[name_f]Nicole[/name_f]
[name_u]Macey[/name_u]
[name_u]Bailey[/name_u] (masc)
[name_m]Marc[/name_m]
[name_f]Kyla[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatriz[/name_f] (!!)
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]

8 Likes

We went to visit a coworker of my dadā€™s and he has two kids named Olivia and Easton.

7 Likes

So Ancestry.com has led me into records of the Latino branch of my family tree.

Not my relative, but Iā€™ve found a woman called Dulces Nombres, literally translated as Sweet Names if my Spanish serves me. Please correct me if Iā€™m wrong! But I pictured her parents wanting to name her something sweet.

The census Iā€™m reading currently is from Texas in 1938, which means it includes an amusing combo of long Catholic Spanish baby names that sound super serious and very America from the 1930ā€™s names that sound like theyā€™re from a different universe entirely. Iā€™ll probably post some somewhere, itā€™s such a fun sampling of how two different cultures named their babies at the time.

Edit: Actually I will not be doing that as I just realized that these babies are very well still living and I donā€™t want to dox anyone! I think my 1800s and 1900 ones are probably safe but Iā€™ll stick to those.

6 Likes

More young adults:

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_u]Lindsey[/name_u]
[name_u]Clayton[/name_u] (fem)
[name_u]Blaze[/name_u]
T3jah
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Joi[/name_f]
[name_u]Mallory[/name_u]
[name_u]Camryn[/name_u]
[name_f]Katrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessica[/name_f]
[name_f]Makayla[/name_f]
[name_f]Mandie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Daniela[/name_f]
[name_u]Jordyn[/name_u]
P@rina
[name_f]Ciara[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f]

7 Likes

Thereā€™s a cute little girl at church that has the cutest double first name, Ava Lynn :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Lordie :crown:

3 Likes

[name_u]An[/name_u] obituary for an [name_f]Elvira[/name_f]!

13 Likes

[name_u]An[/name_u] adult named [name_m]Felix[/name_m]!

8 Likes

A character named Jesse Rhys from one of my friendsā€™ books

I helped name him lol. Iā€™d forgotten about it though. I gave her a list of names because she was stuck, and she made the combo out of it

7 Likes

siblings valentina & leonardo!

24 Likes

Thatā€™s a gorgeous sibset.

2 Likes

I know someone with littles names Everl3igh Bl@ke and W3lls M@tthew. Sheā€™s just announced sheā€™s expecting baby #3 (b) so Iā€™m already guessing potentials for her new bundle.

[name_f]My[/name_f] initial thoughts:

[name_u]Archer[/name_u]
Beckett/Bennett
[name_m]Bryson[/name_m] (dad is Bry@n)
[name_u]Cade[/name_u]
[name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_u]Wilder[/name_u]

Excited to see what they pick! I think they typically wait until birth so to be announcedā€¦

6 Likes

right!! their family was super sweet too :,)

2 Likes

[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] nn [name_f]Nix[/name_f] (g) & [name_f]SalomƩ[/name_f]

14 Likes

ooh, love to see [name_f]SalomƩ[/name_f] irl :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

In this weekā€™s telegraph birth announcements over at British [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Names, there was a [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] @katinka !

Also a baby girl named [name_f]Ishbel[/name_f] [name_f]Hester[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u] [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] [name_u]Britton[/name_u] McLay [name_u]Jackson[/name_u], which I would love to know the story behind.

16 Likes

What a wonderful choice! :wink:

1 Like

In another 1975 game show (different show this time ā€” @regionlatbest), a contestant was asked about his name choices for his upcoming baby. He chose [name_f]Gina[/name_f] if it were a girl, and [name_u]Orion[/name_u] if it were a boy!

11 Likes

Twins named [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] and [name_u]Baker[/name_u]
Those names go really well together and it makes me happy :heart:

13 Likes

I thought a mother was calling for her little girl ā€œChloeā€, but when I heard it again I realised it was actually ā€œFloeyā€ she was calling for. After a few more times, her mother got a little annoyed and called for ā€œFlorence!ā€ :grimacing::laughing:

24 Likes