Name Similarities Help

I am a name nerd- I’ve loved listing names I like since I could write! Now I have a question- is there some type of category that fits the names I like? Other people say they like vintage names, classic names, unusual names… For girls, I like [name]Elodie[/name], [name]Tabitha[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Monica[/name], [name]Jacinta[/name], and [name]Aubriana[/name]. For boys, I like [name]Robert[/name], [name]Donovan[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Colton[/name]. Is it just me, or is my taste in names all over the place? I’m seeing some similarities in the boys’ names, but for girls… zilch.

So what do you think? And are there any other names you guys can think of that I might like? [name]Just[/name] curious…
Thanks for your help!

You definitely don’t have to confine yourself to a particular style! I have several different styles on my own list - I see some very traditional classic names in [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Robert[/name] for you, while [name]Tabitha[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] could be considered more “quirky classic”. [name]Elodie[/name], [name]Jacinta[/name], [name]Monica[/name], [name]Donovan[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] are all very international in flavor, while [name]Aubriana[/name] and [name]Colton[/name] are quite modern.

Here’s a list of some of my own favorites - some may strike a chord with you, some not, but you’ll see my taste is “all over the place” too! :slight_smile:

Girls: [name]Agatha[/name], [name]Aviva[/name], [name]Bettina[/name], [name]Clea[/name], [name]Eve[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Honor[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Sibyl[/name], [name]Sonya[/name], [name]Yvaine[/name] (I like a’s and v’s a lot, is all I can figure!)
Boys: [name]Asher[/name], [name]Cecil[/name], [name]Frederick[/name], [name]Julian[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Luca[/name], [name]Silas[/name] (my boys’ list is shorter and the style a bit more cohesive!)

[name]Hope[/name] this helps. :slight_smile:

I agree with esrever, I think your two main styles are traditional and quirky classic (although I may argue about which of your names go where), but you shouldn’t restrain yourself to one style! My top names are mostly vintage-y (some are vintage, some just give the feeling: see [name]Cameo[/name]), but then I also [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Heather[/name] and [name]Juneau[/name], neither being at all vintage! What you like is simply what you like, to reason to stick yourself in a box.