Name sightings (Part 1)

found a poetry book from 1907 at my local antique bookstore and just started poking through it! this one has [name_f]Madrigal[/name_f] charming me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i’ll come back as i find more little name mentions!

and here’s the book for anyone curious! isn’t it stunning? :pleading_face:

12 Likes

okay!!! here are some more i’ve found. i’ll probably read more tomorrow :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Margery

Silvia

Celia

Campaspe

*** originally theorized to be a mistress of Alexander the Great and has apparently grown to be synonymous with a mistress in poetry

Chloris

Laura

Phillis

Anthea

Myra

Castara

Lucasta

Althea

Boudicea

Cynthia

12 Likes

sisters olive, martha and corin :blush:

11 Likes

Over the last few days:

1. Ran into a [name_f]Bre[/name_f] (this specific spelling)
  2. Learned that my grandma has a childhood friend named [name_f]Olive[/name_f]
  3. Sibset [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] mentioned on the radio
  4. Some Walmart employees named: Safarrah, [name_m]Ladarius[/name_m]*, & Vantese

*unsure if it’s [name_m]Ladarius[/name_m] or LaDarius as Walmart name tags are printed in all caps

2 Likes

I saw a [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] in the Lost Boys movie credits.

1 Like

Pretty sure the lady in line in front of me said her name was Jameron. Like [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] with a J.

1 Like

instagram sibset (both girls) [name_u]River[/name_u] & [name_f]Meadow[/name_f]!

8 Likes

One of the new little preps at my school is named [name_f]Lainey[/name_f]! I’m assuming it’s a boy, but I’m not totally sure. That’s the second time I’ve heard it!

4 Likes

Goodluck [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] used to be the president of Nigeria (with a wife called [name_f]Patience[/name_f]!), so it must be a rather common name over there!

I myself have spotted quite a lot of unusual names:

[name_f]Anita[/name_f]
[name_f]Marianne[/name_f]
Clel@lia
Teneille
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f]
[name_m]Caio[/name_m]
[name_f]Novella[/name_f]

8 Likes

A lady I met this morning was talking about her (few months out from being born) great nephew who’s already named [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] :pleading_face::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

moss, willow and ash - all boys :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Somebody I know had a [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] recently

4 Likes

Twin Girls [name_u]Joey[/name_u] [name_u]Kay[/name_u] and [name_f]Kinley[/name_f] [name_u]Clare[/name_u]

4 Likes

Spotted on Instagram a baby boy named [name_m]Casimir[/name_m], brother for [name_f]Mila[/name_f], [name_f]Anoushka[/name_f] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f].

10 Likes

encountered a YouTube channel called Beleaf in Fatherhood. The kids are named [name_m]Theophilus[/name_m] “[name_u]Theo[/name_u],” [name_m]Uriah[/name_m], [name_f]Anaya[/name_f], and [name_m]Uziah[/name_m].

3 Likes

Do the last three kids’ names all rhyme?

1 Like

Yeah I think so

Currently on vacation at Disney World, and these are the names I saw and heard today:

[name_u]Blair[/name_u] (g)
Noushin (g)
[name_f]Sherley[/name_f] (in her 20’s)
[name_f]Esperanza[/name_f]
[name_u]Waverly[/name_u] (g)
Neamiah, [name_m]Major[/name_m], & Malakhai (brothers)
[name_f]Starla[/name_f]
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f] & [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] (sisters)
[name_f]Maki[/name_f]
[name_m]Trenton[/name_m] (little boy)
Ardalia
Thai (b)
Julionex (b)
[name_m]Gabe[/name_m] & [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] (brother & sister)

Also today:

1. Apparently, a couple on HGTV have a little daughter named [name_f]Helen[/name_f]
  2. A [name_f]Rena[/name_f] pronounced “reh-nay” on a reality tv show
  3. Twin sisters in a book named [name_f]Clara[/name_f] & [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
8 Likes

Haha, mine too!

1 Like

what show though?

yes i had my round of being hgtv obsessed lol