’t think people will pronounce it wrong and it seems like the more elegant spelling to me too.