Name sightings (Part 1)

On the tv this morning (they have a section of a kids show where they show artworks sent in by kids):

[name]Matisse[/name]

3 Likes

I posted this on another thread too but I heard at our pool (NY) [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name]. My first ā€œnameberryā€ names!

3 Likes

Drs surgery: [name]Gibson[/name]. Did hippy looking Mum watch NCIS?

1 Like

Also fyi, her sisters name is [name]Perdita[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Weeks and brother is [name]Rollo[/name] [name]Percival[/name] [name]Loring[/name] Weeks

2 Likes

A girl named [name]Bear[/name] on Facebook. :shock: Iā€™m hoping itā€™s just a nickname, but Iā€™m not sureā€¦

Babies named:

[name]Tamara[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Corinne[/name]

3 Likes

I posted this in another thred, but on a television show I saw a girl named [name]Ben[/name]!
Some other names I can remember from the show are [name]Saffira[/name], [name]Talullah[/name], [name]Asia[/name] and [name]Clarrie[/name] (boy). They were aged 8-12

4 Likes

Goodness. I saw a woman with a name tag that read Daffney. WHY would you do that to lovely [name]Daphne[/name]?

3 Likes

Daffney is terrible.

Siblings [name]Mackenzie[/name] nn [name]Max[/name] (boy) and [name]Marguerite[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name]. Theyā€™re around 16/18. I love seeing [name]Mackenzie[/name] on a boy for once!

2 Likes

Siblings Aoibhin, [name]Lorcan[/name] and [name]Iseult[/name]! Hmm, where do you think theyā€™re from?

2 Likes

Met a little boy named Senator. I suppose it could be a nicknameā€¦that his parents and siblings call him and introduce his as.

I was not a fan. I mean so much pressure! What if he wants to be a Representative?

6 Likes

At a parade:

[name]Stephanie[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name] ([name]Ronnie[/name])
[name]Teagan[/name]

1 Like

I was watching [name]Say[/name] Yes to the Dress: [name]Atlanta[/name] last night and one of the brides was named [name]Ivy[/name]. Now I canā€™t seem to get it out of my head. Itā€™s definitely growing on me.

2 Likes

Okay I take my sons to a twins group and there was a set of adorable identical girl twins there for the first time this week their names were MyKayla and [name]MyKenzie[/name] and their nicknames were [name]Myka[/name] (pr. [name]Micah[/name]) and [name]Kenzie[/name].
In our library group there is a girl named [name]Sawyer[/name]ā€¦ which is too bad because there are two boys named [name]Sawyer[/name] in the same group. There is also an [name]Alan[/name] which is kind of nice to hear!
One of my Facebook friends had a girl they named [name]Cassius[/name] [name]Rose[/name] with the nickname Cashiā€¦ and another had a little boy named [name]Jaymz[/name] [name]Rowe[/name]! When I asked why she said it was because they loved the sound of [name]James[/name] but that it ā€˜looked boringā€™!
A few years ago my cousin [name]Courtney[/name] named her daughter [name]California[/name] Chicago (nicknamed [name]Cali[/name] [name]Chi[/name]) because she was from Chicago and her boyfriend was from [name]California[/name]. I begged her not to, to just name her [name]Cali[/name] [name]Chi[/name] insteadā€¦ poor girl!

6 Likes

Babies I know that are on their way or newborn:

[name]Adelyn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name] [name]Elise[/name]
[name]Liam[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Cosmo[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Jayden[/name] Jaā€™[name]Kohl[/name]

Names Iā€™ve heard on the playground:

[name]Owen[/name]
Wilkins
[name]Campbell[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
Hastings (girlā€¦ :/)
[name]Justin[/name]
[name]Bella[/name]

1 Like

I forgot to add that I also met sisters [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Cecelia[/name] recently. I was so excited.

2 Likes

On a bus, [name]Ava[/name]. She was 7 months old.
at the shops, [name]Isaac[/name] and [name]Angelique[/name]. I think they were twins.

1 Like

Today I was passing some time between classes at the Student Center and I heard someone call out [name]Griselda[/name]. Also, while I was doing my reading for a class, I came across a few uncommon names:

[name]Geneva[/name] (F)
[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Radley[/name] (M)

1 Like

MyKayla and [name]MyKenzie[/name], poor kids.

[name]Geraldina[/name]
[name]Mauro[/name]

1 Like

Cool to see Hastings in real life. Wonder where her parents got the idea. (I read a book years ago where the female protagonist had that name, as had every firstborn female in her line since [name]William[/name] the Conqueror.)

I watched and episode of ā€œNICUā€ today on [name]Discovery[/name] Health and there were siblings called [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name]. I was very impressed!

[name]Alexis[/name]