Name Style Changes/Surprises

Has anyone else been surprised by their naming style or had it change over time? As a teenager I used to love very vowel filled girl names. Names that would end with an “i” (ie, ee) or “a” sound. Now all of my favorite names are still pretty feminine but definitely not filled with vowels. My top are [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_u]Eden[/name_u], and [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. Others that I like are [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_u]Meredith[/name_u], and [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]. It is only recently that I realized this and I found it interesting. Anyone else have this happen?

Same here!
I used to love girl names ending in consonants since we do not generally have those in greece but now i love names that end in an -ie/ee sound! I also used to love typically American and [name_m]French[/name_m] names but now I prefer Scandinavian and Italian ones

I had a list of my top ten before having my daughter, but now that I have named an actual baby I can’t imagine using most of the other names anymore! I am so glad I picked the one I did, and it surprises me how wrong the others sound now. It’s also really hard to find another name I like as much as my first daughter’s for a subsequent daughter.

Before I really got into names I only could think of heavily unisex names for girls that I liked. Now that I’ve been through Nameberry time and time again, I’ve been able to build my girls list with nice, non-frilly names that are still girl’s names.

I have had this happen with both my sons too. Once we picked the name and gave it to them all of the other options sort of fell to the wayside for me. It’s not that I don’t like them but I also just can’t see me using them anymore either. My baby is only 4 months old and we aren’t even thinking of getting pregnant again soon but already my list of boy names is completely different than the ones we considered for him.